Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

Default Re: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

FT: MUFC 2 West Brom 0. Jesse Lingard and Juan Mata score to clinch maximum points for Louis van Gaal's side.

Labored performance. In the midst of poor attacking football, I just realized that United has not conceded a goal in about 9.5hrs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe we can raid the chelsea camp this Jan and of course leave our ex-player alone! lol ...

Beckham Returns to OT with Brooklyn ... Still SAF n Class of 92 is the best!

GB AND IRELAND 3 REST OF THE WORLD 1
    A deserved win for the GB and Ireland team thanks to goals from Paul Scholes and Michael Owen (2). It was a match 75,381 fans packed inside Old Trafford loved!

GB AND IRELAND SQUAD
    This is who Sir Alex has at his disposal:
    Seaman, James, Carragher, Campbell, P.Neville, Terry, A.Cole, Fletcher, Butt, Sinclair, Beckham, Scholes, McAllister, Giggs, Owen, Crouch, Smith.

REST OF THE WORLD SQUAD
    Carlo Ancelotti will choose from the following for his team:
    Van der Sar, Van der Gouw, Cafu, Hierro, Couto, Silvestre, Maxwell, Figo, Zidane, Pires, Karembeu, Park, Seedorf, Vieira, Ballack, Ronaldinho, Yorke, Solskjaer, Kluivert, Donovan.

All scorers are our ppl.

BECKHAM ENJOYS OLD TRAFFORD RETURN

David Beckham was a proud man and still buzzing after the UNICEF 'Match for Children' took place at his former home Old Trafford on Saturday.

The ex-Manchester United idol played a key role in Great Britain and Ireland's 3-1 victory over the Rest of the World and enjoyed another special occasion at the Theatre of Dreams.

"It was amazing," declared Beckham. "It doesn't get any better than that. A full house for a great cause. Today was always going to be special. It's been a long journey over the last nine days. We set out to play seven games in seven continents - I wanted to do it in seven days but it was pushing it!

"We achieved what we wanted to, raised a lot of money and shone a light on a great cause to help children around the world. I want to thank the fans, players and managers involved today for their support. Without that, it's very difficult to raise the money that we have. It's been an incredible day."

Beckham was asked if there were any doubts about the game going ahead after the terrible atrocities in Paris.

"There was a slight concern," he said. "It was devastating to see the scenes we saw but, unfortunately, we see it around the world. I understand why Zinedine Zidane decided not to play. I think he was very respectful to me and to everything. He promised that he'd come over and play but I totally understand. He's a friend first off and a very passionate man. What happened hit him very hard. On behalf of myself and everyone involved, we all send our condolences to everyone affected in Paris."

Beckham was a proud father after he was able to play alongside son Brooklyn in the closing stages of the game.

"He did alright!" he smiled. "One of my lasting memories of playing here was winning the Premier League and walking around with Brooklyn when he was 18 months old. I was very proud. He's 16 now and a bit difficult to get on my shoulders!

"Thankfully, the manager agreed it was something we should do. It was special. I wasn't expecting to go back on, play with him and pass to him but Sol [Campbell] got injured. It was amazing.

"He loves photography and he loves football as well. We'll see [which profession he takes up]. He did well for the 15 minutes. His first cross was great and his corner onto his dad's head - I've never been any good with my head!

"He did well. I say to my children, if they have a passion for something, and he loves football but has passion for photos too."

David n Brooklyn
    Last edited by melvin; 15th November 2015 at 09:50 PM.

Another injury from international!

Manchester United's Anthony Martial injured in France's friendly against England!

Manchester United striker Anthony Martial has picked up a foot injury during France's 2-0 defeat to England at Wembley.

The 19-year-old was substituted in the 67th minute and was seen leaving the stadium on crutches with a bandage around his foot.

France head coach Didier Deschamps said: "He is in a lot of pain but it is just a knock on the top of his foot."

source

INTERNATIONAL REDS: ROONEY SCORES ON EMOTIONAL NIGHT AT WEMBLEY

Wayne Rooney scored his 51st goal for his country as England ran out 2-0 winners over France at Wembley on a night when the two nations came together in tribute to those who tragically lost their lives in Paris four days earlier.

More reports

Think Rooney should know when to score? score at the right time?

Back to BPL weekend!

WATFORD V UNITED
    21 November 2015 at 8:45:00 PM

Travelling to Watford with an injury list!

SIX REDS TO MISS UNITED'S TRIP TO WATFORD

Louis van Gaal admits he has "a big problem" ahead of Manchester United’s trip to Watford in the Barclays Premier League with no fewer than six players unavailable for selection.

During his exclusive interview with MUTV at the Aon Training Complex on Friday, the manager confirmed Anthony Martial and Michael Carrick both picked up injuries while playing for France and England during the international break, which rules them out of contention this weekend.

Wayne Rooney is ill and has been deemed unfit for action, while Antonio Valencia will miss out after undergoing surgery on a foot injury. Marouane Fellaini has not featured since the 1-0 win over CSKA Moscow and the Belgian is still injured, with long-term absentee Luke Shaw also on the sidelines.

We are officially without strikers for this game!
    Last edited by melvin; 21st November 2015 at 10:28 AM.

We'll do better without Rooney.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

What do u guys think will be the lineup for tonight?

My guess:

De Gea
    Darmian Jones Smalling Rojo
    Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger
    Lingard Mata Young
    Depay

This weekend's injury list shows how lightweight we are in the striker's department..

ManUtd XI: De Gea; Young, Jones, Smalling, Blind; Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger; Mata, Herrera, Lingard; Memphis. subs: Romero, Rojo, McNair, Darmian, Goss, Pereira, Rashford. 2 new faces on the bench n I thought Wilson will be the natural choice!
    Last edited by melvin; 21st November 2015 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vengels View Post
    What do u guys think will be the lineup for tonight? My guess: De Gea Darmian Jones Smalling Rojo Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger Lingard Mata Young Depay This weekend's injury list shows how lightweight we are in the striker's department.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Almost spot on!

11' - GOAL! Watford 0 mufc 1. Memphis opens the scoring! Memphis makes the breakthrough with a wonderful left-footed volley from Ander Herrera's cross
    Last edited by melvin; 21st November 2015 at 08:58 PM.

25' - Mufc are forced into an early change, as Marcos Rojo comes on for the injured Herrera.

GOAL Watford 1-1 Man Utd (87 mins). Troy Deeney equalises from the sport after Marcos Rojo brought down Odion Ighalo in the box

90' - GOAL! Watford 1 Mufc 2. Schweinsteiger's shot is deflected in!

FULL-TIME Watford 1-2 Man Utd. The visitors move top of the BPL table after late drama at Vicarage Road.

Top of the league again!

Injuries piling up.. Worst possible time especially we r so close to the holiday period..

VAN GAAL PROVIDES FULL INJURY UPDATE

Louis van Gaal hopes Manchester United attacking pair Wayne Rooney and Anthony Martial could be available for the midweek Champions League tie against PSV Eindhoven at Old Trafford, but Ander Herrera and Phil Jones are expected to miss the match.

The Reds boss revealed injuries sustained to Herrera and Jones against Watford were perhaps not too serious even though it was a patched-up side that secured a sweet 2-1 win at Vicarage Road; James Wilson also missed the game due to a knee problem.

injury update

Quote Originally Posted by vengels View Post
    Injuries piling up.. Worst possible time especially we r so close to the holiday period..
    Hope no injury and recover soon! UP next is CL game!

Damn sad. Can't even beat PSV at home. Now need to get a victory in Germany to ensure 2nd round of UCL..

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast