Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

Default Re: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

VAN GAAL REACTS TO DEFEAT AT ARSENAL

Louis van Gaal spoke to MUTV, Sky Sports and at his press conference after Manchester United's disappointing 3-0 defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. Here's what the Reds boss said...

On the nature of the defeat
    I didn't expect that. I was surprised. No performing our game-plan, no will to win. We were top of the league so I was surprised – maybe 'amazed' is a better word. When you give a team like Arsenal so much space to play football, you know you shall lose. We have prepared ourselves in that way, to play more compact but not to lose our aggression. It was amazing for me and very disappointing. The players are in an emotional moment because we have lost. We have lost in a way you cannot lose when you are top of the league. You cannot start like that.

On Arsenal
    The midfielders, especially [Santi] Cazorla and [Mesut] Ozil, had too much space and they have the quality to make the most of it. We lost every duel, every second ball. We were not tight on their midfielders, and they can play because they are a fantastic team. We have to do better as a team. The defence starts with the attacker. We have to be more compact against teams like Barcelona, PSG and Arsenal, but with the same aggression.

Did Bastian Schweinsteiger play further forward?
    That was in the second half, not the first half. In the second half, he had to play against Cazorla, because he [Cazorla] had too much freedom and that’s why Bastian was playing more in front. When he did that in the second half it was better, but you never know if Arsenal slowed down.

On United's fans
    I always send the players to the fans because they are there always. They always support us. Despite the 3-0 loss, they supported us. I think you always have to thank them – not only now, when we have lost 3-0, but when we have won, too, when it is more easy.

Biggest concern after the match?
    My biggest concern is that the players are flying out from London because they have to go to their national teams, so we cannot prepare for the match against Everton. I have to wait to see if the players are fit enough but also mentally fit enough to play. We cannot train because they are coming back on Wednesday and Thursday, so it is much better to win and then you can prepare the next game. Before the last international break we lost against Swansea City, but we won against Liverpool after it, so we can do it, but today was a shock for me.

LVG response to loss

Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    bastian only holds them back with his slow pace.united midfield was terrible,ran over by younger and hungrier players.carrick and bastian did not cope with the threats coming from midfield.utd should do a liverpool and sack van gaal.
    agree that Bastian is not the fastest player especially at his age now..
    but Carrick and Bastian should never be played together against Arsenal.. Morgan should have started instead as he has the energy to cover the midfield better..

sack Van Gaal?.. probably we should.. i am still wondering what is this philosophy that he is talking about since last year..
    to keep possession without doing much?..

United fans are missing the attacking football we have enjoyed over the years..
    the flying wingers down the flanks..
    overlapping fullbacks..

i wonder which manager will be able to bring this kinda football back to Old Trafford..

Quote Originally Posted by vengels View Post
    but Carrick and Bastian should never be played together against Arsenal.. Morgan should have started instead as he has the energy to cover the midfield better..

sack Van Gaal?.. probably we should.. i am still wondering what is this philosophy that he is talking about since last year..

overlapping fullbacks..

i wonder which manager will be able to bring this kinda football back to Old Trafford..
    Bring in Ancelotti ! 3 times European champion

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei78 View Post
    Bring in Ancelotti ! 3 times European champion
    might be a good choice..
    but i suspect Van Gaal will not be sacked as results are encouraging..

we are impatient with him beacuse of the possession football he wants the team to play.. and that is very different from the attacking football we all crave..

the players are encouraged to pass the ball and keep possession which causes the players to keep passing back to restart an attack.. this less than gung-ho approach i think is holding some of the attacking players like Rooney and Depay back..

on the side note..
    De Gea might be leaving United during the summer?.. he is not featured in the 2016 calendar..
    so rumors of a release clause inserted into his contract could be correct afterall..

overlapping fullbacks..

have you considered giggsy??been there for 20 yrs and understand the Utd philosophy.why look for others when we have someone from the inside?

might be a good choice..
    but i suspect Van Gaal will not be sacked as results are encouraging..

we are impatient with him beacuse of the possession football he wants the team to play.. and that is very different from the attacking football we all crave..

the players are encouraged to pass the ball and keep possession which causes the players to keep passing back to restart an attack.. this less than gung-ho approach i think is holding some of the attacking players like Rooney and Depay back..

on the side note..
    De Gea might be leaving United during the summer?.. he is not featured in the 2016 calendar..
    so rumors of a release clause inserted into his contract could be correct afterall..
    yes,,probly de gea won't be around for next season or maybe earlier during the january transfer window.i think fans are relentless for val gaal way of playing the team.probably ur rite.but on the other hand..spending half a billion SGD$$$ and still playing poorer than everton............hes out man!!!

Johan Cruyff says Louis van Gaal is playing the wrong style of football at Manchester United and has criticised the behaviour of Jose Mourinho.

The former Barcelona coach, who has had a strained relationship with his Dutch compatriot Van Gaal, believes United do not dictate games as they should, insisting there is an onus to entertain the fans.

"He doesn't dominate. I like dominating football. Manchester doesn't play like that," he told Sky Sports News HQ.

Asked if he thought Van Gaal was too cautious, he said: "I don't think so, but it's strange that against strong teams they've got good results and with weak teams they've had difficulties. That's a strange situation.

"But the results I think are second. The game is first. Money is very important but always second. In England they play different, everybody has their own style. A mix of styles is always good.

"The most important part are the fans, that people going home are happy. It's their time off and you should give them something to enjoy."

Agree with Cruyff?

have you considered giggsy??been there for 20 yrs and understand the Utd philosophy.why look for others when we have someone from the inside?
    giggsy having played under Fergie might be a good choice.. but is he ready?.. Fergie just came out and said if Giggsy had retired earlier.. then Giggsy would have been his assistant and would be ready to take over when he retired in 2013..

is he now ready under Moyes and Van Gaal?..

yes,,probly de gea won't be around for next season or maybe earlier during the january transfer window.i think fans are relentless for val gaal way of playing the team.probably ur rite.but on the other hand..spending half a billion SGD$$$ and still playing poorer than everton............hes out man!!!
    after all the money spent.. it seems he should be gone by now given how the team is playing.. United more patient with him than Moyes.. i guess having a big reputation helps..

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Johan Cruyff says Louis van Gaal is playing the wrong style of football at Manchester United and has criticised the behaviour of Jose Mourinho.
    Agree with Cruyff?[/URL]
    i agree with Cruyff and the many people who are criticizing LVG..

i simply cannot understand why he bothers talking about and buying fast and pacy players.. especially his style of football totally doesn't suit these players..

having players like Young, Valencia, Depay, Martial but the team keeps passing the ball back and sideways.. this kinda football totally doesn't favor pacy players.. we should give these players the ball and attack with pace.. overwhelm the defence and cause them to be disorganised.. just like what Arsenal did to United on Sunday..

lets hope this defeat will wake LVG up and make him realise this style of football doesn't suit United..

WHICH UNITED PLAYERS WILL BE AT EURO 2016?

Manchester United will be heavily involved in next summer’s European Championship after a host of Reds qualified for the tournament during the international break.

Of course, it is difficult to predict exactly who will feature in the continental competition because each nation’s squad of 23 will not be named until next May or June. However, based on appearances during the qualifying campaign, it’s fair to assume the following players are in contention for France 2016…

REDS AT EURO 2016 (IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER OF NATION)

Belgium: Marc Wilmots’ men qualified as Group B winners, finishing just ahead of Wales. Marouane Fellaini made six starts and two substitute appearances, scoring four goals in the process. Adnan Januzaj, who is on loan at Borussia Dortmund, only made one substitute appearance, though he has plenty of time to obtain a place.

England: The Three Lions won Group E by a nine-point margin and became the only country to secure a 100 per cent winning record. Wayne Rooney, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and Michael Carrick were involved throughout and should board the plane. Luke Shaw could potentially recover from his double leg break in time to play next summer and Ashley Young might yet reclaim his place. Rooney scored seven times in eight games.

France: As hosts, Les Bleus did not have to qualify and have been busy contesting a series of international friendlies in preparation for next summer. Morgan Schneiderlin is a regular in Didier Deschamps' side, while Anthony Martial earned praise for his full debut against Denmark on Sunday.

Germany: The world champions made hard work of their qualifying campaign, enduring an inconsistent start, but they eventually pulled it together to finish top of Group D. Bastian Schweinsteiger made four outings during that run and dreams of lifting another trophy as captain.

Italy: Matteo Darmian was arguably a surprise inclusion for the 2014 World Cup squad, but our talented close season signing has been a mainstay ever since then by registering nine starts and one substitute appearance during this Euro 2016 qualifying campaign, scoring his first international goal in the process. He’s a safe bet for inclusion in the Azzurri squad.

Northern Ireland: “I haven’t booked any holidays for next summer yet,” explained Paddy McNair last month, acutely aware that he might report for international duty in France. That’s almost certain now, after Michael O’Neill’s fifth seeds shocked the football world by finishing top of Group F.

Spain: David De Gea was praised for his top performance in Ukraine on Monday and the goalkeeper could yet earn the no.1 jersey from Iker Casillas. Juan Mata made three appearances and scored one goal in qualifying, while Ander Herrera has recently spoken of his desire to play internationally.

Players going to EURO next summer

on a side note: RVP seems to be not his usual self after leaving us and score own goal at Euro as Netherlands fail to qualify ...

Its Match Day!
    EVERTON V UNITED
    17 October 2015 at 10:00:00 PM
    3points no less ...

INJURY UPDATE AHEAD OF EVERTON V UNITED

Story updated at 13:04 BST

Louis van Gaal has provided an injury update on numerous Manchester United players ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League trip to Everton.

Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick did not feature in either of England’s Euro 2016 qualifying matches against Estonia and Lithuania due to slight injury problems, but van Gaal says both are fit to face Everton. Phil Jones is also available after registering 90 minutes for the Three Lions on Monday night.

"Wayne Rooney, I think he can play and Michael Carrick can play as well," van Gaal told MUTV. "I was very pleased with Jones. Yes, of course [he is fit] because he has already played for me two times for 15 or 20 minutes. Then he plays for the England team. When I want to select him I can select him for the line-up."

Bastian Schweinsteiger was hurt in the warm-up for Germany’s match with Republic of Ireland and missed that 1-0 defeat, as well as the subsequent 1-1 draw with Georgia in Leipzig, but the 31-year-old appears set to feature at Goodison Park after van Gaal did not list him as injured.

Paddy McNair endured mixed emotions during the international break as he helped Northern Ireland qualify for a first major tournament since the 1986 World Cup with a 3-1 win over Greece, before sustaining a serious-looking injury during the 1-1 draw with Finland that secured top spot in Group F.

During his pre-match press conference at the Aon Training Complex, van Gaal also revealed Ashley Young picked up a problem in United's previous match against Arsenal and is therefore unavailable.

Meanwhile, Marcos Rojo and Ander Herrera stayed in Manchester during the international break to continue their rehabilitation from injury and both are available for selection this weekend, although they are possibly not yet ready to complete a full match.

"They were injured and they have a rehabilitation period behind their back and everything went well," the boss confirmed to MUTV. "They are also fit to play – maybe not 90 minutes but you never know."

injury updates

Starting XI: De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Mata, Herrera, Rooney, Martial.
    subs: Johnstone, Blind, Carrick, Lingard, Pereira, Fellaini, Memphis.

1' - Rooney and Herrera kick off to get us under way at Goodison Park. Come on, United!

Here we go after international break!

Martial on the left n Rooney in the centre?

18' - GOAL! Everton 0-1 Manchester United (Schneiderlin)!

23'- GOAL! Everton 0-2 Manchester United (Herrera)
    Last edited by melvin; 17th October 2015 at 10:23 PM.

2-0 Performance have improved without Memphis!!

HT Everton 0-2 Man Utd

oh by the way

Klopp made a quick getaway from North London and has made it to Goodison for a lesson in how to beat Everton...

GOAL Everton 0-3 Man Utd (62 mins). Rooney latches onto Herrera's pass before coolly finishing. And it's a landmark goal...

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast