Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rates,Terms & Conditions for Event Photography

Default Re: Rates,Terms & Conditions for Event Photography

now adays, events and RC and CCs job also not easy, must shoot journalistic for them to use the prints for magazines, filers etc. Lucky CCs and RC know i can shoot with good end results, they pay me $250/ for 2 to 3 hrs, so i happy.

Don't look down on this kinda of shoot, i depend on them during lao period, means no bussiness month. During ghost festival, ang mo is august, cover national day happy happy.

1 day got 3 location, 1 location $250/-, just print 180 4r for them can liao.

During normal periods, i just serve them as per normal, so that they don't forget me.

But CCs and RCs very picky nowadays, i try to go and shoot as much as i can, if i can't make it, i will pass to my associates.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    yes, u can package that the shoot is free, only give thumbnail size photos, then sell the large size photos or prints at $x each...
    (suggestion: x=10-20)
    Hmm... U noe wad? This is very good way of doing business!
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    it will be quite hard to get the job if u list out too many terms and conditions for the usage of the photo.

market rate is about $100/hr of service,i just burn all the high res image and give it to them.

they can do wad they want with those events photo,of no commercial value anyway.

Big group photography is diff,i keep the copyrights and they have to go thru me for reprints/enlargements.

i heard from customers,some even shoot RC events for $50 only.
    I did it before for RC event for 50 dollar , 2 rows of film plus 3R print, still can earn 10 dollar during my school days(7 years ago ).
    Used the cheapest film and my school F4, really fun and to gain experience, lucky the ppl there know that i am newib so requirement not so high.
    Last edited by fatjp; 5th October 2005 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hmm... U noe wad? This is very good way of doing business!
    U can also tell yr clients, normal price service 1 week, if want expresso then incur a premium price...

vince123123
    Guests

You should not release the photographs to them and quote them a revised rate. If they want then pay the $$, if not then you just give them those photos which were described (ie VIP arrival, chatting with guest, stage performances) and exclude those added in (bursary awards, parents photos) and then ask them to pay the S$280.00 as agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    on a more serious note. Event photography is not easy to cover, lots of things to look out for. Usually it'll cost at least $200/- just for the service ( 2 hrs job ) the rest are factored in base on the client's request ie: prints, no. of hours, weekend/weekday, est. no of shots, how much jobs this client give you, etc.
    Last time still new (about 10 years ago) kana con by a client, told me just 2 hrs job and need 4R prints, just shoot VIP arrival, chatting with guest, stage performance ( 3 items only ) and when the VIP is on stage.
    I est. about 100 prints so quoted $280.00. End up VIP giving out bursary to more than 100 children. For every child given the bursary, VIP turn to me and wait for me to shoot and the MC announce that they can collect the photos from the org. 1 week later. The worst is after that another MC ( there were 2 MCs ) announce that those parents who want to take pictures with the VIP can do so when the VIP comes downfrom the stage as there is a photographer to shoot for them ( I think the VIP told the MC ) end up printing more than 300 4R prints. Later ask for more money from the org. they told me that no money and give me another $20.00 to make it $300.00. What a bummer!!

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    You should not release the photographs to them and quote them a revised rate. If they want then pay the $$, if not then you just give them those photos which were described (ie VIP arrival, chatting with guest, stage performances) and exclude those added in (bursary awards, parents photos) and then ask them to pay the S$280.00 as agreed.
    no lar. I just spoke to the top guy. He told me that as this year is going to be election year VIP want to do PR and sorry his guys did not tell me in advance. End up they paid me another $200.00 and I also shot their "run up to election" activites as well.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

vince123123
    Guests

Ah ok lor if you got your dues then settled.

So is this the first confirmed rumour of election year this year ? :P

no lar. I just spoke to the top guy. He told me that as this year is going to be election year VIP want to do PR and sorry his guys did not tell me in advance. End up they paid me another $200.00 and I also shot their "run up to election" activites as well.

Ah ok lor if you got your dues then settled.

So is this the first confirmed rumour of election year this year ? :P
    Boss, pls read my post again lah. it was about 10 years ago ie: 2 elections ago.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    Boss, pls read my post again lah. it was about 10 years ago ie: 2 elections ago.
    Sorry guys, did not notice that Smurfman did not log out so posted with his nick. Sorry my bad
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

vince123123
    Guests

Oh ok see wrong :P Then you should complete the story by saying you got $200 more mah, make us cliffhanger :P hehe

Boss, pls read my post again lah. it was about 10 years ago ie: 2
    elections ago.

Oh ok see wrong :P Then you should complete the story by saying you got $200 more mah, make us cliffhanger :P hehe
    Part 1 part2 mah

For a non-full-time professional, it's $100 for 1hr job at least. But for 1hr jobbies, make sure it is not some ulu places like Sungei Buloh family day. For a 15-min group corporate photo, i think the market rate's $50 service-only (entry level job, no additional lightings provided).

For more hours, usually i will cut back to $60/h. All post-processed properly. Shoot properly and it's just levelling...much simpler than ADs. Occasionally if your links are good, there will be someone can offer you like $600 for 8 hours. Don't be surprised that this is a discount price, i heard they used to pay 2-3k per day for top jobs, but that is not at our level (at least for most of us).

I never offer extra services like developing of photos because from experience that is too labour intenstive and not worth the trouble. In this aspect and higher level of post-processing, ADs are so much 'lousier' to shoot, but bo bian...much higher volume, jobs come by easier.
    Last edited by 2100; 5th October 2005 at 03:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12