Thread: can i oil my lens motor?

Default can i oil my lens motor?

my nikkor 70-300mm lens makes quite a fuss when focusing.. i noticed this screw that turns when focusing. can i oil it with to reduce the noise?

Default Re: can i oil my lens motor?

Originally posted by hackie
    my nikkor 70-300mm lens makes quite a fuss when focusing.. i noticed this screw that turns when focusing. can i oil it with to reduce the noise?
    In a word: DON'T! When oil leaks inside, into the elements, you will have a very expensive repair job. Let the service centre do it if you really need lubrication.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: can i oil my lens motor?

Originally posted by ckiang

In a word: DON'T! When oil leaks inside, into the elements, you will have a very expensive repair job. Let the service centre do it if you really need lubrication.

Regards
    CK
    gee.. thanks.

Default Re: can i oil my lens motor?

I assume that your 70-300 is a 'G' lens. The loud noises are probably inevitable due to poorer build quality. If it is not, then thats strange, or you're just too used to HSM/AF-S motors

Originally posted by hackie

Default Re: Re: can i oil my lens motor?

Originally posted by erwinx
    I assume that your 70-300 is a 'G' lens. The loud noises are probably inevitable due to poorer build quality. If it is not, then thats strange, or you're just too used to HSM/AF-S motors

ya.. it's the "free" G lens tat came with f65..
    well, since it's free, wat else can i ask for..

how abt using a "ear plug"

See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Originally posted by megaweb
    how abt using a "ear plug"

hmm... lost the pair i was given on Charlie...