I might be alone in this, but some days I feel like I’m drowning in fonts! I love having so many at my fingertips and easy access, but I often just need to pick a decent typeface and get on with a project. It’s like the folks at MyFonts heard my silent pleas for help with font selection, because they have released an app that does just that. FontScout is a free app for the iPad that helps you zero in on the perfect typeface. The app first shows you a list of example typefaces, not merely a categorical listing of “script,” “serif,” and “sans serif,” but a visual selection of options. For instance, the scripts options alone range from classy and stylish to antiquated to handwritten. It took an accidental swipe on that main screen for me to realize the initial selection isn’t limited to those first 35 choices. Pulling down on the page again and again continues to reload yet another set of typefaces! Tapping on a style you like—I amused myself for longer than I’d care to admit by choosing icons and ornaments—brings up the chosen typeface at the top, as well as a list of comparable [...]
The post FontScout Apps Helps with Type Selection appeared first on CreativePro.com.

More...