View Poll Results: Which house first for AD shoot?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bride's

21 84.00%
  • Bridegroom's

4 16.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AD wedding, bride or Bride groom house first.

Default Re: AD wedding, bride or Bride groom house first.

thanks..
    now i understand..

i think why most ppl go to the bride is because
    there is a saying that goes... "the bride looks the most beautiful on her wedding day"

so normally ppl would like to catch as much of the bride as possible =)

also, the wedding is usually the girl's day. its not the guy's big day.

oh wells. ha =)

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    During 70's lot of s'porean couples go honeymoon tour after ROM, no customary and dinner, just a post an announcement of marriage on news paper.
    yup, when first introduce studio wedding photography in singapore, lots of old timers photographer laughs...................but seeing suceed in this fields, all jump in.

in the past, theres no early shooting of studio photo, during AD, afternoon free time, the couple just go to studio and shoot, after that, then go the dinner.

the studio that do this bussiness last time earn like xiao...........
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    also, the wedding is usually the girl's day. its not the guy's big day.
    But it's the guys' big nite.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    ....the studio that do this bussiness last time earn like xiao
    What changes the landscape is now everyone who has a digicam can earn like xiao?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    What changes the landscape is now everyone who has a digicam can earn like xiao?
    wrong, now everyone who has a digicam earn less, especially the old timers. too many ppl claim to be photographer, any how also shoot and quote for job.

Once i saw someone here post a thread looking for photographer to shoot her/his pre wedding. Then suddenly, i saw floods there.
    I saw a nick, post there claiming he/she do all kinds of shoot, even pre wedding also can. I go see his/her gallery, the models portraits he/she done cannot make it, only technically can make it, very normal shoot, stand there, turn around, smile, shoot. but i tell u, everyone who has a digicam can do also.

so, how to earn better monies when every tom, dick and harry claim to be a photographer?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

wrong, now everyone who has a digicam earn less, especially the old timers. too many ppl claim to be photographer, any how also shoot and quote for job.

Once i saw someone here post a thread looking for photographer to shoot her/his pre wedding. Then suddenly, i saw floods there.
    I saw a nick, post there claiming he/she do all kinds of shoot, even pre wedding also can. I go see his/her gallery, the models portraits he/she done cannot make it, only technically can make it, very normal shoot, stand there, turn around, smile, shoot. but i tell u, everyone who has a digicam can do also.

so, how to earn better monies when every tom, dick and harry claim to be a photographer?
    Well, wedding couples have to carefully choose the photographer they feel comfortable with. And make sure that he/she is in Singapore at all time.
    Let's take for an instance. If the photographer is located in Malaysia, do aware that he/she might not get through the custom gate in time for the AD shooting although their pricing is much more cheaper than local photographers.
    In the meanwhile, quite a number of so called photographers out there really spoilt the market here. Do look at their portfolios if any before considering hiring them.

Cheers to all about to marry couples out there.

Actually, I have no problems with photographers like that because they make my photography look good even when it's not and they help me justify my prices. You show them the $600 work and then you show them the $5k work, and customers are smart, they are able to see the difference. If they have nothing to compare against, that's when it's very hard to convince them to spend more. So hooray for the low priced photogs. They are key to the survival of my business.

seem enough of ppl here claim here and there, i command that price, ppl pay me that amount, but eventually, not many dare to charge that amount....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang
    Actually, I have no problems with photographers like that because they make my photography look good even when it's not and they help me justify my prices. You show them the $600 work and then you show them the $5k work, and customers are smart, they are able to see the difference. If they have nothing to compare against, that's when it's very hard to convince them to spend more. So hooray for the low priced photogs. They are key to the survival of my business.
    The jiat lat part is that most clients do not really have an eye for good photographs... Unless either the bride or groom are photographers.

These dayz, u'll see photographers charging cheap-cheap, saying they shoot digital and UNLIMITED COVERAGE (prolly means they shoot 1000, give u back 300). Some even charge so cheap and den include the cost of development that u wonder what they earn....

Times are certainly bad, especially when those ppl who genuinely trained under a Great Master hoping to hit it out on their own one day and den kena this kind of market quite jiat lat.....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    The jiat lat part is that most clients do not really have an eye for good photographs... Unless either the bride or groom are photographers.

These dayz, u'll see photographers charging cheap-cheap, saying they shoot digital and UNLIMITED COVERAGE (prolly means they shoot 1000, give u back 300). Some even charge so cheap and den include the cost of development that u wonder what they earn....

Times are certainly bad, especially when those ppl who genuinely trained under a Great Master hoping to hit it out on their own one day and den kena this kind of market quite jiat lat.....
    What can we do? Agreed with what you have mentioned on the 1st paragraphs. If people charging cheap-cheap by shooting 1000 & give back 300, I can say that this people are not just spoiling the market, they are also idiots too. Just killing the shutter mechanism.
    Well, if you are trained under a Great Master, you will not work here already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12