Thread: Questions on Still Life for Basic Skills

Default Questions on Still Life for Basic Skills

Hi,

My brother said still life is good practice for technical skills. Anybody want to share your thoughts on this? Shooting still life is good practice for composition, there shouldn't be disagreement, right?

A little bit more homebound to rest an ankle, and now got slight fever some more , so I've been playing around with things in the house again.

Just getting ideas. What are your usual/favourite subjects for homemade still life? Also can share anything that fascinates you that you keep coming back to shoot? What do you do for backdrops?

There was a burn on my ironing board cover, so I was playing around with that and the iron. Things didn't really take off until I noticed the rows of unburnt holes left on the cover that matched the steam holes on the iron. So I put together a little corny story, hehe. Just wanted to say that playing around made me aware of the shapes and lines I didn't previously notice so much...

Anyway, got fever, not too sure how coherent I am . OK, I go sleep. Thanks.

Default Re: Questions on Still Life for Basic Skills

my fave
    <---
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Default Re: Questions on Still Life for Basic Skills

Still life subject dont move, the photo taking process is repeatable, so u can analyse the photo and then shoot again.

Good practice for metering, focusing, DOF, composition, and yr 3rd eye.