Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    We really have to get over this mythical great divide between films and digital and go back to our roots which are photography.

    Don't forget that many of the fine digital photographers who walk the earth today have horned their skills with film cameras in the cave days.

    Everytime I hear someone harping over the film vs digital great divide, I cry for the lost soul who has drifted from the true love of photography which is plain and simple just taking pictures.

    The inventors of digital cameras was the great marketing geniuses of Nikon and Canon who saw a way to triple and quardruple their sales figures worldwide.

    Do not let the temptation and seduction of sexy digital technology to cloud your mind with dirty thoughts. Be true to photography for in front of it you could stand naked and be in harmony with the true love. The satisfaction of creating a great image is not less pleasurable if you go to bed with a roll of 35mm Fujichrome or a Sandisk 500mb CF card. You can make babies with any of them (if you know how to ))

    If you think that I sould like I am talking about sex, you've better clear your polluted mind.
    Last edited by Sion; 30th September 2005 at 09:58 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    That's the saddest part since post processing photos (especially RAW files) is a must for any DSLR shooters especially when the *(@#$&#*@ white balance cocks up.
    WB problem? shoot RAW lah ... kekekekekeke ...

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    We really have to get over this mythical great divide between films and digital and go back to our roots which are photography.

    Don't forget that many of the fine digital photographers who walk the earth today have horned their skills with film cameras in the cave days.

    Everytime I hear someone harping over the film vs digital great divide, I cry for the lost soul who has drifted from the true love of photography which is plain and simple just taking pictures.

    The inventors of digital cameras was the great marketing geniuses of Nikon and Canon who saw a way to triple and quardruple their sales figures worldwide.

    Do not let the temptation and seduction of sexy digital technology to cloud your mind with dirty thoughts. Be true to photography for in front of it you could stand naked and be in harmony with the true love. The satisfaction of creating a great image is not less pleasurable if you go to bed with a roll of 35mm Fujichrome or a Sandisk 500mb CF card. You can make babies with any of them (if you know how to ))

    If you think that I sould like I am talking about sex, you've better clear your polluted mind.

    i love the way you put it

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    East, SG
    Posts
    2,641

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    I still shoot silver halide film for weddings, but nowadays, clients requesting for that medium are getting rarer...

    Some of the CSers here whom I've taken AD wedding for would know the 25x8R in acid-free album package. So far, most of those that requested for this medium are those that really know what they're asking for. The price of the package starts from $2500 coz it's hell a lot of work. 25 prints can take a night to print.

    Kindda explain why most of these clients are expats or folks who stays in district 1.Digital more expensive than film? Well, depends on who you are, some digital folks charges $8k for AD wedding man.

  5. #25
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    WB problem? shoot RAW lah ... kekekekekeke ...
    That's what jsbn is talking about.


  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    That's what jsbn is talking about.
    oh yah, read too fast ... kekekeke ... too much speed reading liao

  7. #27
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wild wild west
    Posts
    610

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    That's what jsbn is talking about.
    Hehe ..... if WB all wrong .... then print out all the prints into Black n White lor ...
    and tell the couples, you 'purposely' take in black n white to create the mood lor ...

    Cos i know a very famous female professional photographer, who shoot a ROM, and 'forget' to on her flashlight, ... therefore all the pic are at least under by 3-4 stops ... but she told her clients, she purposely took them gainny and dark dark , ... yet that couples still happliy show off the photo around

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1 Dalvey Road
    Posts
    474

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    hehehe... which hotel u covering? My friend oso getting married tomorrow me bringing my cam along although he din request. Scarly its u!

    Gallery Hotel@ Robertson Quey,
    u the one with 1DsMKII?

    jude

    ps- can't find 1 roll of film at the end of the day
    lucky thing its the unused roll

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    Gallery Hotel@ Robertson Quey,
    u the one with 1DsMKII?

    jude

    ps- can't find 1 roll of film at the end of the day
    lucky thing its the unused roll
    No lah... Me no money for 1DsMkII yet....

    I was at Marriot in the morning. Got at least 4 CSers. 2 frm the Dark Side, Official photographer & myself frm the Light Side.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  10. #30
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    Gallery Hotel@ Robertson Quey,
    u the one with 1DsMKII?

    jude

    ps- can't find 1 roll of film at the end of the day
    lucky thing its the unused roll
    How can you lost a roll of film?

    I got a tip for you to label and keep track of film on the go.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    yes. a dying role

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    I think its the same as vinyl LPs. When cassette came out, some people stick to vinyl and others moved on to walkmans... then CD came out... now vinyls are rare and expensive.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    I think its the same as vinyl LPs. When cassette came out, some people stick to vinyl and others moved on to walkmans... then CD came out... now vinyls are rare and expensive.
    and then MP3 also came out...

  14. #34

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Yes, Film is Still Alive and Kicking.

    For commercial reasons, will shoot in Digital.

    But Film offers '3 dimensional quality' in a mono-vision ouput, and it will betterment your Visualisation skill.

    Why ? ... As of Today, whatever Digital & Sensor technology have leap-frogged, it's still can't address the issue of Dynamic Range (D-Max Factor), and exposure latitude, Tonality as what Film could possibly offers, or better.

    However, having said that, Digitial Work-flow and the total control of the whole process of the image creations, is an attactive notion One couldn't refuse -- provided you are into Digital Post-productions and see it as a challenge and an expanded opportunity, rather than a chore -- which may equate to an endless and mindless works ( for some ).

    Anyway, to each his own.

    Last edited by Enchanted; 3rd October 2005 at 11:25 AM.

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    and then MP3 also came out...
    and in future, portable DVD-MTV (optional KTV)... just a matter of time...

  16. #36
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teo
    Digital wedding photography is getting very popular, is film a dying trend?
    Wondering how much the wedding couple apprecaite film quality or just follow the trend and technolgy to opt for digital instead?
    Depends on photographer... I was shooting a wedding video when I met this female photographer who felt very strongly that film is far superior and professional. And that Digital Photographers are not so pro...




    My video kamera is digital wan lei... My photo kamera also digital wan lei...

  17. #37

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    I don't think the vast majority of couples know the difference between digital and film, they are only concerned about whether the photographer has a good portfolio, and whether the package is affordable.

    It's only CSers who worry about film or digital. Wedding couples worry about ang pows and expenses only.

    Hence, the choice of film vs digital is immaterial. What is more important is whether you can get the customer, and whether you can make a profit. If you like to do your own post-processing, do digital. If you like the lab to do the processing, and you can move on to the next shoot, do film.

    Wai Leong
    ===
    Quote Originally Posted by Teo
    Digital wedding photography is getting very popular, is film a dying trend?
    Wondering how much the wedding couple apprecaite film quality or just follow the trend and technolgy to opt for digital instead?

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    683

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    i think in a way those who can optimise the potential of digital photography has made some wedding more exciting, imagine being able to share moments of the AD daytime ceremonies during the dinner on a big projection screen
    Someone already doing that liao. I think with digital is a whole new world of posibilities.

  19. #39
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by arampan
    Depends on photographer... I was shooting a wedding video when I met this female photographer who felt very strongly that film is far superior and professional. And that Digital Photographers are not so pro...

    My video kamera is digital wan lei... My photo kamera also digital wan lei...
    If you happen to meet her in future, ask her this question again.. see how long is she going to stay put in film.. one year, two years or disappear?

  20. #40
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Is Film Wedding Photography A Dying Trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    Hehe ..... if WB all wrong .... then print out all the prints into Black n White lor ...
    and tell the couples, you 'purposely' take in black n white to create the mood lor ...

    Cos i know a very famous female professional photographer, who shoot a ROM, and 'forget' to on her flashlight, ... therefore all the pic are at least under by 3-4 stops ... but she told her clients, she purposely took them gainny and dark dark , ... yet that couples still happliy show off the photo around
    Only a few famous female professional photographers around, you are not talking about yourself right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •