Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very few flags flying

Default Re: Very few flags flying

Quote Originally Posted by Chillibomber View Post
    See many cars flying flags leh
    Those are the ones who benefited the most from the GDP growth.. At least they could afford the car and the COE.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Sorry i'm too busy working to pay off my 30-yr loan for my flat. No time to do this rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamypoko View Post
    Let me know which country you don't have to take a loan to pay off a housing purchase.
    He sounds Singaporean... complaining... lol

Yeah what country ?
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    He sounds Singaporean... complaining... lol

Yeah what country ?
    Bro Dfive, i'm really too busy lah, not complaining.

Like you all, i come this kopitiam wonderland to relac one corner.
    But after i and ALL OF YOU together have to go out into the real world.

Then that $50k COV you paid is real money. That is 1/3 of your CPF minimum sum.
    When interest rates go up, that additional $XXX more every mth you all pay for your loan is also real money.

When you pay your taxes, see that gap between the amount you earn last year and increment in your savings. Then think where did that money go. That gap is also real.

Bro Dfive, i'm really too busy lah, not complaining.

Like you all, i come this kopitiam wonderland to relac one corner.
    But after i and ALL OF YOU together have to go out into the real world.

Then that $50k COV you paid is real money. That is 1/3 of your CPF minimum sum.
    When interest rates go up, that additional $XXX more every mth you all pay for your loan is also real money.

When you pay your taxes, see that gap between the amount you earn last year and increment in your savings. Then think where did that money go. That gap is also real.

Or see this Kopi
    http://singapore.coconuts.co/2015/07...ter-video-goes
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Blog Entries

Looks like Ah Tiong xmm mixed rice stall got no business ........ hence she doing it to pass time ......also helping boss to save on ingredients by contributing her bits. ....
    Last edited by Zenten; 28th July 2015 at 07:32 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Chillibomber View Post
    See many cars flying flags leh
    They are taxi cabs.

Taxi cabs have to fly flags to celebrate because of regulations.

It makes taxi drivers feel like ministers with flags in front of their cars.

Lots of Taxi drivers are very angry with the government because of Uber and those apps reducing their rice potion by as much as 1/3. What will be the impact coming September?
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Lots of Taxi drivers are very angry with the government because of Uber and those apps reducing their rice potion by as much as 1/3. What will be the impact coming September?
    Ya, I heard this sentiment too.

Lots of commuters quite happy bcoz they get to save a bit and also easier to get to their destination.

Happy consumers vs angry providers. Which one in bigger numbers and more impact?

Bro Dfive sho naughty, make fun of me. Ho ho ho.

Anyway, lets all look forward to the SG50 interest rate rise!
    Lets celebrate this festive time with all the poor debtors whose spending power are getting eroded!

And lets look out for special SG50 discounts from retailers who are desperate for business because consumers can't spend!
    I mean, have you seen the dismal data put out by retail REITs since 2010? Ho ho ho. They can surely do with some SG50 sale!
    Must support them! Buy more cameras! Provided, of course, if you have savings to spare.

As long as taxis can rush down the road with green light on ignoring waving customers there is not enough competition.
    EOS

Or call taxi hotline or use taxi app to book taxi but none available for 30mins.. esp during bad weather etc..

....Buy more cameras! Provided, of course, if you have savings to spare.
    If you don't buy for yourself.

Wife will buy for you.

She spends savings for you.

Of the 5.5m population in Singapore, 1m++ are foreign workers; and 2m are PRs and new citizens (converted from other citizenships), it is of no surprise that the no. of households hanging Singapore flag is low.

Gentle reminder, CPF min sum is upped again.
    Please keep your head down and work hard.

1. To those of you shelling out $1k+ for your loans, when you look at your bill and feel pain, remember Sg will always be behind you! But just remember to pay your damn loan.

2. To those not in debt, remember to monitor how much you save. If you feel you are not saving enough, you are still probably better than the bottom 30% of income earners, who can't save anything at all. And yes, if you haven't bought your housing, you will eventually end up in (1).

Gentle reminder, CPF min sum is upped again.
    Please keep your head down and work hard.

1. To those of you shelling out $1k+ for your loans, when you look at your bill and feel pain, remember Sg will always be behind you! But just remember to pay your damn loan.

2. To those not in debt, remember to monitor how much you save. If you feel you are not saving enough, you are still probably better than the bottom 30% of income earners, who can't save anything at all. And yes, if you haven't bought your housing, you will eventually end up in (1).
    dont know y ppl are so upset abt our CPF system. Its the best system in the world

Considering that you are using your own cpf $ to buy your hdb flat.. then you have to pay interest using your own $$ in the first place.. I should be "smiling"

There are 2 schools of thoughts. One supported CPF scheme while the other opposed to it. There will no clear winner at the end of the day. You can argue or debate for the whole day until the cow comes home.

The government has listened to some of the opposed voices so they have twisted a little bit of the CPF scheme recently.

Just remember that Singapore will never be a welfare state, so CPF will stay firm.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlio View Post
    Considering that you are using your own cpf $ to buy your hdb flat.. then you have to pay interest using your own $$ in the first place.. I should be "smiling"
    Of coz its all right to pay interests.

The govt is paying YOU interests for the money in your CPF account. So if u wan to use the money, it makes sense for u to pay the interests back.

If u expect not to pay back interests when u use the money, then CPF is not fulfilling its primary objective of a retirement system.

You want everything and eat the cake too? Where got such thing?

Be glad that our lives in SG are not like these people in the news.
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...i/2052732.html

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    dont know y ppl are so upset abt our CPF system. Its the best system in the world
    I have to strongly disagree with you bro.
    CPF is at most the 2nd best system in the world.
    The 1st bestest system is a policy called Asset Enhancement Policy!
    Logically speaking, why pay $200+k for a 4 room when you can pay $400+k, right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast