View Poll Results: Whom would u give ur seat up to?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old man. He's gonna die soon, so let him have a break.

    1 3.33%
  • Pregnant woman. Cos if she miscarries, u gonna be responsible for the loss of 2 lives.

    18 60.00%
  • Man with a cast. He's pretty unlucky. Cut him some slack.

    1 3.33%
  • Blind Man.

    2 6.67%
  • Get up, give ur seat away and tell the WWE wrestler beside you off and get killed

    4 13.33%
  • None. Cos I'm busy trying to be sleepy.

    4 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    These ppl in front of you:

    Person 1
    An old man, bent over, holding onto his walking stick and the grab bar with very little hair and looks as if he's gonna have a heart attack and croak any minute the moment the train jerks.

    Person 2
    A pregnant lady, thin and petite, her womb so swollen that you swear that her baby's gonna drop out between her legs the moment the train jerks or she'll suffer a miscarriage if she just trips.

    Person 3
    A middle-aged fella, very thin to the point of being almost an aneroxic, with his leg in thick plaster cast, one hand holding to his clutch and one hand on the overhead grab bar with all his strength.

    Person 4
    A blind man with his tapping stick.

    These 4 ppl are standing side-by-side, in front of you. You look around and ppl are all 'dozing' or very busy. None of them seems to be willing to stand up. And they have the look of 'tell me to stand up and I'll eat u up' with their body size equivalent to that of a WWE wrestler.

    Who would u give ur seat up to?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  2. #2

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    all of them have needs la...for me....i dun like to tink to far...i juz stand ... then up to them to decide who should sit....

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    NOT AGAIN!!!

    okie my style now....

    i'll get the old man to bend over, the pregnant lady to kneel, the middle aged fella clutching in, and the blind man do a tap dance.. while i sit down & enjoy the performance... hows that... dun think u wan me to elaborate the details would u?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    None. If they know they are sort of 'handicapped' in anyways, they can always take taxis. I don't see why they need to come onto the train and expect people to give up seats and/or look pitiful.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    NOT AGAIN!!!

    okie my style now....

    i'll get the old man to bend over, the pregnant lady to kneel, the middle aged fella clutching in, and the blind man do a tap dance.. while i sit down & enjoy the performance... hows that... dun think u wan me to elaborate the details would u?
    Hahahahaha..........

    The best answer.

    also ask the westler looking chap to have a westling match and you and i can place a bet.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    None. If they know they are sort of 'handicapped' in anyways, they can always take taxis. I don't see why they need to come onto the train and expect people to give up seats and/or look pitiful.
    I don't think they expect pity and everyone to give up their seats. Not everyone can afford to take taxis all the time too.

    The question is what would you do, if you have the compassion to help those in greater need than you, and not why they are in the train in the first place. Anyway, we are all encouraged to take the public transport system, and face it, Singapore is not exactly the most handicapped/family friendly place.

    Of course, unless you are in worse shape than them, then really no need to give up seats lah.

  7. #7

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    let's see....

    dying old man - ask him sit on floor....in case he conk off just need to topple over to lying down position

    man-in-cast - ask him sit on floor - he ain't gonna move much anyway

    blind man - ask him sit on floor - also not going anywhere

    preg lady - give her the seat. hard for her to sit on floor


  8. #8
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    These ppl in front of you:

    Person 1
    An old man, bent over, holding onto his walking stick and the grab bar with very little hair and looks as if he's gonna have a heart attack and croak any minute the moment the train jerks.

    Person 2
    A pregnant lady, thin and petite, her womb so swollen that you swear that her baby's gonna drop out between her legs the moment the train jerks or she'll suffer a miscarriage if she just trips.

    Person 3
    A middle-aged fella, very thin to the point of being almost an aneroxic, with his leg in thick plaster cast, one hand holding to his clutch and one hand on the overhead grab bar with all his strength.

    Person 4
    A blind man with his tapping stick.

    These 4 ppl are standing side-by-side, in front of you. You look around and ppl are all 'dozing' or very busy. None of them seems to be willing to stand up. And they have the look of 'tell me to stand up and I'll eat u up' with their body size equivalent to that of a WWE wrestler.

    Who would u give ur seat up to?

    How did the blind man get onto the train in the first place??
    eat. drink. shoot

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    How did the blind man get onto the train in the first place??
    Erm... he needs to go somewhere and asked someone for help and the fella dumped him inside the train and ran off?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    *edit*
    Last edited by Terence; 30th September 2005 at 02:00 PM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Erm... he needs to go somewhere and asked someone for help and the fella dumped him inside the train and ran off?
    Ingenious thoughts you have...lol!!
    eat. drink. shoot

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Pregnant woman. I think I'm growing up feminist.

    BUT. I'll also poke the people left right centre to make them wake up. I'll glare at them and notion at the people who need the seats more. If they dare to go back to sleep, I'll purposely stamp on their foot when I walk past them, and say oops sorry. That will make them really injured and therefore, it'll justify their need of the seat.

    Thank goodness I'll never have to make this decision in real life.

  13. #13
    Member Papilio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Central Singapore
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    How did the blind man get onto the train in the first place??
    Our MRT stations are visually-handicapped friendly. Have you ever realised what those strange stainless steel raised dots and dashes on the floor are? Those are tactile devices which allow a blind man with a walking stick to find their way around the station and onto the trains on their own.

  14. #14

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    preg lady - give her the seat. hard for her to sit on floor


    When U have sh!t in your large intestines, and want to use the toilet, but someone is inside. Would you rather sit or stand?


    .

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Katong
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    I dun quite get what message u are trying to put across... what has standing and sitting got to do with waiting to defecate.?

  16. #16

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    When U have sh!t in your large intestines, and want to use the toilet, but someone is inside. Would you rather sit or stand?


    .
    look for another toilet lor

  17. #17

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Pregnant woman. I think I'm growing up feminist.

    BUT. I'll also poke the people left right centre to make them wake up. I'll glare at them and notion at the people who need the seats more. If they dare to go back to sleep, I'll purposely stamp on their foot when I walk past them, and say oops sorry. That will make them really injured and therefore, it'll justify their need of the seat.

    Thank goodness I'll never have to make this decision in real life.


    women nowadays....

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    look for another toilet lor
    There are times when ur stomach juz can't wait and there is only so much tension in ur lower half's muscles to hold back a 1kg load peeking out.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs


    women nowadays....
    I smell kerosene man.... Let's hope there ain't no spark....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  20. #20

    Default Re: [Lets up the Ante] You are on the MRT sitting down and u saw....

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    None. If they know they are sort of 'handicapped' in anyways, they can always take taxis. I don't see why they need to come onto the train and expect people to give up seats and/or look pitiful.
    Eh... not everyone can afford to take taxi wherever they go brother

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •