Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Size of Drycabinet??

Default Re: Size of Drycabinet??

haha! this sounds stupid and doubt if it contributes anything....
    i just buy the biggest one i could afford... cause a dry cabinet comes in handy for keeping alot of things... from head phones, tea leaves, electronics and also my photography equipment... sort of my cabinet to keep everything inside (:

Quote Originally Posted by unclejosh View Post
    haha! this sounds stupid and doubt if it contributes anything....
    i just buy the biggest one i could afford... cause a dry cabinet comes in handy for keeping alot of things... from head phones, tea leaves, electronics and also my photography equipment... sort of my cabinet to keep everything inside (:
    Stupid? I went from 30+ litres to 80litres to now 120litres and almost pack. Whenever I get a new unit,I always thought that the new one with 30% more space is sufficient for me, hence 3 sizes within 6 years. In the end I think I spent more than necessarily. I also used the dry cab to keep backup images DVDs, the manuals in prime condition (in case I need to sell off the cam or lenses) etc...therefore, taking up more spaces.
    What I really missed most, is my first SLR. An Olympus OM2 with the Zuiko 35mm f/1.4, back in 1982!

Quote Originally Posted by MacroMarlin View Post
    Stupid? I went from 30+ litres to 80litres to now 120litres and almost pack. Whenever I get a new unit,I always thought that the new one with 30% more space is sufficient for me, hence 3 sizes within 6 years. In the end I think I spent more than necessarily. I also used the dry cab to keep backup images DVDs, the manuals in prime condition (in case I need to sell off the cam or lenses) etc...therefore, taking up more spaces.
    have you consider getting an electrical dehumidifier running in your storeroom, installing gasket around and between the door and door frame and changing the handle to one that fully tighten the door? This way you get a "dry box" for all your needs. I'm considering doing one for my house since the existing storage door is already air tight
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    have you consider getting an electrical dehumidifier running in your storeroom, installing gasket around and between the door and door frame and changing the handle to one that fully tighten the door? This way you get a "dry box" for all your needs. I'm considering doing one for my house since the existing storage door is already air tight

Mine's a bomb shelter, cannot meddle with the 2 air vent (ahem!). Actually did thought of 2 x 400 litres for my reference books as well, still thinking.
    What I really missed most, is my first SLR. An Olympus OM2 with the Zuiko 35mm f/1.4, back in 1982!

Electrical dehumidifiers use 100s of watts and sometimes are noisy and you also need to empty the condensed water regularly. Used to hv one to protect musical instruments.
    Canon 60D / 50mm F1.8 II / 40mm 2.8 STM / 75-300mm III

Blog Entries

Just get a larger one. More space to spread out your gear, easier access and more riom for future purchases.

I'll say get a 80L.

U do have a bit of equipment , prep some room for further growth. Buy once buy right.

Agree with Mod DD123 and Mod KW

buy the biggest cabinet that you can afford, so you don't have to play Sokoban every time you want to take out a lens or body.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

glad i'm not the only crazy person~
    hahahah~ then again, i don't have that many equipments to store now... (:

but with the humidity level here... it is advisable to keep whatever you've in a humid controlled environment... (:
    technically ANYTHING you buy.... hahaha~ so having a room with controlled humidity is good~ pillows, books, certificates, old photos, food.... hahaha... everything~!!!

Hi all!

Thanks for your replies! I'll save up and get a bigger capacity one once allowance/pay comes in

Quote Originally Posted by benfires View Post
    Hi all!

Thanks for your replies! I'll save up and get a bigger capacity one once allowance/pay comes in
    ain't you support to receive your GST voucher a few days ago?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    ain't you support to receive your GST voucher a few days ago?
    I wish man. About to enlist for NS in a few days, you think got GST voucher? Since when they so generous one?

Blog Entries

buy the largest u can afford
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

lenses don't take much space when packed tightly.

get a carton box n do a trial run. u will an idea how much space you need.

Empty extra space is a funny thing, it just get filled up in no time.
    The less u hv the better

Actually, it doesn't need to be too big... I have only 1 digicab that is about 30L I think.

I have:
    Nikon D750
    Nikon D7000

Nikon AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8
    Nikon AF-S 35mm f/1.8G DX
    Nikon AF 300mm f/4

Sigma AF 85mm f/1.4

All inside there.

And a bunch of other small stuff.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12