Thread: Contact lens question during travelling

Default Contact lens question during travelling

Hi...may I know if its all right to wear contact lens in dry cold climates where the temperature is around 0 to 10 degree celcius? Or like in places where its almost snowing?

I asked the optician and there say in places with snow best is not to...in palces where its dry adn old (0 to 10 degrees) it also better not to although it depends on the individual's own....eye.....how moist it is etc...

Going to Yunnan in Nov and wonder if I will have any problems with my contacts...

Anyone had such problems with contact lens in cold climates?

Default Re: Contact lens question during travelling

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Hi...may I know if its all right to wear contact lens in dry cold climates where the temperature is around 0 to 10 degree celcius? Or like in places where its almost snowing?

I asked the optician and there say in places with snow best is not to...in palces where its dry adn old (0 to 10 degrees) it also better not to although it depends on the individual's own....eye.....how moist it is etc...

Going to Yunnan in Nov and wonder if I will have any problems with my contacts...

Still got time
    do Lasik lor then no problem

listen to the optician.. imagine if the contact lens got stucked..
    better be safe dan sorry.. bring/wear ur spectacles for ur trip...

Quote Originally Posted by PCYL
    Still got time
    do Lasik lor then no problem
    Aiyah not possible to do that cos not enough money haha...but seriously...wonder if that will be a problem...cos I am thinking if contacts in cold climates are a problem then nobody in cold climates...lets say Korea in winter...wears contact lens???

Your eyes will dry up quickly under low temperatures, just carry along a small bottle of eye drops (for contact lenses wearer one hor) will do.
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Your eyes will dry up quickly under low temperatures, just carry along a small bottle of eye drops (for contact lenses wearer one hor) will do.
    Oh you mean got eye drops for those contact lens? I tot will be using those for sore eyes...

Oh you mean got eye drops for those contact lens? I tot will be using those for sore eyes...
    Just go to watsons/guardian and search under the eye drops sections
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

i havent had problems with my contacts in those temperatures... at tht kind of temp, i'm more worried abt not enough warm clothing. mebbe u can get a pair of continuous wear contacts (purevision or night and day) for the trip. can sleep with them oso.

giving you advice from a person who stays in weather that is like -20C
    your own eye tears will lubricate your eyeballs so there is absolutely NO PROBLEM
    everytime you blink, the contacts get wet again.
    the eyedrops people are talking about are acutally saline solution.
    its to lubricate the contacts when its dry.
    its NOT the medicated eyedrops.

all the best in your winter trip

Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    giving you advice from a person who stays in weather that is like -20C
    your own eye tears will lubricate your eyeballs so there is absolutely NO PROBLEM
    everytime you blink, the contacts get wet again.
    the eyedrops people are talking about are acutally saline solution.
    its to lubricate the contacts when its dry.
    its NOT the medicated eyedrops.

all the best in your winter trip
    OH my GOD! -20 degree Celsius??? So the humidity must be very dry also? Dont think its the coldness...more like the humidity affecting the drying?

W.S.......thats a very good suggestion thank you...never tot of it...tried those Acuvue soft disposal lens and they are very comfortable...dont feel like you are wearing anything on your eyes...

An optician is not a doctor, fyi.
    Last few winters I went to Hokkaido Japan, Yunnan China, Toronto Canada, temperature lowest is -20 degree, humidity (I guess) lowest is 40-50%, indoor all had powerful heater (dry up your eyes), outdoor freezing cold (ears no more feeling), my contact lens survived, but eyes feel very dry, so some kind of eyedrops would come in handy.