Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Wedding photogs : How to alleviate wrist and fingers strain.

Default Re: For Wedding photogs : How to alleviate wrist and fingers strain.

Hi 2100,
    Been very busy shooting during this month. Anyway I will not try to shoot wedding more than three days in a row, small shoots are fine.

Hi xxxger,
    You are a girl or a man? 7 weddings in a row? You vary can leh! Win liao lor. Btw, who says I use vertical grip to shoot vertical only?

Hi reachme2003,
    The vertical grip is to provide me a better grip to the camera only, even when I shoot vertical shots, I just still using the normal holding position and just rotate the camera.

When I using D70, only have four fingers to grip the camera, to use it for long hours, sure my hand will get fatigue easily. If with heavy set up, sure will injure fingers again.

You can get the original Nikon hand strap AH-4, which enable you to mount the camera on the tripod, but this hand strap is not cheap, about $100+, you also can borrow a third party vertical grip for D70 to try, see whether it will provide you a better grip to you camera.

Another tip is try not to keep long finger nails, so you may have better grips to you camera.

Btw, a good camera strap also helps, so you donít have to keep holding your camera all the time.

Hope this help.

Lightbulb Re: For Wedding photogs : How to alleviate wrist and fingers strain.

looks like the good old strap may be the answer. let it hang over your shoulder or neck when not in 'ready to shoot' mode. free your hands to do some stretching exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    simple

use a neckstrap or put it down on the floor

shake it baby shake it.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Yup....already changed the neckstrap to a better one. But yeah, i have a bad habit of always wanting to hold on to the cam so as not to miss any shots....even though the slight is always over my neck. Now I just have to remember not to always hold on to the cam.

Hmm....maybe next time must include warm-up routine for the fingers before and in between? Might help too.

Thanks for all the tips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12