Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Ugly Hong Konger ......(long-winded story)

Default An Ugly Hong Konger ......(long-winded story)

there were 7 of us at Paulaner Brahaus (?) last nite enjoying the in-house brewed beer and Oktoberfest band from Munich.

Next to me were a Belgian, a Romanian, Malaysian, English, Singaporeans and this guy from HKG (friend of 1 of the locals). Apart from me being an ikan-bilis, these chaps were SVPs/MDs working in MNCs. All in their 40-50s.

This guy from HKG (he called himself Greg - a very 'ang-mo' name). Anyway, he was late and he introduced himself as " Greg, I'm a British/Canadian." As if we care.....
    One of us asked him why he intro himself this way and asked him where he was born.
    He evaded that question. We started to probe him as he still had that typical Hong Kong accent and we wanted some fun. Oh yes, he's working as a Chief Credit Officer in a foreign bank.

His responses as follow:
    - do you know that I'm a banana?
    - do you know what a banana is?
    - you see, I'm yellow on the outside but white inside.....
    * oh ya, big deal *
    We asked again: C'mon tell us, where were you born?
    He said rather sheepishly:
    - I was borned in HKG but to tell you the truth, I was borned in the WRONG country!
    * man, this guy has a complex or what?*
    Anyway, he started to be offensive and changed topic:
    - actually, I have been working in Singapore for many years and I was even given a PR but to ask me to be a S'pore citizen; no way! I dont want to give up my British/Canadian citizenship.
    * Then he directed at us Singaporeans *
    - You people depend on us foreign-talents to develop your country. Without us, you all would still be fisher-men!

Wa lau, at this stage, I nearly wanted to punch his face .....damn jerk, work here and then insult us in the face!
    If not for the non-violent streak in me, Hong Kong would have 1 less ungrateful son.
    The rest of the locals were just too shocked to respond

Up till this morning, I'm still fuming over his remarks.

He's one ugly human being; not just a Hong Konger!
    Last edited by peppercrab1; 29th September 2005 at 10:37 AM.

Default Re: An Ugly Hong Konger ......(long-winded story)

hey.. i was there on tues night!!!!

what a yellow banana... slap him right down!!!

Well, I have to say that outside of Spore, we do hear unpleasent things. Once a foreigner remarked that Spore is like a doormat... you get welcomed in and treated with royalty... reap the benefits and then move on...

Sometimes you gotta wonder if some of the foreign talents are here becoz they CMI in their home country.

But of course there are the really good ones too.... its not a blanket statement.

Quote Originally Posted by peppercrab1
    there were 7 of us at Paulaner Brahaus (?) last nite enjoying the in-house brewed beer and Oktoberfest band from Munich.

Next to me were a Belgian, a Romanian, Malaysian, English, Singaporeans and this guy from HKG (friend of 1 of the locals). Apart from me being an ikan-bilis, these chaps were SVPs/MDs working in MNCs. All in their 40-50s.

This guy from HKG (he called himself Greg - a very 'ang-mo' name). Anyway, he was late and he introduced himself as " Greg, I'm a British/Canadian." As if we care.....
    One of us asked him why he intro himself this way and asked him where he was born.
    He evaded that question. We started to probe him as he still had that typical Hong Kong accent and we wanted some fun. Oh yes, he's working as a Chief Credit Officer in a foreign bank.

His responses as follow:
    * oh ya, big deal *
    - I was borned in HKG but to tell you the truth, I was borned in the WRONG country!
    - actually, I have been working in Singapore for many years and I was even given a PR but to ask me to be a S'pore citizen; no way! I dont want to give up my British/Canadian citizenship.
    - You people depend on us foreign-talents to develop your country. Without us, you all would still be fisher-men!

Wa lau, at this stage, I nearly wanted to punch his face .....damn jerk, work here and then insult us in the face!
    If not for the non-violent streak in me, Hong Kong would have 1 less ungrateful son.

Just tell him...

"WITHOUT SINGAPORE, U ARE A NOTHING IN UR OWN COUNTRY OF BIRTH."

Hate idiots like dis. Its fortunate that guns are outlawed in this country or I would have turned him into swiss cheese with 1 shotgun blast... :
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Ah... about banana. I once told someone its the skin which is yellow that you will slip over, so be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Just tell him...

"WITHOUT SINGAPORE, U ARE A NOTHING IN UR OWN COUNTRY OF BIRTH."

Hate idiots like dis. Its fortunate that guns are outlawed in this country or I would have turned him into swiss cheese with 1 shotgun blast... :
    Make that a British/Canadian cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    Ah... about banana. I once told someone its the skin which is yellow that you will slip over, so be careful.
    Place it where it belongs.... In the rubbish bin.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Be careful everyone! I am a banananana!.........

And I was born below the red dot.........

HS

I never been to HK before,
    izzit true tt over there, they scold everyone everytime?

Or maybe it's coz of their tone when speaking...

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    I never been to HK before,
    izzit true tt over there, they scold everyone everytime?

Or maybe it's coz of their tone when speaking...
    at least one must be sensitive to the people's feelings....esp when you are in a foreign land.

really, this is one guy who has severe inferiority complex about his race & nationality. It's people like him that we asians find it difficult to shed our colonial past. He's ashamed of where he was borned and his skin.

Anyway, there are good & bad bananas and a banana will always remain a banana.....cannot become an apple or orange right?

Really, regretted not punching him......wonder if there's a 2nd chance......a real preek-head!
    Last edited by peppercrab1; 29th September 2005 at 11:55 AM.

HAHAHA.... I met 1 canadian chinese... born in HKG and then mum and dad migrated to canada before 1997..... he also talk like that.... but then I meaner.... I said.... "ohhhh so you mainland chinese har.... no wonder your accent so familiar..."

PS.... no offense to our mainland chinese friends over here.... its just that some pple from HKG dun like to be associated with mainland chinese..... dun know why also...
    Last edited by idor; 29th September 2005 at 12:02 PM.

Personally, I can't stand, and don't like to be around, asians who like to think themselves as caucasians or caucasian-wannabes.

I wonder where they get this asian-bad, ang mo-superior mentality from.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    Personally, I can't stand, and don't like to be around, asians who like to think themselves as caucasians or caucasian-wannabes.

I wonder where they get this asian-bad, ang mo-superior mentality from.
    I think its from the fact of our colonial times where whites are always valued higher than asian.... so that mentality is burnt into our brains...

i married a Canadian Chinese but he's nothing like that
    he's what i called bananaman

not everyone is like that.. sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    not everyone is like that.. sheesh
    agree....not all hong kongers & ang-mos are deek-heads.

Ugly personalities is a culture by itself and is universal.

I was just upset with this particular clown from HKG , that's all. If that's what foreign talents think of us then it's a sad day for Singapore.

Recommend u all a documentary:

Journey of Man, by Nat Geo.

We all came from Africa 5o,ooo yrs ago.

so every country have their fair share of 'quitters'?

i wonder if he was drunk when he got aggressive

so dr. mahathir is right. physical occupation of a country is no longer needed, the colonisation of minds is already real and present.

agree....not all hong kongers & ang-mos are deek-heads.

Ugly personalities is a culture by itself and is universal.

I was just upset with this particular clown from HKG , that's all. If that's what foreign talents think of us then it's a sad day for Singapore.
    bound to have black sheeps everywhere.. dont take it too hard.

i think he's in the wrong professionism and he should have been a clown like what you said.

and Its kind of irritating when you hear people trying to fake ang moh/hip hop accents or slangs..i got a quite a number of them in my school....

His responses as follow:
    * oh ya, big deal *

f%&* him up and down !side to side.when ur done pass him to me!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast