Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Ms S'pore World Grand Final

Default Re: Ms S'pore World Grand Final

Hot issues. keep the numbers going.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

It seems that it's a really hot event!!! Quick! Sign Up! Sign Up! Sign Up! Pay! Pay! Pay!

1 more.....

$120 very expensive is it?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    $120 very expensive is it?

lol

what do you know?
    do you make a living taking photograph?

it is not a lot of money but in the long run... what type of effect is it going to have.
    i know you are commenting tongue in cheek, but i am still commenting on your reply because this is a serious issue for many budding photographer.... i am already past this stage but i remember my humble begining shooting events.

undercutting is bad enuff, now we have exploitation.
    so if you comment is to be non-chalant, i suggest you keep it to yourself.

The big questions here still remain unanswered:

1. For this price - do you get to shoot or just watch?

2. Who gets the money, the thread-starter or the Breast Cancer Foundation?

We have struggled all day to get two simple answers. Will the real Mr. Flash Light please stand up? Don't wanna lose a good night's sleep..

Will noobie's sign up???
    Will contractor "dian hui" get the dough??
    Will Ms Spore be shot by noobie's photogs (geee.... I realised its not Miss Spore finals... its Ms Spore Finals!)???
    Or... will team Nikon take over all the $120 tickets and monopolize all the photos...!

Tune in tomorrow... same time... same channel....

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Will noobie's sign up???
    Will contractor "dian hui" get the dough??
    Will Ms Spore be shot by noobie's photogs (geee.... I realised its not Miss Spore finals... its Ms Spore Finals!)???
    Or... will team Nikon take over all the $120 tickets and monopolize all the photos...!

Tune in tomorrow... same time... same channel....
    wahhh haven't finish yet har.....

Deregistered

+3 before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    +3 before I sleep.
    +3 cos espn +3...

+ a few more

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    + a few more
    you + I dun + also cannot leh..... But I also contribute a little lah..... thread started dun wanna discuss liao.... so dun harass him lah....let my message be the last one lah....

Nope.... mine shall be the last one.

Default Implications, Complications & Landing Photographers In Legal Hot Soup

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    Have never heard of such things before, those interested better check with the org. first. From what I know, you do not own the full copyrights. The title "Miss Singapore World" is a registered trademark. Any usage of the images which in one way or another is link to this event have to be cleared by the org first. It's very much like shooting a MediaCorp artist, you can shoot, you can post on your personnal site ( as your personnal work ), or even here in CS. But if it is used by anyone ( either you sell the images or have been leeched ) the org. have every right to sue you for it. Not trying to bump the thread starter but I think it would be wise for CSers here to know what they're getting themself into.
    Actually something like this came to mind, but I wanted to see where this was leading first.

Just who are the Official Organisers anyway?

Did they give Black & White authorisation for such 'tickets' or places to be sold? If so, why was this not publicised? More importantly, and brought up by YQT, what are the legalities/restrictions etc involved?

From the looks of it, this doesn't seem to appear to be a simple case of opportunistic doings anymore, but could lead to something much more problemetic for the photographers who take up such an offer, and if so, would the offerer of this 'Ultimate Opportunity' bear the onus of responsibility should the photographers land in hot soup?

Perhaps a note to the official organisers with an appandage of the author's original post could clear matters up.

Could someone post up the name and contact of the Official Organiser(s) and perhaps someone here would take up that challenge of writing in. (Sorry, I really 'sua-ku' as I don't follow these type of shows so I don't know leh!)

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    + a few more
    + for the morning and 2nd time liao....

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Deregistered

+4 for the morning.

Hmm, I guess the moderators are really seeing where the thread is going. There are still some valid issues raised which had not been addressed. I guess the threadstarter is going to ignore this thread given the direction it's heading.

vince123123
    Guests

What happened to the CPC sign??? :P YOU all still plussing away :P

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    +4 for the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfrond
    nah they already hired official event photographers and videographers..

this guy is just selling off his tickets to make some extra cash since he is one of the sponsors and has been given some seats
    if thats really the case, then its really trying to "exploit" photogs already..

and he "closed" the thread without actually "closing" it too..

Default Re: Implications, Complications & Landing Photographers In Legal Hot Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau
    Could someone post up the name and contact of the Official Organiser(s) and perhaps someone here would take up that challenge of writing in. (Sorry, I really 'sua-ku' as I don't follow these type of shows so I don't know leh!)
    Help yourself.
    http://www.ermworld.org/spore/index.htm

Default Re: Implications, Complications & Landing Photographers In Legal Hot Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau
    Actually something like this came to mind, but I wanted to see where this was leading first.

Just who are the Official Organisers anyway?

Did they give Black & White authorisation for such 'tickets' or places to be sold? If so, why was this not publicised? More importantly, and brought up by YQT, what are the legalities/restrictions etc involved?

From the looks of it, this doesn't seem to appear to be a simple case of opportunistic doings anymore, but could lead to something much more problemetic for the photographers who take up such an offer, and if so, would the offerer of this 'Ultimate Opportunity' bear the onus of responsibility should the photographers land in hot soup?

Perhaps a note to the official organisers with an appandage of the author's original post could clear matters up.

done some checking with people in the know. Trust me, if you buy the tickets, you may not get to shoot. Understand that they do not like photographers shooting away. 1 or 2 shots with a P&S think they may close one eye. Shooting with a DSLR with a 80-200 f2.8, they'll get the security to stop you.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast