Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: need help with olympus c750UZ

  1. #1

    Default need help with olympus c750UZ

    hi

    recently purchased a olympus c750uz
    bought a kenko tcon and wcon lens and an olympus lens adaptor (downsizes the lens thread)
    however the image isnt sharp and there is lots of vignetting when i use the additional lens..
    is it due to the lens problem (lousy lens) or is it my camera problem?

    can anyone recommend me a good tcon and wcon and also a macro lens?
    or should i get a lens adaptor that upsizes?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: need help with olympus c750UZ

    The kenko lenses SUCKS, period. That should explain your image quality problem.

    You should use Olympus' add on lenses instead, such as the TCON-17, WCON-07 & WCON-08.
    Last edited by tao; 28th September 2005 at 07:40 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: need help with olympus c750UZ

    sigh
    yeah it really really sucks..
    when i zoom to the max the image isnt even sharp at all!
    it looks super out of focus.. sigh..

    is there an upsize lens adaptor for the c750uz?

    and is there an olympus macro lens?

    thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: need help with olympus c750UZ

    Quote Originally Posted by tao
    The kenko lenses SUCKS, period. That should explain your image quality problem.

    You should use Olympus' add on lenses instead, such as the TCON-17, WCON-07 & WCON-08.
    Agree with you on that bro. Go for the Olympus TCON & Wcon. No regrets man.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: need help with olympus c750UZ

    Quote Originally Posted by synergy9
    and is there an olympus macro lens?
    There is. The best I know is the Olympus MCON-35 but it is quite rare since it has been discontinued. IMO, it is one of the best macro add on lens available.

    You can also consider the Nikon 5T/6T, it is very good too. If you are on a budget, just get a Hoya +4 closeup filter with the right thread size that will fit your C750's lens tube.

    BTW, it is a 'secret' that Olympus makes the BEST family of add-on lenses for prosumer and super-zoom digicams. Optically, their lenses are as good as it gets for the money you pay.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: need help with olympus c750UZ

    Yeah...picture quality is good with the TCON-17.....however, at wide angles, vignetting is a very serious problem.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: need help with olympus c750UZ

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Yeah...picture quality is good with the TCON-17.....however, at wide angles, vignetting is a very serious problem.....
    Why do you wanna shoot wide angle when you attach a TELE-CONVERTOR to your camera? That is bewildering!

  8. #8

    Default Re: need help with olympus c750UZ

    Quote Originally Posted by synergy9
    hi

    recently purchased a olympus c750uz
    bought a kenko tcon and wcon lens and an olympus lens adaptor (downsizes the lens thread)
    however the image isnt sharp and there is lots of vignetting when i use the additional lens..
    is it due to the lens problem (lousy lens) or is it my camera problem?

    can anyone recommend me a good tcon and wcon and also a macro lens?
    or should i get a lens adaptor that upsizes?

    thanks
    wah.. 38-380mm equiv not enuff..

    fwiw, imho good tcon and wcon cost alot. esp WRT the camera... the extra width or reach also i feel cannot really justify the price...
    for closeup on the cheap, u can get those hoya close-up filter that let u focus nearly even when u zoom out...these are quite cheap and provide decent quality esp for the price...
    imo if u wanna buy tcon/wcon etc etc to play maybe more worth to use a slr system.. *hint *hint e-500 ...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •