Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyway to track down bad driver?

Red face Re: Anyway to track down bad driver?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    even if you can track them down, may i ask what do you intent to do with the information?
    Well, I guess in the mist of my anger, my thoughts revolved around doing horrible things to his ass and maybe his car... heehee..kidding.

Anyway, I suppose it's possible to make a police report and all that like what feryl described, but realistically, how practical is that? All that time and effort needed for something that has an uncertain outcome. Plus its his word against mine. Would you do that? I don't think I would, as much as I'd like to see that dodo's licence cut up. When you are busy with family and life (and not forgeting photography), its simply not worth the time.

I think I'm on the verge of seriously investing in one of those car camera blackbox things. I've seen them in some car mags in aust a few years ago but I'm not sure if they have it here.

Anyway, I guess the bottom line is that no one got hurt.

Default Re: Anyway to track down bad driver?

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Time to install hi rez vid cams on all the cars. Just like how they do it for the US patrol cars
    Just like one TV programme I watch on AXN every week...

There was once when I was on the ECP when this motorbike came zooming past my car at >150kmh???? (Maybe he feels he's safe bcos there's no way a police cruiser can match his speed in that short amount of time.. )
    eat. drink. shoot

It is not a simple case of his words against yours.

Firstly, there would be no reason for you to place his vehicle at that particular location, committing the stipulated offences, how did you manage to describe his vehicle if you don't know him in any case. Second, supposing there was an incident that led to a dispute, he would have to blow some sort of story, while you're telling the truth. The chinese term 'er ren xian gao juang' (the evil man will be the first to accuse) doesn't apply here. It's definitely easier to stand by the truth than by a fictitious story, esp if it's to be presented in court. Now, if his story is blown, it'd be false statement, which is jailable. If you stand by your truth, there shld be no similar problems. At most, he'll be acquitted based on lack of evidence. After all that cold sweat with the police and courts, he'll learn to drive safer next time.

However, consider whether you're actually angry enough to spend the time to do this. I have done this a number of times, even for parking offences.

Talking Re: Anyway to track down bad driver?

Quote Originally Posted by seng44
    Maybe you can post the car type (including color etc) and the plate numbers, so we can avoid the car when we see it on the road.
    Well, I donít think its quite right to post his car plate no here in a public forum.

But I will describe his car.

IIRC, I think it was a dark blue Lancer (or similar model) with dark colored sports rims; with a higher-than-normal metal-type black racing spoilers mounted on the boot. The rear windows were tinted darker than most, and his exhaust was one of those big loud types.

Apart from this, thereís not much distinguishing features. Soon after he suddenly cut right in front of me, I lost sight of the bugger behind a truck.

I hope he doesn't get a flat tyre soon..
    Last edited by Hobbesyeo; 29th September 2005 at 12:11 AM.

Sounds like an average day out on the ECP with ahbeng car leh. Just drive safe and don't speed. Even if they overtake, at least you can stop in time instead. My father never goes above 90 km/h in his whole life, unless in M'sia

Oh by the way, when you see his car plate number, I think he'd have overtaken you liaos. Who looks at the car plate number through rear view mirror?!?

Quote Originally Posted by itchy
    Sounds like an average day out on the ECP with ahbeng car leh. Just drive safe and don't speed. Even if they overtake, at least you can stop in time instead. My father never goes above 90 km/h in his whole life, unless in M'sia

Oh by the way, when you see his car plate number, I think he'd have overtaken you liaos. Who looks at the car plate number through rear view mirror?!?
    No lah.. when he cut in front of me, i had to break quite hard to avoid him. So we did get a look at his plate, altho briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    No lah.. when he cut in front of me, i had to break quite hard to avoid him. So we did get a look at his plate, altho briefly.
    well, at least ur "beng" is rich enough to own a Lancer...

i have my share last nite at PIE too...

this time its a old Charade.. this fellow is zooming in and out...

as predict as he will cut into my slow lane to over take another car, i slow down and let him in...

good luck to them...

sooner or later they will find a WRX or other cars with that RED + BLUE light on top of the roof waving at them..

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Ah it's just a normal day on the roads in Singapore. You will meet with this kind of drivers sooner or later. Just be glad that there is no major incident or injury. And please, those who suggested on keeping a fully charged camera in the car to record such incidents please be realistic. I keep one in my glove compartment. The problem is that these incidents usually happen suddenly and is over in a few seconds. How do you record that? Do you drive with one hand and a camera on the other always always on the lookout for such drivers? A camera is only good if there is an accident and you want to record the exact position of the cars involved before it is being moved. I had a photo of a reckless driver once and wanted to report it but was told that from the picture it is not possible to tell if the guy is speeding or overtaking recklessly. All it show is a picture of a car travelling along a highway. A video camera is another story altogether. But that would have to be mounted on the car and not hand held as recording a video while driving is dangerous.

By making a report, it will be your words against his. How the police want to decide? Look for another witness?

Also if drag him to court, you also need to attend. May kena grill like that case.

And real bengs never break out in cold sweat over the police or the courts. If "bengs" are like tat, I think no more crime in Singapore liao.

Just drive safely and be glad that nothing happen.

vince123123
    Guests

The question is the whether the police even takes up the case. I've written in to the TP on one issue and its has been two months and there's has been no substantive reply yet.

I've also heard of friends who make a report to the TP on clear reckless driving (one car totalled three cars sitting at the side of the road), and the TP told him to take up private prosecution or civil claims.

The problem with our police is that they appear unwilling to use their powers against what they consider to be minor offences and either say "its a civil case" or "take up private prosecution on your own".

Quote Originally Posted by dreamseeker
    By making a report, it will be your words against his. How the police want to decide? Look for another witness?

Also if drag him to court, you also need to attend. May kena grill like that case.

And real bengs never break out in cold sweat over the police or the courts. If "bengs" are like tat, I think no more crime in Singapore liao.

Just drive safely and be glad that nothing happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12