Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photography Brightened/Ruined my life!

Default Re: Photography Brightened/Ruined my life!

Quote Originally Posted by arampan
    This one is SERIOUS... So pay attention!!!

When you are a photographic hobby couple... A-hem!.. cough cough... Sooner or later you may... probably will, decide to shoot each other... nude... or other activities... PERFECTLY OK... unless you decide to break up... Ah... problem...

If you piss her off and she show photos to your new girlfriend... YOU DIE JIA LAT JIA LAT... Even worse... maybe post on clubsnap ! ! !

hahahahahah.... I think that is the one things alot of couple might not know and when it come back to bite you heheh.

Case in point...the Garment's opposition party member whoes name shall remain unknown heh.. When he had his spat with his wife and the wife thrown the dirty laundry out on his posing nude fetish, picture taking with the maid and public "artistic" nude shoots. heh.

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

I never shoot stuff like that on film and not even digital heheh...my worst fear is one day both die suddenly and when the family goes through our stuff in the room, they discover all this pictures or even toys!!! hahahah.... now that is a scary-you-need-to-change-your-underwear scenario.
    Last edited by sammy888; 28th September 2005 at 02:54 PM.

When you are a photographic hobby couple... A-hem!.. cough cough... Sooner or later you may... probably will, decide to shoot each other... nude... or other activities... PERFECTLY OK... unless you decide to break up... Ah... problem...

If you piss her off and she show photos to your new girlfriend... YOU DIE JIA LAT JIA LAT... Even worse... maybe post on clubsnap ! ! !
    And the CSers would download your photo and use it as screen background?

Quote Originally Posted by itchy
    It's been a bright road ahead so far for me. I am lucky in that my girlfriend was in the photography club as a film user) before I took up this hobby. She is also cute and pretty which makes it easy for me to look for model for portrait shots. Of late we have taken alot more photos and enjoy the pictures as much as I do taking them.

I've heard of horror stories though about relationships ending on a bad note because of neglect for the other half, spending excessive amounts on equipment and (ok i haven't heard of this one yet but I think it might happen) running off with the opposite sex with same passion for photography.

Care to share about what's the road been like for you and any tips for those out there obsessively hooked on this expensive hobby?
    Since you say photography is expensive and your GF is cute and pretty, why don't you make use of her to organise photo shoots and charge $60 per head?

If later break up, you've already made your money.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    hahahahahah.... I think that is the one things alot of couple might not know and when it come back to bite you heheh.

Case in point...the Garment's opposition party member whoes name shall remain unknown heh.. When he had his spat with his wife and the wife thrown the dirty laundry out on his posing nude fetish, picture taking with the maid and public "artistic" nude shoots. heh.

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

I never shoot stuff like that on film and not even digital heheh...my worst fear is one day both die suddenly and when the family goes through our stuff in the room, they discover all this pictures or even toys!!! hahahah.... now that is a scary-you-need-to-change-your-underwear scenario.
    saving face even in ur coffin?

Quote Originally Posted by benny
    I've tried to give up photography a few times, but always came back to it. There's just something about it. I've never gone back with a girl after a relationship has ended though.....

Cheers,
    You would have gone back to her if her name was Olympus or Minolta?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    Who cares if you are dead??? Not your problem anymore.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Why worry, she post pics on CS, he post pics on CS ...

as far as new GF, if new GF has a problem, well, well, maybe should not become new GF.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet

How about giving a heart attack to your parents or inlaw if they are still around heheheh....

Account Suspended

Why worry, she post pics on CS, he post pics on CS ...

as far as new GF, if new GF has a problem, well, well, maybe should not become new GF.
    Must imagine more... what if friends and family also on clubsnap... and the photos of you include many additional toys, props and costume...

Sure worry wan

Must imagine more... what if friends and family also on clubsnap... and the photos of you include many additional toys, props and costume...

Sure worry wan

...aiyo......G A M E O V E R.

'Face' in death.

They dun wan ppl to say bad things abt them at their funeral.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Account Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    'Face' in death.

Of course don't want la... Imagine your kids sit in front row of funeral, your old relatives sitting behind them wispering away... Lee wu tia dio hee neng kor dap pai sio kan eh see chun. tap pu see yong gee gee guai guai mee kia cha lai cha kee. pian tai ah.

TRANSLATION: Did you hear about them? Everytime have sex will take funny things to poke here poke there. Perverts.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    'Face' in death.

Well, if I am dead, I really don't care, cannot care. If people whisper behind your back, bad enough, but after you are dead, well, I really don't care for them anyway.

On this island, and this part of the world, we spend way too much time on what other people think, what will they say, and not enough time on what I want, what I like. At the end of the day, you have a miserable existancde, and other people really don't care.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Of course don't want la... Imagine your kids sit in front row of funeral, your old relatives sitting behind them wispering away... Lee wu tia dio hee neng kor dap pai sio kan eh see chun. tap pu see yong gee gee guai guai mee kia cha lai cha kee. pian tai ah.

TRANSLATION: Did you hear about them? Everytime have sex will take funny things to poke here poke there. Perverts.

bwahahaha.,......buay tahan man!...took me sometime to get it without reading the translation. hahah.....

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Sell ur wife. Buy more equipment after that.

*espn runs
    I will trade my wife for your D2x.

to be serious, without my girlfriend I would not have gotten into photography, at the same time it helped to break up our relationship due to my obsessive nature towards it...sad

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    I will trade my wife for your D2x.
    If I have one... and if you have a wife

It's been a bright road ahead so far for me. I am lucky in that my girlfriend was in the photography club as a film user) before I took up this hobby. She is also cute and pretty which makes it easy for me to look for model for portrait shots. Of late we have taken alot more photos and enjoy the pictures as much as I do taking them.

I've heard of horror stories though about relationships ending on a bad note because of neglect for the other half, spending excessive amounts on equipment and (ok i haven't heard of this one yet but I think it might happen) running off with the opposite sex with same passion for photography.

Care to share about what's the road been like for you and any tips for those out there obsessively hooked on this expensive hobby?
    To me, my relationship with my GF/wife is more important than anything. Photography is a hobby and a tool to capture the moments in your life. Relationships are something that you need to work on. If she is the one for you, then both of you got to work on it.

My wife and I never thought of break-ups from the time we go steady, and we are together for 10 years already, and married for the last 6 years. We enjoy photography together, as we like to travel and capture the moments we have together.

I won't ever give her up for a hobby. Anyway, I do take care of the expenses and buy equipment when i can afford it. I believe that the camera is just a tool, and skill is still more important. I make do with what I have and not hanker after the expensive equipment, after all, I am only an amatuer and not a professional photographer. If this is my livelihood, its a different matter.

Just my personal view.

You're lucky to have a girlfriend who shares the same interest as you do. You're also doubly lucky that you could easily do portrait practice with your girlfriend. Not many other photographers, whether in Singapore, in Melbourne (where I'm now), or anywhere else, can say the same.

I had 2 friends who ran into trouble with their girlfriends because of their hobbies. One played tennis very well, and well enough to represent his home city/town but gave it up because his girlfriend demanded time and attention. The other is a talented photographer who almost had to stop doing portraits because his girlfriend felt jealous (read as insecure) but he managed to reach a compromise for a while. If I'm correct, he had to finally stop doing portraiture.

If you're doing well with your portraits, there may come a time when you seek greater improvement. Factly, such improvement comes with photographing other people (because of their different face, figure, colour, age, etc), and when these other people take the shape of a young and pretty female, your problems will probably begin.

Lets face reality. You can't expect most girls/women to smile ear-to-ear knowing that her boyfriend/husband is photographing other girls often.

I find myself caught in an ironic situation about my hobby and profession (and I suspect many other portrait photographers are too). When women want nice photos of themselves done, they look for us. However, when women are not looking for photos, our portfolio appears to them as some sort of playboy's picture book of sexual conquests.

(Ehh... where's the emoticon with the middle-finger sign ah? Shucks... why don't have?)

I often have girls asking me if anyone in my portfolio is/was my girlfriend (especially if the girl is pretty). Sometimes, girls even ask me if I did any hanky-panky (which suggest that they could be just as dirty-minded as any other guy but just wearing a pretentious outward appearance).

If I were to find myself a girlfriend/wife, I would ideally like her to be someone confident of her physical self and comfortable in front of the camera. I don't wanna run away when she asks me for photos, and I also don't want her to run away when I ask for photos. It looks like it's gonna be someone who has modeled for me.

Otherwise, I, like many others here, may probably have to resign to our fates of being "happily" married to our cameras.
    Last edited by Jemapela; 28th September 2005 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    anyway, its good to have ur partner who shares the same interest as u. take my wife - everytime i whip out my camera to shoot her, she runs.
    So true. Why har?

Unless nicely, nicely made up for the occasion. Cannot have natural look meh. I alway tell her I like her natural look what.
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast