SG50 – an event celebrated and welcomed by the young, the old, locals as well as tourists! The colours of Singapore’s 50 birthday and the excitement of the parade give avid photographers a perfect opportunity to whip out their camera to capture images of the occasion.
And we want ClubSNAP members to be part of this year’s National Day action. So we are pleased to announce a special DigitaLife Photo competition in conjunction with our good friends at Funan DigitaLife Mall.
Bi-weekly, we will select 3 x best photos and award 50,000STAR$ (equivalent to $50 CapitaVoucher) each to the winning entries.
13 Jul to 26 Jul : Digital Lifestyle
27 Jul to 9 Aug: National Day Celebration
10 Aug to 23 Aug: Game for Fun
24 Aug to 9 Sept: Funan DigitaLife Mall
The competition seeks to capture the passion and the energy of the people as well as the colours of the Technology as the country celebrates its 50th birthday. We are looking for photos that show how the event has captured the hearts and minds of Singaporeans and visitors. Whether it’s street celebrations, parties, the preparations or just people out and about enjoying the excitement – it’s all about capturing the special moments that make this event memorable.
How to Participate:
- Snap a photo that depicts your "Digital Lifestyle"
- Follow us on Instagram @funandigitalifemall
- Upload your image to Instagram
- Caption or comment on the photo and hashtag #funanClubSNAPgallery
A) General Information
Judging will be based on creative and technical merit.
- ClubSNAP Gallery - Funan DigitaLife Mall Instagram Photo Competition. is open to all registered members of ClubSNAP Photography Community, up to and including appointed Moderators.
- Funan DigitaLife Mall employees, ClubSNAP Administrators and Moderators who are selected as Judges for the competition are not eligible.
- Entries for this competition must be taken in Singapore around the 2015 according to the different theme each bi-weekly.
- Images entered into the competition must have been taken by the entrant and possess all the necessary rights belonging to the entrant.
- Images which have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible for entry.
E) Image Editing and Enhancement
- Image enhancements may be applied to optimize an entry for the Competition.
- There must not be any significant removal or addition of elements in the image. To clarify:-
- Adjustments to color, saturation, contrast, brightness and sharpening are allowed.
- Cropping of images is allowed.
- Cloning must be limited to general cleaning work - significant addition or removal of elements in the composition is prohibited.
- Dodging and burning is permitted.
- Perspective adjustments for correction of lens distortion is permitted.
- A Panel of Judges comprised of the ClubSNAP Administrators and Moderators and or representatives from Funan DigitaLife Mall will determine the winning entries.
- The decision of the Panel of Judges is final.
- The organizers will not enter into any correspondence regarding the judging or organization of the competition.
- ClubSNAP members are advised to update their particulars (especially their email address) in their profiles to avoid any breakdown in communications.
- If there is no response from the winner by a specified date, the status will be revoked and the entry deemed null and void.
- The Entrant
- The entrant must be the sole author and owner of copyright, intellectual property and all other proprietary rights for the image(s) entered into the Competition.
- Photographers retain full copyright of all images entered into the Competition.
- It is the legal responsbility of the Entrant, and not the organizers or sole sponsor, to ensure compliance with all ownership and copyright requirements, and own the rights to reproduce the image(s).
- Entries which do not fulfil the above criteria will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified.
- The Organizer and Sponsor
- The Sole Sponsor (Funan DigitaLife Mall) and Organizer (ClubSNAP) reserve the non-exclusive right, for a limited period ending 31st December 2015, to publish, reproduce, display, distribute and show on screen, any winning image on associated websites, photo exhibitions, tradeshows, prints or any other media which is under the management of the sponsor and organizer. In all cases where such images are used, the sponsor and organizer reserve the right to do so without obtaining the further prior permission of the winner, and without offering any further compensation of any form. However, where any image is reproduced in print, the photographer will be credited.
- Winners will need to sign up for CAPITASTAR in order to get the winning prize of 50,000 STAR$ (equivalent to $50 CapitaVoucher). Participants can sign up for the Free Membership via the following link: https://www.capitastar.com/mobile/re...ocode=FNNS0414
- The organizers and sponsor reserve the right to change or add to the prizes and substitute with a comparable alternative. Any changes will be posted on the competition website. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered. If the quality of entries falls below the required standard, the organizers and sponsor reserve the right not to award a prize/prizes.
- Images are uploaded at the photographer’s own risk and the organizers regret they cannot accept any liability for the unauthorized duplication or use of images submitted to the Competition Gallery.
K) Agreement to Abide By Competitions Rules, Terms & Conditions
- Submission and Uploading of an image to the specified Competition Gallery indicates to the Organizer and Sponsor that the Entrant has read and agreed with the Terms & Conditions of this Photography Competition.
The organizer and sponsor reserves the right to amend or modify the above terms and conditions of the Competition as required, wherein adequate notification and announcement on the changes will be made known to the Entrants and members in a reasonable manner.