Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CS Aviation Gallery (passenger, military, private aircraft welcome)

Default CS Aviation Gallery (passenger, military, private aircraft welcome)

Well, I've never had shots good enough to be accepted by Airliners.net (boo hoo ), but still wanted to share a couple.

I know that there are a few incredible spotters around CS, so please share some of your favorites too.

Let's get a thread going with your shots of different aircraft.

Aircraft: B747 (VC-25)
    Airport: Boeing Field International, Seattle, Washington, USA

Aircraft: DC8 (thanks Klose )
    Last edited by taiwanapurasteve; 27th September 2005 at 09:06 PM.

Default Re: CS Aviation Gallery (passenger, military, private aircraft welcome)

The Boeing 747 is a VC-25. The DHL jet below is a DC8

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    The Boeing 747 is a VC-25. The DHL jet below is a DC8
    Thanks for the info Klose.

Not showing off my skill or anything....anyway, these are low-grade photos.

Thai Airways A330-321 in new livery.

Thai A340-600 in new livery

Thai Airways A330-321 Royal Barge

SQ B777-312 Star Alliance

SQ B747-412 Star Alliance
    Got pics of the SQ 777-212ER Star Alliance but that pic very low quality...a bit paiseh to post.

Few of my favorites...not top quality though

yee.....Xuan Hao...yours so nice.....I feel very paiseh...

Quote Originally Posted by XuanHao
    Few of my favorites...not top quality though
    haha! no need paiseh...u will get there 1 day 1

Jedi and XuanHao - These are great shots, are these from the viewing deck at Changi?

Wah SSteve, must be nice to shoot at Boeing Field, all the new airplanes coming out for test flights!

Quote Originally Posted by singapurasteve
    Jedi and XuanHao - These are great shots, are these from the viewing deck at Changi?
    Yup! both pics shot in the morning

Yep....viewing mall....in the mornings.Afternoon will get backlit shots.The best is around 9am-12pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Yep....viewing mall....in the mornings.Afternoon will get backlit shots.The best is around 9am-12pm.
    Thanks, I think I'll give it a try this Saturday around 8am. Is that too early?

Blog Entries

Well, I've never had shots good enough to be accepted by Airliners.net (boo hoo ), but still wanted to share a couple.

I know that there are a few incredible spotters around CS, so please share some of your favorites too.

Let's get a thread going with your shots of different aircraft.

Aircraft: B747 (VC-25)
    is this the famed Air Force One?

singapurasteve - looks like u can start to petition to the mods to start a new sub-cat for aviation pics.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

I think the photos were shot through the viewing gallery? probably cir-pol wasn't used and that's why the quality looked soft and dull.

Thanks, I think I'll give it a try this Saturday around 8am. Is that too early?
    Nope it isn't. However, traffic is very scarce at that time and you might not find many subjects to shoot.One thig that I must also highlight is that the best planes oftenly make an apperance at 9am-12pm on saturdays. Maybe I can arrange to meet you there??.

First time I ever trying to take pic of Aircraft. Also first try-out with my Sigma 70-200mm f2.8.

Not soo good lah but still practising.

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Nope it isn't. However, traffic is very scarce at that time and you might not find many subjects to shoot.One thig that I must also highlight is that the best planes oftenly make an apperance at 9am-12pm on saturdays. Maybe I can arrange to meet you there??.
    That sounds good, I could always use someone to give me some pointers. Unfortunately my schedule on Saturday is a bit tight in the morning, and I would have to leave by 10am. I think I'll give it a try and get there around 8 - 8:30 and see what it's like. Maybe I'll get a few decent shots before I have to leave at 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    is this the famed Air Force One?

singapurasteve - looks like u can start to petition to the mods to start a new sub-cat for aviation pics.
    There is more than one VC-25, and I believe it only takes on the callsign Airforce 1 when the US President is aboard it.

Hobart Honey VH-VUF of the Virgin Blue airlines

Quote Originally Posted by r32

Hobart Honey VH-VUF of the Virgin Blue airlines
    Nice. Are nose art rare on civilian/commercial airliners? I know its a fairly common practice for military aircraft. 1st time seeing it here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast