Thread: Req Idea: Corporate Gifts for European Colleauges

Default Req Idea: Corporate Gifts for European Colleauges

Any good idea for corporate gifts for European. Need to have something that is "typical Singapore".... budget around S$50 per piece....

Need to bring as a token when visiting the HQ in Europe.

Thanks

Default Re: Req Idea: Corporate Gifts for European Colleauges

RISIS..............gold covered Orchids

Quote Originally Posted by zipper
    Any good idea for corporate gifts for European. Need to have something that is "typical Singapore".... budget around S$50 per piece....

Need to bring as a token when visiting the HQ in Europe.

Thanks
    If you have the time, don't try to think up one that encompasses everything Singapore. Try to do a collection set... something that represents all our major cultures. It makes a better gift as each will tell a story in itself. It might not sink in all at once initially but it will be something they could relook at later on...not only will it instill some understranding to our cultures but also entice them to come visit you in Singapore and most importantly remember you if this is a prelude to doing business or reaffirm your position in the Singapore office

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    If you have the time, don't try to think up one that encompasses everything Singapore. Try to do a collection set... something that represents all our major cultures. It makes a better gift as each will tell a story in itself. It might not sink in all at once initially but it will be something they could relook at later on...not only will it instill some understranding to our cultures but also entice them to come visit you in Singapore and most importantly remember you if this is a prelude to doing business or reaffirm your position in the Singapore office

Wow...really too "chim" for me liao... i am more of a vision type... any example to show? Anyway, I would need a ready made one lah... no time and no talent to create one myself.

Go china town buy some chopstick for them can liao.

Quote Originally Posted by zipper
    Wow...really too "chim" for me liao... i am more of a vision type... any example to show? Anyway, I would need a ready made one lah... no time and no talent to create one myself.

You dont need to create...just buy off the shelf from various cultural shops. Europeans are very taken by such stuff esepcially if it was specially done up for them..in terms of gift. They are very taken by all those trinkets stuff and it does not have to cost alot but speak volume. Choose a small typical asian type basket or box and just throw in an item each from each culture. It can be something typical everyday or a representative of what embodies your company, its trade or product type and you choose something of related similarity to it as a fresh perspective on it.

This is really marketing too as in marketing yourself ..to stand out. The time it takes is well anything from a day to more but again it depends on what impression you are hoping to make with your European counterpart in relation to your own role with the company. I call it "white" politicking not dirty It makes a good ice breaker too in case this is the first time you are meeting everyone or you have no one on your side who is familiar enough to guide you through your time with them.
    Last edited by sammy888; 28th September 2005 at 03:13 PM.

Account Suspended

Buy lots of tee shits that state our various fines...

One thing comes to mind: durian

Ok on the serious side, if you can get his/her name translated into mandarin and get a caligrapher to write it & frame it up, it'll make a very good gift.
    i know that some of my angmo friends really like stuff like that (especially since it is personalised)

A bottle of wine? Europeans enjoy their drink or else nice chocs A bottle of canadian ice wine

Quote Originally Posted by tush
    If you can get his/her name translated into mandarin and get a caligrapher to write it & frame it up, it'll make a very good gift.
    i know that some of my angmo friends really like stuff like that (especially since it is personalised).
    I agree with that. In Chinatown, there are people doing that, and the whole thing won't cost too much...

how about the Monopoly SG version or a Singlish dictionary?