Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 175

Thread: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Anyone has gone for the Photo Seminar last Sat?
    Anyone going tomorrow?
    Anyone can share with his/her experience at the Photo Seminar?

  2. #102
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    ethics - no shooting of blind persons, since they can't see you.

    portraits - it's the photographer who connects with the subject, not the whizbang camera.

    don't shoot people when they're with their mistresses when you're shooting a general scene on orchard road

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Quezon City, Philippines, Phil
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    is this open only for Canon users?

  4. #104
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by glennboi
    is this open only for Canon users?
    no.

    http://www.photomarathon.com.sg/memb...ion-rules.html

    "Participants can use any digital camera to shoot photographs during the Digital Photo Marathon."

  5. #105

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Any 'leakage' on the themes (read, so far, that the assignments would only be given out on the spot). Not sure what would be the useful equipment to bring.

    Appreciate some sifu's to advise; probably based on past years' experiences.

  6. #106
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by jamestyemk
    Any 'leakage' on the themes (read, so far, that the assignments would only be given out on the spot). Not sure what would be the useful equipment to bring.

    Appreciate some sifu's to advise; probably based on past years' experiences.
    I believe that is classified information as yet. Just bring a wide angle and a telephoto and a flash.
    eat. drink. shoot

  7. #107

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by jamestyemk
    Any 'leakage' on the themes (read, so far, that the assignments would only be given out on the spot). Not sure what would be the useful equipment to bring.

    Appreciate some sifu's to advise; probably based on past years' experiences.
    if got leakage then no fun already.

  8. #108

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    I believe that is classified information as yet. Just bring a wide angle and a telephoto and a flash.
    don't forget the tripod. both the winning shots of the previous 2 photomarathons were shot at slow shutter speed with a tripod (and without a flash i believe).

  9. #109
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    don't forget the tripod. both the winning shots of the previous 2 photomarathons were shot at slow shutter speed with a tripod (and without a flash i believe).
    Which images?
    eat. drink. shoot

  10. #110

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Which images?
    the winning shots of;
    a) people going up the escalator at orchard mrt. (2003)
    b) people inside an indian temple. (2004)

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Katong
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Did anyone receive confirmation email? I remember last year had confirmation email but I have to receive any this year. I signed up quite early in September from the website.

  12. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by itchy
    Did anyone receive confirmation email? I remember last year had confirmation email but I have to receive any this year. I signed up quite early in September from the website.
    I didn't receive confirmation mail too.

  13. #113

    Talking Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    PLEASE BRING A MACRO LENS, A WIDE-ANGLE LENS AND A SEMI-TELEPHOTO LENS ... MAYBE FLASH AND NOT SO HEAVY TRIPOD. A SANDBAG, A REFLECTOR , A BLACK CARD.
    WATERPROOF BAG, UMBRELLA.

    Got own car... pls bring also A LAPTOP TO VIEW THE PHOTOS.

  14. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    988

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Anyone knows if I one is able to join in from the afternoon onwards as I have to work in the morning?

  15. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by vic2003
    I didn't receive confirmation mail too.
    Same case as me.I signed up in late sept..no mail so far.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  16. #116
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d3d
    PLEASE BRING A MACRO LENS, A WIDE-ANGLE LENS AND A SEMI-TELEPHOTO LENS ... MAYBE FLASH AND NOT SO HEAVY TRIPOD. A SANDBAG, A REFLECTOR , A BLACK CARD.
    WATERPROOF BAG, UMBRELLA.

    Got own car... pls bring also A LAPTOP TO VIEW THE PHOTOS.
    Need sandbag and reflector for???
    eat. drink. shoot

  17. #117
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    Same case as me.I signed up in late sept..no mail so far.
    Just received the confirmation
    eat. drink. shoot

  18. #118

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    looks like it is going to be a wet weather weekend according to yahoo weather forecast.....don't forget your raingears..

  19. #119

    Smile Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    SandBag- when shoot macro too low for your tripod to go.
    Reflector - when Flash spolit it all! Natural lite best.

  20. #120
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: CanonGraphers - Canon Photo Marathon III 2005

    Anyone can gimme a lift from Bedok MRT? PM me please!!!
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •