Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware of Con Buyer in the Buy & Sell @CS

Quote Originally Posted by SNAPDINER View Post
    Actually there are 2 types, one is the outright scammer. The other is the money launderer testing you even though their initial bank advice is fake. You sell something say USD1800. After verifying that u r so call reliable via your number of posts, they transfer USD 180000, claiming they make a mistake on the zeroes, and for your inconvenience, they tip you say USD 1k to remit the extra back to another account. You wud hv been had.
    The 2nd type is new...

Default Re: Beware of Con Buyer in the Buy & Sell @CS

Selling non camera stuff at gumtree sg, 1 guys from US emailed to me said that want to buy my stuff and want me to send to Bangkok for his wife. After few email exchanges, don't see anything suspicious so ask the guy to bank in to my bank acc or paypal. The guy opt for paypal, and sent me the statement next day. Looks like a official statement from paypal with my email address. So log in my account to verify, and nothing was found... Heng ah! After that, i just reply to him said that i've sent the item..

singapore local camera market is quite big and active,

why risking dealing with international market,

SG is not like USA, where people are like city-to-city distance from each other, while ours are just mrt-to-mrt distance from each other.
    K-01: S8FE, DA35 Flickr

This is why I never posted my email nor phone in my sale thread those interested can PM me using their CS account this way I can have some ref who contracted me if that person turn out to be like what the TS mentioned I can bring this up to the Mods and they can investigate further at least they have someone from their registered CS user to start their investigations.2nd I don't normally transact via email after PM has been established exchange of mobile number will follow this way I can at least know if he is local or not. 3rd I wont and don't transact internationally if I do then I don't need to post here maybe just use evil-Bay :-)

This is not full proof but so far I have manages to stay away from overseas con buyers....
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

Blog Entries

When a deal is too easy or good to be true it usually is ...... this applies to both Buyer and Seller....... My exxpeerieence tells me that buyers will always give sellers hell of a hard time ....... .......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycamera View Post
    singapore local camera market is quite big and active,

why risking dealing with international market,

SG is not like USA, where people are like city-to-city distance from each other, while ours are just mrt-to-mrt distance from each other.
    Exact thoughts. Obviously the scammers are targeting the wrong market. Or maybe we Singaporeans can be too gullible

I am also having same experience when I posted to sell my items in gumtree. He claimed himself is US army and currently at Nigeria bla bla bla. Then I just Google for Nigeria scammers and there are a lot of info shown.

I believe they will always come out with many kind of tricks/patterns. Google might be helpful if you have some suspicious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12