Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware of Con Buyer in the Buy & Sell @CS

Default Beware of Con Buyer in the Buy & Sell @CS

I would like to share my experience of meeting a Con Buyer here, and I hope that no one has yet been cheated.

Someone will contact you (in my case a "lady" ) and show some interests in your item for sale. After the price is agreed, the pattern starts. In my case, she said she is pregnant and she wanted to buy my gear to give as a present for his husband. She needed a little help from me.

Firstly, she is now in Malaysia with her parents, and her husband is in Nigeria (of all places), because he is a missionary. She wanted to give him the gear as a surprise birthday present and needed me to courier out to him as soon as she made the TT to my bank. Of course, no problem for me to help such a sweet lady!

All agreed, she emailed me the payment slip and asked me to follow up as soon as possible. All looked legit, bank is Urban Partnership Bank, Dallas, USA. Checked my bank account, no money in. Look at her bank slip, and noticed this term:

We are processing the payment. You don't have to wait for us to finalize the transaction. You are required to deliver the item, then send scanned copies of the shipment document and slip to us via email to enable us remit the money to your account.

If the shipment document and slip isn't received, the transaction will not be processed further. After it has been received, inquiries will be made to confirm the status of the consignment before the money will be remitted to your nominated account.

The rest is obvious. Remember NEVER ship out anything without checking to confirm that you have received the monies.

Good Luck!
    always the Light, .... always.

Default Re: Beware of Con Buyer in the Buy & Sell @CS

Uncle, thanks for sharing this.

You should show them this photo first.

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Same old Nigerian story. Now the scammer can declare himself/herself to be in Indonesia and even Singapore.

Thread should be in Consumer instead of Kopitiam

Happened to me when i listed my email address in my BNS ad

Really take us for 3 year old kids lol

Well I usually reply them with this.

May sound a bit Kong hee
    D800E / Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 / 150-600 Tamron

Name:  Screenshot_2015-06-24-20-06-19.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  53.6 KB

Still got part 2

Still got part 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Tan View Post

Still got part 2
    ....go outright and tell the chap to confess all his sins before you decide to sell it to him .......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Always the same old tactic. Hehe

- Husband in military,
    - Wish to get as a surprise for husband,
    - Wife pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    ....go outright and tell the chap to confess all his sins before you decide to sell it to him .......
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-06-24-20-18-01.jpg
Size:  52.6 KB

I almost took a revenge for Singaporean
    Last edited by Bart Tan; 9th July 2015 at 09:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Tan View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-06-24-20-18-01.jpg
Size:  52.6 KB

I almost took a revenge for Singaporean
    God bless you .........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

I used to be a member of site below.. You can keep these scammers as your online pets who reply within minutes.. Keep messing around as a potential bait to waste their time and for laughs..

www.419eater.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I would like to share my experience of meeting a Con Buyer here, and I hope that no one has yet been cheated.

Someone will contact you (in my case a "lady" ) and show some interests in your item for sale. After the price is agreed, the pattern starts. In my case, she said she is pregnant and she wanted to buy my gear to give as a present for his husband. She needed a little help from me.

Firstly, she is now in Malaysia with her parents, and her husband is in Nigeria (of all places), because he is a missionary. She wanted to give him the gear as a surprise birthday present and needed me to courier out to him as soon as she made the TT to my bank. Of course, no problem for me to help such a sweet lady!

All agreed, she emailed me the payment slip and asked me to follow up as soon as possible. All looked legit, bank is Urban Partnership Bank, Dallas, USA. Checked my bank account, no money in. Look at her bank slip, and noticed this term:

We are processing the payment. You don't have to wait for us to finalize the transaction. You are required to deliver the item, then send scanned copies of the shipment document and slip to us via email to enable us remit the money to your account.

If the shipment document and slip isn't received, the transaction will not be processed further. After it has been received, inquiries will be made to confirm the status of the consignment before the money will be remitted to your nominated account.

The rest is obvious. Remember NEVER ship out anything without checking to confirm that you have received the monies.

Good Luck!
    how did the lady contacted you?

Quote Originally Posted by ronniegogs View Post
    I used to be a member of site below.. You can keep these scammers as your online pets who reply within minutes.. Keep messing around as a potential bait to waste their time and for laughs..

www.419eater.com
    Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    how did the lady contacted you?
    Try not to list email contact in personal classified thread, these threads are viewable by anyone, those who contact sellers via email, over 90% are from scammers.

Member trd2970 sharing his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    Happened to me when i listed my email address in my BNS ad

Really take us for 3 year old kids lol
    Last edited by catchlights; 10th July 2015 at 12:05 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Don't 2aste time with her. Otherwise reply: you are seeing this because money not transferred yet. Once money received goods will be on the way. Meanwhile item is still on sale and thank you for your interest haha

Just send them an empty package n see how? Maybe put a smelly sock into it, ha ha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Just send them an empty package n see how? Maybe put a smelly sock into it, ha ha!
    For what? They got nothing to lose cos the bank transfer is not even real ... Instead you're wasting time effort and money sending them tje the empty package.

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post

For what? They got nothing to lose cos the bank transfer is not even real ... Instead you're wasting time effort and money sending them tje the empty package.
    Show them that don't mess with us! Heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Actually there are 2 types, one is the outright scammer. The other is the money launderer testing you even though their initial bank advice is fake. You sell something say USD1800. After verifying that u r so call reliable via your number of posts, they transfer USD 180000, claiming they make a mistake on the zeroes, and for your inconvenience, they tip you say USD 1k to remit the extra back to another account. You wud hv been had.
    Canon 60D / 50mm F1.8 II / 40mm 2.8 STM / 75-300mm III

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast