Thread: Color Management Issues

Default Color Management Issues

I got myself a new monitor and have it calibrated with spyder 4. However, when i upload the images on a web page they appear much more saturated. Thing is when i disable color management on tht browser it appears to be exactly the same as how i view it on my computer photo viewer, photoshop and lightroom unless i turn on softproofing. is there a way to fix this? Do i trust image on the web or the one on my computer.
    Last edited by xjosephtbr; 5th July 2015 at 09:50 PM.

Default Re: Color Management Issues

- Which browser are you using
    - Which PP program are you using to export your photos?
    - If it's Lightroom you should be seeing it as per what you see in Color managed browsers like Chrome.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

chrome. im using lightroom to export them.
    Im connecting my display to the laptop thru a HDMI-DVi cable.
    somehow, I manage to get them 'in sync' when i use hdmi projector mode instead of hdmi "dual view"

Apparently you'll need a saparate video card for each monitor for windows to load multiple color profiles under 1 operating system. case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by xjosephtbr View Post
    Apparently you'll need a saparate video card for each monitor for windows to load multiple color profiles under 1 operating system. case closed.
    First of all: where in your initial post did you describe your setup with two monitors? If you don't provide all details we can hardly be of any help.
    Google showed me this link: http://www.imagescience.com.au/kb/qu...tiple+Monitors
    Hope it helps. Apparently, it's a matter of your OS and your hardware whether independent profiles for two monitors can be be handled.
    EOS

Blog Entries

I am running 2 monitors off one video card in windows and i am running separate profiles for each monitor... which version of spyder 4 are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I am running 2 monitors off one video card in windows and i am running separate profiles for each monitor... which version of spyder 4 are you using?
    i am using spyder 4 pro. I did assign 2 color profiles to both my monitors but if i were to use both displays at the same time, the second display, a dell u2412m will not have color management.
    my other display is from a samsung laptop with an nvidia gt525m graphics card
    or it might be my hdmi-dvi cable thts giving me problems.
    Last edited by xjosephtbr; 7th July 2015 at 12:43 PM.

anyway after that i took some of my photos and campared them with cathayphotos calibrated monitor and they all appear rather saturated lol. the staff then advised me to remove all the calibration data from my laptop monitor and to just use it for web browsing and somehow everything worked even when i used both monitors.

Blog Entries

i am using spyder 4 pro. I did assign 2 color profiles to both my monitors but if i were to use both displays at the same time, the second display, a dell u2412m will not have color management.
    my other display is from a samsung laptop with an nvidia gt525m graphics card
    or it might be my hdmi-dvi cable thts giving me problems.
    I am using a desktop PC running ATI Radeon 5970 series video card. 2 monitors one Dell Ultrasharp 27 inch, and a LG 22 inch. Windows will load a different profile for each monitor. No problems whatsoever. Tested with both Spyder 3 pro and Spyder 5 pro.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I am using a desktop PC running ATI Radeon 5970 series video card. 2 monitors one Dell Ultrasharp 27 inch, and a LG 22 inch. Windows will load a different profile for each monitor. No problems whatsoever. Tested with both Spyder 3 pro and Spyder 5 pro.
    I do the same even with onboard graphics and two Dell Ultrasharp monitors. No issue.
    EOS

I was able to load configuration files to 2 monitors even when using onboard graphic card. I use Spyder4 pro.

I think you are using Spyder4 express which do not support multi-monitor calibration. Only the pro and express version support multi monitors. Hope this info helps.