Thread: Studio help needed

Default Studio help needed

Hi all.

I've got a question, was hoping someone might be able to help with.

Now everytime I go to the studio, I would see the line where the backdrop meets the floor and it can be kind of distracting. The image above doesnt have that line

So my question is:

How is the line of the backdrop removed? Using a large room/space? or Photoshoped out?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by Octarine; 4th July 2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Image removed, poster does not own copyrights

Default Re: Studio help needed

if you shoot subject in full length and using the backgound paper, the paper suppose to fully extend out and let your subject stand on it, like this.

but not many studio allow you to do so, because inexperienced photographers and models will waste one entire roll of background paper in a session and that roll of paper alone cost about S$90.

some studios also have cyclorama wall built in, just like the studio in the video. but usually charge higher and offer to commercial jobs, so they enough budget to re paint the floor.
    or only to experience photographers, so won't have to re-paint the floor after each session.
    Last edited by catchlights; 3rd July 2015 at 10:20 AM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Hi Ben.

Thanks for replying.

I did have my paper rolled out and my subject standing on the paper. However i can still see the line where the paper meets the floor.

I shall try curving the backdrop to see what comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by basherbomb View Post
    Attachment 8353

Hi all.

I've got a question, was hoping someone might be able to help with.

Now everytime I go to the studio, I would see the line where the backdrop meets the floor and it can be kind of distracting. The image above doesnt have that line

So my question is:

How is the line of the backdrop removed? Using a large room/space? or Photoshoped out?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi!

This shot taken by you? Looks great.

kaikeong

[QUOTE=basherbomb;9171201]Attachment 8353

Now everytime I go to the studio, I would see the line where the backdrop meets the floor and it can be kind of distracting.

Are you referring to the beginning of this paper line? If you are talking about this paper line, then you just have to extend the paper longer and making sure you do not include the line in your camera view

kaikeong

[QUOTE=catchlights;9171230]if you shoot subject in full length and using the backgound paper, the paper suppose to fully extend out and let your subject stand on it, like this.

Hi!

but not many studio allow you to do so, because inexperienced photographers and models will waste one entire roll of background paper in a session and that roll of paper alone cost about S$90.

When you rent a studio for a shoot. Usually you will inform the studio before the actual day of shoot to tell them what you require in your rental. If you need to use a white background paper, then just let them know. If they have the right colour I am sure they will charge you for the usage. The studio will not charge you for a whole roll of paper. They charge by how many meters you used.A full length fashion shoot may use up to 3m or 4m.

I don't see a reason why an inexperienced photographer or model will waste an entire roll of background paper. One good way to keep the background paper from getting dirty due to footprints of the shoes.... Tape new masking tape on the base of the shoes. And most importantly, do not allow any one to walk right onto the paper. If they need to get onto the paper (Example- Make up artist trying to walk to the model to touch up on the make up) Ask them to remove their shoes before walking in. After a while everything will be in full control.

More practise on shoots will make you a better photographer with confidence.

Open for discussion.

Kaikeong

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Kaikeong;9171469]
    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if you shoot subject in full length and using the backgound paper, the paper suppose to fully extend out and let your subject stand on it, like this.

Hi!

When you rent a studio for a shoot. Usually you will inform the studio before the actual day of shoot to tell them what you require in your rental. If you need to use a white background paper, then just let them know. If they have the right colour I am sure they will charge you for the usage. The studio will not charge you for a whole roll of paper. They charge by how many meters you used.A full length fashion shoot may use up to 3m or 4m.

I don't see a reason why an inexperienced photographer or model will waste an entire roll of background paper. One good way to keep the background paper from getting dirty due to footprints of the shoes.... Tape new masking tape on the base of the shoes. And most importantly, do not allow any one to walk right onto the paper. If they need to get onto the paper (Example- Make up artist trying to walk to the model to touch up on the make up) Ask them to remove their shoes before walking in. After a while everything will be in full control.

More practise on shoots will make you a better photographer with confidence.

Open for discussion.

Kaikeong
    I think you totally missed catchlights' point. You also missed TS's question...

However i can still see the line where the paper meets the floor.
    It'll help everyone understand what you're describing if you can share a sample image.

Hi Ben.

Thanks for replying.

I did have my paper rolled out and my subject standing on the paper. However i can still see the line where the paper meets the floor.

I shall try curving the backdrop to see what comes up.
    By saying that you still see the line where paper meets the floor is quite a bit confusing and that curving is the best option. Sharing
    my own home studio setup the paper roll should curve at the point where it reached the floor and straighten out on one's desired length
    so that subject to camera distance is justified. The end result will be no lines is noticeable.

5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaikeong View Post
    Hi!

This shot taken by you? Looks great.

kaikeong
    Hi.

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately, its not by me. I would wish so too.

haha

Hi.
    Thanks for the reply. unfortunately, its not by me. I would wish so too.
    haha
    In this case you have violated some basic rules about copyrights. Posting edited.
    Do note: if you post other people's images always include full copyright information and / or link to original website / picture.
    EOS