Thread: C2040 and C2100 does it have black/white feature

Default C2040 and C2100 does it have black/white feature

does these camera have feature to take Sepia and Black & White?

if not, how do you de-colour it in photoshop?

Will doing so be the same as compared to the camera having the black/white effect like in Sony F707 or 505
    Last edited by lufu; 15th February 2002 at 01:01 AM.

Default Re: C2040 and C2100 does it have black/white feature

Originally posted by lufu
    does these camera have feature to take Sepia and Black & White?

if not, how do you de-colour it in photoshop?

Will doing so be the same as compared to the camera having the black/white effect like in Sony F707 or 505
    Oly C-2100UZ --> 4 special effects --> black & white, sepia, black board and white board.

Can easily turn the color pix intio grayscale...lotsa graphics proggie can do it.

Default Re: Re: C2040 and C2100 does it have black/white feature

Originally posted by Jayan

Oly C-2100UZ --> 4 special effects --> black & white, sepia, black board and white board.

Can easily turn the color pix intio grayscale...lotsa graphics proggie can do it.
    In photoshop (ps 5 at least)... There's an action to turn pic to sepia. But me think it would be better to have the image in colour first and convert to an other effect on com. 1 thing, If you have it in B&W, u can't get in back to colour. But having the coloured version allow you to see how the pic goes with the other effects... maybe it still looks better in colour?

is there any guide, how do you actually turn photo into turn pic to sepia or B/W in Photoshop 6.01 ?

Thanks

Originally posted by lufu
    is there any guide, how do you actually turn photo into turn pic to sepia or B/W in Photoshop 6.01 ?

Thanks
    There's a small proggie from Mediachance.com called the B/Works that allows u to do all theat. F.O.C.

thanks, thats a good website

alamak.. for grayscale can either go to Edit/ Image mode choose Grayscale... need filter or action meh? geez newbies need so much handholding these days... coff coff..
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by denizenx
    alamak.. for grayscale can either go to Edit/ Image mode choose Grayscale... need filter or action meh? geez newbies need so much handholding these days... coff coff..
    Straight grayscale is way different from real B&W film. The colour response of B&W film is quite different, so tones are rendered differently. A straight grayscale conversion does not even emulate that, so people came up with actions, filters etc to simulate the popular films like Kodak Tri-X. The best way to do B&W digitally is via Photoshop's Channel Mixer.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Straight grayscale is way different from real B&W film. The colour response of B&W film is quite different, so tones are rendered differently. A straight grayscale conversion does not even emulate that, so people came up with actions, filters etc to simulate the popular films like Kodak Tri-X. The best way to do B&W digitally is via Photoshop's Channel Mixer.

Regards
    CK
    thanks for yuor info

we-ell, since the previous msgs were about grayscale anyway... I dun think he was asking about b/w ala film...
    film b/w of cos not just grayscale... and of cos once u start fiddling with the values u shd adjust it as u like... either over-contrasty or super creamy gray... dun let the ghosts of film haunt u...

I do apologise for chiding lufu... but again all these info are on the web and non-obscure links mah... and photoshop is learnt by touching exploring the menus/icons not by asking for handholding when the function is so obvious if u had gone through the menus or even attempted to press F1, which is Help btw...
    what a fierce apology... but
    hey sorry man lufu.. I gotta chill out... btw I teach Photoshop so hehehe...