19th October 2002, 02:29 AM
19th October 2002, 05:38 AM
19th October 2002, 09:09 AM
Jed please join us and be active
in the group when you are back in Singapore.
Our island needs a lot more passionate
photographers with sound philosophy and
outstanding leadership qualities.
All active, pro-active and even those
intending to be active again can join us.
We always find ourselves learning everyday
from each other.
To me that is the surest way to progress
which is also an anti climate to our
outstanding born ego.
19th October 2002, 12:12 PM
19th October 2002, 12:42 PM
19th October 2002, 01:02 PM
21st October 2002, 02:23 PM
22nd October 2002, 12:05 PM
22nd October 2002, 12:47 PM
22nd October 2002, 02:32 PM
22nd October 2002, 04:44 PM
The twenty two steps to seeing The Singapore Yosemite
I found two true real photographer in Ckiang and YSLee
and many others as well...
From an article I read some years ago:
1. That we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.
2. That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you
every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.
3. That true friendship can continue to grow, even over the longest distance.
4. That you can do something silly in an instant that will give you heartache for life.
5. That it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.
6. That you should always leave loved ones with loving words.
It may be the last time you see them.
7. That you can keep going long after you can't.
8. That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
9. That either you control your attitude or it controls you.
10. That heroes are the people who do what has to be done
when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
11. That my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and still have the best time.
12. That sometimes the people you expect to fire or kick you when you're down,
will be the ones to guide and help and you get back up.
13. That sometimes when I'm angry and knew that I have the right to be angry,
but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.
14. That just because someone doesn't applause you the way
you want them to doesn't mean they don't accept you with all they have.
15. That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences
you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do
with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
16. That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others.
Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
17. That our background and circumstances may have influenced
who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
18. That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean
they don't approve or love each other And just because they don't argue,
it doesn't mean they do.
19. That two people can look at the exact same trees
and see something totally different.
20. That your life can be changed in a matter of seconds
by people who don't even know you.
21. That even when you think you have no more to give,
when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.
22. That your credentials on paper do not make you an acknowledge human being.
As we go about trying to discover the forest and terrain
in our beautiful cityscape like island with our cameras
must we be so caught up and forget how we have
come a long way to what we are today?
May I have the honour to invite both Ckiang and YS Lee
for dinner to ponder over our passion in photography
and discuss what we can do to contribute to our
young community to think and grow rich unselfishly.
We may soon bring the Singapore Yosemite home
22nd October 2002, 06:44 PM
Oh how I wait,
with much abated breath
The anticipation i hate
with little patience I have
The promise of the crowning glory
of a glorious orange sunrise
Rays of luminous light with furious fury
Striking the distant pillars of Singapore's highrise
Toy with us no longer,
lest we rise in anger
Where is this Singapore Yosemite,
where can we find thee?
Like the lost city of Inca,
we look forward to you
As we wait with our Leicas,
Like archers fingering their yews....
23rd October 2002, 09:09 AM
Singapore Yosemite is...
in your Mind?
Is it how you look at it?