Thread: Essential Equipments to start up photography

Default Essential Equipments to start up photography

Hi everyone,

I am very interested, but very new to photography. Recently, decided to get a DSLR Canon 350D to start off with. Just a few questions:

1) How do you recommend newbies to start learning from? attend basic photography classes? Reading from books? etc...

2) My intention is to focus on scenery, and candids. If given the requirements, what are the essential lens to bring along? If my bag can only carry up to 3 lens? (maybe I should say, limited budget to buy lens... )

3) Is a dry cabinet necessary, in the long run?

Thanks!!

Default Re: Essential Equipments to start up photography

Well if you're planning into photography in the long haul, then ultimately you'll be looking at investing in quality lenses (Canon's L lenses). And these can easily cost as much or even more than your camera.

But since you're new into DSLR, perhaps you should just hang on to what you have at the moment, until you understand more about photography. Attending basic courses are fine. Equally if not more important is to join outings. It is there you can ask fellow users to discover more about photography, and learn from there.

dry cabi would be very worthwhole investment... in the long run...

Yes, get a dry-cabi first, we are in Singapore, and the weather is hot and humid, u need to put yr camera and lens in dry-cabi.