Thread: Photography Tips for Beginners

Lightbulb Photography Tips for Beginners

There are so many cameras out there targeted for beginners that I can’t even keep up.
    In my opinion, most cameras currently in the market are all superb. Technology simply blows my mind. However, cameras have a shorter life cycle than lenses. In my humble opinion, if you’re going to spend money, invest in a better lens verses spending the extra cash on a “latest and greatest” camera body.
    I will also write a post on choosing a camera if you’d like further guidance.

Prime lenses have one focal length without a zoom function. Zoom lenses have a zoom function, and the the 18mm-55mm kit lens that usually comes with the camera will fall into the zoom lens category.

One of the most common questions I receive is, “What lens should I get?” There’s no single perfect lens that will meet all your needs. I’m not a fan of most zoom lenses on the market that are under $500. It must cost more to make a quality zoom lens.

The last thing you want to happen is for your memory card to go bad and lose your images.
    I recommend Sandisk memory cards, because Sandisk is the leading brand for memory cards, and I’ve use it for years without any issues, so I’m sticking with them.

Make sure to check whether your cameras uses an Secure Digital(SD) or Compact Flash(CF) card before purchasing.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
    Adobe Photoshop 6

Tripod is an important tool for taking nature photos. It’s also nice to have if you’d like to be in your family photos, or if you want to be in photos when you travel. Professional tripods will cost you hundreds of dollars, but here are couple of affordable options for you.

Know Your Digital Camera’s Basic Settings
    Know Your Camera: Aperture Control
    Know Your Camera: Shutter Speed
    Can You Guess What This Photo Is?
    Analyzing the Composition of Your Photographs
    Know Your Camera
    Know Your Camera: Accessories
    The Next Step - Depth of Field & Exposure
    First Class Photography: Contests
    First Class Photography: An Overview of Camera Equipment
    First Class Photography: The Junior Safari
    Taking the Mystery Out of Photographic Terms
    First Class Photography: Dry Underwater Photography?
    First Class Photography: Getting In The Mood

All the best...

lil red dot
    Blog Entries

We have a lot of information in the sticky section in newbie's subsection. Do check it out.

A good start is here:
    Last edited by daredevil123; 30th June 2015 at 12:23 AM.

Pasir Ris

Default Re: Photography Tips for Beginners

Nothing new.. besides this:
    First Class Photography: Dry Underwater Photography?
    It is indeed advisable to keep the camera dry when going underwater, film or digital.
    Lightroom is out in version 6 already.

My House

This article sounds like an attempt at article writing for SEO.