Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freelancers Chit Chat Thread

Default Re: Freelancers Chit Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Yes, I'm not against image manipulating, it does serve certain purpose, for whatever reasons.

and I get what you mean, just like when you see a beautiful girl but knowing everything on her is not real, you would prefer a girl who is not perfect but authentic.
    I like your analogy bro ^_^!
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

Yes, I'm not against image manipulating, it does serve certain purpose, for whatever reasons.

and I get what you mean, just like when you see a beautiful girl but knowing everything on her is not real, you would prefer a girl who is not perfect but authentic.
    You mean this:

http://t.bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/11...famous-ladyboy
    Last edited by Sion; 6th July 2015 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You mean this:
    I don't want to turn this thread into OT thread. But this reminds me of an incident when I was in Phuket few years back... My wife did asked me to go out and have some beer and enjoy cheap beer.. while walking a lady on a scooter pass by then turned around... Boy! she was stunning long hair slim and sexy then she said "Hi!" the voice give it away.... so my 1st impression of Boy! was literally it is a boy....

I have nothing against trans or bi etc. I respect all human being... but I just got surprised and caught off guard never had experience this before in my life... she really looks like a pretty lady one some more.

but anyways this will be hopefully my last OT in this thread ^_^
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    I don't want to turn this thread into OT thread. But this reminds me of an incident when I was in Phuket few years back... My wife did asked me to go out and have some beer and enjoy cheap beer.. while walking a lady on a scooter pass by then turned around... Boy! she was stunning long hair slim and sexy then she said "Hi!" the voice give it away.... so my 1st impression of Boy! was literally it is a boy....

I have nothing against trans or bi etc. I respect all human being... but I just got surprised and caught off guard never had experience this before in my life... she really looks like a pretty lady one some more.

but anyways this will be hopefully my last OT in this thread ^_^

Not to worry, this is a chit chat thread, there is no specify topics here, so you can't go off topic. lol
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Hi everyone,

I'm Wei De, graduated from poly as motion grapher, but sided towards videography and stuff. Just ORD a few weeks ago, did some freelance for photography assistant, video filming, interview and 2d animation. Trying hard to survive in this freelancing.

welcome Retiaw.

Sorry to kaypoh as I don't qualify here... But found this nice video to share...

Video Missing

Early this week, I went to Geylang Serai to shoot the Hari Raya Bazaar for some stock photos, at the end of shoot, I walk around the Bazzaar, there are many food stalls and I saw a banner advertising Halal Bak Kwa.
    Halal Bak Kwa? Okey...... this is something new to me...

come to think of it, that is an innovation, so what are the things that we can take from other industries or places, modify and incorporate it into our business?

or you have any interesting encounter during recent shoots like to share here?

Early this week, I went to Geylang Serai to shoot the Hari Raya Bazaar for some stock photos, at the end of shoot, I walk around the Bazzaar, there are many food stalls and I saw a banner advertising Halal Bak Kwa.
    Halal Bak Kwa? Okey...... this is something new to me...

come to think of it, that is an innovation, so what are the things that we can take from other industries or places, modify and incorporate it into our business?

or you have any interesting encounter during recent shoots like to share here?
    Well... "bak" is "meat" "kwa" is "dried"... never say what type of meat... in fact, Bee Cheng Hiang has chicken and beef ones... http://www.beechenghiang.com.sg/onli...bq-bakkwa.html ... so why not halal versions?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Well... "bak" is "meat" "kwa" is "dried"... never say what type of meat... in fact, Bee Cheng Hiang has chicken and beef ones... http://www.beechenghiang.com.sg/onli...bq-bakkwa.html ... so why not halal versions?
    I know the non pork bak kwa is not a new products, they bak kwa manufactures come out with a chicken bak kwa during 1999 Nipah virus outbreak in the Malaysia.
    it is easy for you to say this now.

just imagine, if you are the one who come out with this ideal, and start selling this "new" product to a new market, what would be your feeling like?
    will I able to open a new market?
    how will the consumers accept this product?
    will I look like a crown?
    will I get whacked by the consumers?

and etc......

My question is, are we proactive and innovative, always look for new ideas for our business?

or just be a follower, do whatever my competitors do, and offer at a lower price?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I have an interesting encounter with a model recently. But I can't tell you more or show you the photos here.

Got say like no say.

My question is, are we proactive and innovative, always look for new ideas for our business?

or just be a follower, do whatever my competitors do, and offer at a lower price?
    In business, if you do the latter, you sure die eventually.

But having said that, not every product or business has to be super revolutionary lah... it just has to be better in the opinion of the customers. While we love stories of game changing products, the truth is that the bulk of business is just incremental improvements to an existing product offered in such a way that there is a customer base willing to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    In business, if you do the latter, you sure die eventually.

But having said that, not every product or business has to be super revolutionary lah... it just has to be better in the opinion of the customers. While we love stories of game changing products, the truth is that the bulk of business is just incremental improvements to an existing product offered in such a way that there is a customer base willing to pay for it.

Yes, photographers don't have to be totally different from others, just need to have some small differences which customers can't compare the photographer and the rest, so what are the things that a photographers can add into there existing services/products?

btw, this is Freelancers Chit Chat thread and there are so many One Post Wonders, I guess some are sitting down there and waiting for telephone to ring.

If this does not work out, I think I rename the thread to Uncles and Aunties Chit Chat Thread. or The Distraction Thread.

btw, this is Freelancers Chit Chat thread and there are so many One Post Wonders, I guess some are sitting down there and waiting for telephone to ring.

If this does not work out, I think I rename the thread to Uncles and Aunties Chit Chat Thread. or The Distraction Thread.
    Or they are too busy shooting.
    Last edited by Sion; 10th July 2015 at 03:42 PM.

hey all, id like to know your opinions on kedaz. photography. who charges 10,000usd for a prewedding.
    http://kedaz.zenfolio.com/the-journey-of-love
    are there any local photographers who have reached that kind of level?

Quote Originally Posted by xjosephtbr View Post
    hey all, id like to know your opinions on kedaz. photography. who charges 10,000usd for a prewedding. http://kedaz.zenfolio.com/the-journey-of-love are there any local photographers who have reached that kind of level?
    Saw their portfolio and i know that Malaysia got one bridal shop: Enya Marine can take quite good prewedding photos. They typically charge around RM10k and above. Definitely cheaper than USD10k....hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by hlwong View Post
    Saw their portfolio and i know that Malaysia got one bridal shop: Enya Marine can take quite good prewedding photos. They typically charge around RM10k and above. Definitely cheaper than USD10k....hahaha
    oh wow they do have some rlly nice photos. and if im not wrong, kedaz should be from malaysia too :P

Hi all

I do wedding videography as freelance since 2011 while having a day job in professional line.
    Became very passionate in videography, hence, decided to quit my day job to focus on videography & video editing job.
    Looking forward to collaborate with any of you here

www.seven17films.com

wow .. so much interesting chat .. hahaha .. need to catch up.
    "... Simplicity is in the pictures ... Diversity are in their stories ... "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast