Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freelancers Chit Chat Thread

Default Freelancers Chit Chat Thread

Hello everyone,

Inviting all the freelancers here to come and chit chat anything under the sun.

Lets start with a short intro of ourself before we begin, shell we?

My name is Benjamin Loo, had been in this industry for many many years, done commercial photography, wedding photography and portrait photography, currently focusing on stock photography, btw, I'm a exclusive contributor of iStock.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Re: Freelancers Chit Chat Thread

Hi everyone,
    My name is John Fabian. I am a freelance Professional Photographer and videographer. Now mainly focusing on wedding works. My spare time circles around private events.

Thanks to Benjamin for notifying and inviting me to this thread.
    Last edited by uboat51; 29th June 2015 at 01:12 PM.
    "... Simplicity is in the pictures ... Diversity are in their stories ... "

Hello

I'm Horng Lit. Start to do freelance photography in about 3 years ago. Mainly covering AD, ROM and events. If you guys interested to view my portfolio, you may go to: www.hornglitphotography.com

Hope to have some collaboration opportunities with everyone. It is always better to make more friends than enemies in every business industry

Thumbs up Re: Freelancers Chit Chat Thread

Clive here, been in weddings & events as a professional, for more then 5 years (Photography & Videography & Design). As for this few years, I will be getting into food, products of corporate agenda. Only 2 years ago, I started to create my own photography company, naming it Chicachic Concept.

Hello all!
    A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back @ u♥

I mainly shoot boring products but occasionally models just for distraction.

Here's a distraction:

Hey there!
    Zee here. Mingle around with photo/videography back in my school days, and ever since, its still interest me. Started covering weddings photo/video mostly during my weekends. nice meeting you guys here.

Nice photo!
    A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back @ u♥

Thank you so much for check this thread out, and nice to meet everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I mainly shoot boring products but occasionally models just for distraction.

Here's a distraction:

I know you are very good in distraction. kekekekekekek

Hi all!

I am Dennis Lee, been lurking around this forum for more than 10 years (although my registered date is 2009 but this is my second account as first was banned previously).

I only started doing freelance pre wedding shoot a few years back and I believe I am the most inactive freelancer here

Anyway I still take up pre wedding jobs as long as the couple is willing to pay me enough and also fits my schedule (I can only shoot during weekends since I got a day job).

Great to see many freelancers over the years slowly switching to full time... for me it is tough due to many financial commitments. So for those courageous ones, brave on and believe in what you do!
    Last edited by sinned79; 29th June 2015 at 01:58 PM.

So many call me RedEye, even if they see me or meet me on the street but my real name is Calvin

I do photography and videography (btw, videography is not really a word in the dictionary... yet, right word is video filming, i'm just being cheeky giving this explanation )

I'm active in shooting the industrial field, corporate, weddings and events.

You can check out my 2 pages:

RedEye Productions
    RedEye Heartfelt Moments

I do have a hobby page where I post some street shoots, mobile photography and everything else that I fancy

RedEye On The Street

It's good to network, hopefully we get a lot of positive results out of this.

Hi Freelancers,

I am Peter Cheng, been in my own photography world for more than 20 years. I have never get paid for any events but taken a lot of office & old school events and relatives wedding photo shoots. Learn and improve over years. Only very recently managed to get a part time opportunity with a studio took some photos for them and first time get paid for work. I am retired from Logistic IT Industry and would like to keep my hobby and looking for other freelancers to invite me to share their work load either in photo taking or photo editing. With your critiques then I can improve faster and to meet my own ego to be a better photographer.

I have no plan to go into this line to make my living, but like to continue to work in this line to work and learn. If any one need a part time helper please drop me a line. Thank you.

Thank you catchlights to create this opportunity for me.
    Last edited by pchengws; 29th June 2015 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks everyone for dropping by.

Just a clarification on the word "Freelancer", taken from dictionary.com

a person who works as a writer, designer, performer, or the like, selling work or services by the hour, day, job, etc., rather than working on a regular salary basis for one employer.

so by this definition, whether you work as full time or part-time, so long you are not under payroll, you are consider as Freelancer.

of course, we don't restrict to Freelancer only, everyone is welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I know you are very good in distraction. kekekekekekek
    Last week's distraction if distraction is what you want:

Unfortunately shooting distractions is only TFCD and it won't bring in the money.
    Last edited by Sion; 29th June 2015 at 05:06 PM.

Hi Guys I am wahid as Wahid photography SG
    http://vavoomphoto.wordpress.com/

I am freelance photog mostly on events and basic products. I use to work in a darkroom doing large prints. Later moved to art and animation before coming back to photo work.

Wahid
    Cheers

Unfortunately shooting distractions is only TFCD and it won't bring in the money.
    Offering TFCD of course won't bring in the money, it is strange to see that is listed as part of the services photographers offered.

however, maybe you can consider monetize your speciality in this area by selling an eBook, probably series of eBooks?

Blog Entries

Hi everyone, Jimmy here. I turned my photography hobby into a full time job and after that went on to learn video. I have been doing this for the past 2 years and i do mostly weddings.

I've also experimented with quite a few different video rigs, steadicam merlin, glidecam, shoulder rig DJI Ronin and now i am currently using a Ronin-M so if you have any enquiries about video stabilizers feel free to ask me, I will try my best to help you.

Hi all,

Thanks catchlight for the invite.
    Kevin here, with more than 6 years in the wedding & portraits industry.
    Looking for reputable videographers / cinematographers, as market now very interested to have both packaged into one.

Anybody interested do kindly drop me a line.
    And my portfolio btw can be found at www.kevinho-photography.com.

Blog Entries

In case you didn't know, there are many photographers who are willing to fork out quite a bit to shoot the type of subjects depicted here.....the more interesting/ distracting the subject matter, the higher the returns. You could consider hooking up and becoming an OKT.....aka orkui-nizer......huat arh!!!.
    Last edited by Zenten; 29th June 2015 at 08:30 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Offering TFCD of course won't bring in the money, it is strange to see that is listed as part of the services photographers offered.

however, maybe you can consider monetize your speciality in this area by selling an eBook, probably series of eBooks?
    TFCD cannot be a service. It's an "exchange".

Sometimes you get more than what you exchange.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast