Thread: 2G, 3G, LTE, 4G.....

Default 2G, 3G, LTE, 4G.....

Will phone with 2G SIM card slot be obsolete?

Can 3G SIM card use slot meant for 2G.. as many dual SIM slots come with GSM and 3G ..

Can someone help.. as I intend to buy phone that comes with GSM and 3G dual SIM..
    Last edited by Yappy; 23rd June 2015 at 12:10 PM.

Default Re: 2G, 3G, LTE, 4G.....

Can still be use, just can't access 3G network. Same 3G sim can be use on LTE/4G slot.
    Some still use the older 2G phone for reservist. Or when entering places which don't allow camera phone, eg external contractor enter higher security places etc.

Default Re: 2G, 3G, LTE, 4G.....

Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    Can still be use, just can't access 3G network. Same 3G sim can be use on LTE/4G slot.
    Some still use the older 2G phone for reservist. Or when entering places which don't allow camera phone, eg external contractor enter higher security places etc.
    Thanks. Come 2017 when they discontinue 2G what will be the implication?

Can I say that phone with e.g. 2G and 3G(dual SIM), the slot with 2G becomes useless? So dual SIM becomes single SIM?

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

Thanks. Come 2017 when they discontinue 2G what will be the implication?

Can I say that phone with e.g. 2G and 3G(dual SIM), the slot with 2G becomes useless? So dual SIM becomes single SIM?
    Guess so as no more 2G network to connect to. News did mention users may have to switch to 3G phone.
    Can only use for overseas if the country u visiting still support 2G.

But by then maybe some (or most) existing 3G/4G users have already change their phone. Some can change phone every few months