Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying from buy/sell section.

Default buying from buy/sell section.

Is it a an unwritten rule here in this forum that when you ask to vuew an item you are compulsory to buy from the seller? If not it would be deem to be an bad experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Chung View Post
    Is it a an unwritten rule here in this forum that when you ask to vuew an item you are compulsory to buy from the seller? If not it would be deem to be an bad experience?
    It is actually not, but would u mind sharing your experiences in details to us?

Blog Entries

Default Re: buying from buy/sell section.

It is not compulsory. But do let the seller know you may not buy from the start, so the seller will not reserve for you if you have not decided yet. It is basic courtesy.

It's called common courtesy to let the seller know you are not sure from the start. I did tell the seller of a camera that I purchased last Friday that if he is okay with it, I'd like to do a no obligation inspection first. And of course if helps that instead of making the seller go to a common place you go to the seller's place.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    It's called common courtesy to let the seller know you are not sure from the start. I did tell the seller of a camera that I purchased last Friday that if he is okay with it, I'd like to do a no obligation inspection first. And of course if helps that instead of making the seller go to a common place you go to the seller's place.

agree with u on the last sentence.
    if a buyer asked me to go to his place and he check in the end never buy I also not happy mah,that's why he should give us the detailed incident.
    on a side note,if unsure on whether want to buy or not,then better don't view. View only when u intends to buy imo.
    Last edited by Turbonetics; 21st June 2015 at 10:33 PM.

Buy Sell etiquette:

Meet at seller's location.

Don't waste people's time.

Don't do last minute negotiation after you agreed on a price UNLESS you found something obviously different or lacking from stated/discussed condition.

IT IS FINE not to buy after you seen the item, perfectly normal, ESPECIALLY if seller fraudulently misrepresented the sales.

Simply, dont be an S-whole.

Then there are a bunch of people who are so ficklemind that they PMed you to buy when you texted them they changed their mind, some dont even have the courtesy to reply, absolutely bad form bad manners bad upbringing, at least never trick you to meet and never show up those are even worst.

carousel buyers all even worst. MIA for days and only reply with one word. Unbelievable stunned.

Not just this forum, but any platform that deals with second-hand sales. It's one thing to ask to view with the intent of purchasing. You know you want the item, but you just want to view to verify that the condition was correctly represented by the seller. It's another to browse without the intent of purchasing. Individual sellers aren't operating shops that facilitate browsing. If you need to browse, got to a shop/showroom. Got detailed questions? Check it out online or ask a salesman.

Whatever it is, it's a good policy to always state your intent up front to avoid misunderstanding. Let the other party have the chance to accept/reject your request before anyone's time is wasted. No hard feelings.

Just state: "I would like to view the item, but may not buy it". If the seller is willing to accommodate a no-obligations browsing at his/her convenience, then why not. Willing buyer/seller. But unless it's a low demand item, chances are they'll rather deal with a 'confirmed' buyer than a browser. Put yourself in the seller's shoes.

Basically there are no such a thing in Clubsnap that when you ask to view an item, you would need to buy it. As other had mentioned, it is basic courtesy that you make your intention known before the meet up.

Second, it would also be basic courtesy that, any party (be it seller or buyer) be puncture and not to be late.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

It's really depend on luck. I have experienced to go to seller place 'Punggol' area, in the end that fellow don't even take up my call after I reached his block. Something equipment posted too cheap to be true, check his past posting before heading down to buy.

Something you will encounter weird buyer, while testing the lens, he intentionally try to take your photo. I think it's very impolite to point the camera at others. Want to take just say lor! Hate to see those sneaky action! lol

From my own point of view, i won't buy from the seller if they consider item sold to "viewer/tester". I believe all buyers will want to ensure item they buying are in condition as deem in the forum post. Don't expect buyer to buy item seller claim item to be Mint 10/10 but actual is 1/10.

right now I make very clear that I am inspecting the item first..normally there are many of the same item on sale with different condition and price. I thin it is very common to take a look t the item first before committing..

I come across many buyers who think they money is damn big. Take your item and cast you a slighted look like you stole the items. Attitude is really bad. I can't fault any sellers for not taking any sellers seriously. I have come across both good and nasty people and remind myself that my conduct is very important regardless whether I am buying and selling. The world is a small place and you never know if you will meet again.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Blog Entries

right now I make very clear that I am inspecting the item first..normally there are many of the same item on sale with different condition and price. I thin it is very common to take a look t the item first before committing..
    This is fair. But it goes both ways, so in the same logic, seller can sell to someone else before you get to inspect the item... first come first serve. No reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    I come across many buyers who think they money is damn big. Take your item and cast you a slighted look like you stole the items. Attitude is really bad. I can't fault any sellers for not taking any sellers seriously. I have come across both good and nasty people and remind myself that my conduct is very important regardless whether I am buying and selling. The world is a small place and you never know if you will meet again.
    agree.. I bought a lens from this guy and few weeks later he has another lens for same n I message but never reply me. He must be thinking that I want to complain about the previous lens that I bought from him..hahahaha

Digressing bit, would the Lemon Law cover B&S transactions?
    I know the Lemon Law covers second hand goods but I was also told consumer to consumer transactions are not covered. Can someone clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Digressing bit, would the Lemon Law cover B&S transactions?
    I know the Lemon Law covers second hand goods but I was also told consumer to consumer transactions are not covered. Can someone clarify?
    According Case website (and many others): Lemon Law covers transactions between consumers and retailers / distributors / manufacturers - depending on the actual contract. It is a consumer protection act, aiming to strengthen the right of consumers when facing issues with retailers.
    Transactions between private parties (eg here on Buy & Sell) are not covered by the Lemon Law.
    (In case you find a retailer offering items in Buy & Sell please help us by reporting the posting.)
    EOS

Some says it's condition 10 but you'll see a gash that indicates it has been dropped. What to do? Tough luck.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
    Some says it's condition 10 but you'll see a gash that indicates it has been dropped. What to do? Tough luck.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Just say Thank you, bye bye and walk away...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast