Thread: CF card problem

Default CF card problem

Bought new Lexar card 1G 3 weeks ago from East Gear and had used it two times w/o problem. However, today midway throught my shoot camera suddenly stop working andupon further examination found this msg ''card cannot be use''. I reformat it but to no avail. Hope you experts can advice me what to do next. This incident not only wipe out all my entire pics and what distresses me is Its a brand new card. Pls advice.

Default Re: CF card problem

Got it change from 'Éast Gear'. It seem that the Lexar CF not that stable in Nikon cam, anyway change to Kingston and after that the rest is history. Upz for East Gear, good and fast service, automatic refund and top up $10 to get the Ultra. Works very well with Nikon.

Strange... Lexar not stable with Nikon cameras?

Nikon cameras have Write Acceleration which are only compatible with Lexar cards, and this speeds up the read/write speeds of the Lexars.

Maybe the card you got was defective. I have used Lexar CF cards on my Nikons and never had any problems with them. I had some problems with the Kingston 4Gb's formatting until I managed to track the problem to the cluster size. Read about it here.

I am using a Canon 300D, any CF / MD to recommend? Any brand is problematic with Canon DSLR?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tahoo
    I am using a Canon 300D, any CF / MD to recommend? Any brand is problematic with Canon DSLR?

Thanks
    Lexar pro 80x use to have some prob with 350D but seem to have been settle already... Some of the better brands of CF are sandisk, lexar and kingston....

i only trust sandisk.

i had 2 diff lexar card failed during a shoot.... all images lost.

What about the size of the card, is it better to get 2 X 512 MB card, then a 1 GB card? Any advice?

How about Microdrive? I heard from this forum about its slowness and battery "hungry". Any comment?

2 x 512MB or 1 x 1GB card...really depends on the resolution of the camera. You don't want to keep changing cards throughout the shooting session, right?

Some people prefer to stick by the maxim "don't put all your eggs in one basket", while others swear by sticking to one large-capacity card. I for one stick to 2 x 1GB cards since I don't have to change cards even after one full day of fine-JPEG shoot.

I just bought my Lexar 80X cards also when I purchased the D2X about 2 months back. Today my D2X had gone through about 8000 shots and so far so good, no problems with my Lexar cards. I heard from a friend of mine that he faced a similar problem as what kenele had experienced and he had been using the same Lexar card on his EOS 1D MkII since he purchased the camera when it was first launched.

kenele, this is what my friend did. First do a retrieval of all the images on the card using the Image Rescue software supplied with your card. Format the card with Image Rescue and pluck the card back into your camera. Next format the card again in your camera. It may work this time round.