Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MERS coming close to Singapore

Default MERS coming close to Singapore

And what our health minister say?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/....html?cid=fbsg

*face palm*
    Last edited by sinned79; 19th June 2015 at 09:43 PM.

Default Re: MERS coming close to Singapore

We don't paid top $ to our health minister for him to be an alarmist.

It's best he behaves like MERS is something never happens and will not happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    We don't paid top $ to our health minister for him to be an alarmist.

It's best he behaves like MERS is something never happens and will not happen here.

At least post a (sarcasm) at the end so people know what you really mean...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    At least post a (sarcasm) at the end so people know what you really mean...
    It's supposed to be profound, intellectually challenging and out-of-the-box.

"Asked about Thailand's first case of MERS, Mr Gan indicated there will be no temperature screening at airports for air passengers arriving from Thailand for now."

dio liao then say mentality.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    And what our health minister say?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/....html?cid=fbsg

*face palm*
    Let's see, if he shuts down Singapore, forces any with potential MERS to visit TTSH, we will see another set of whiners..
    Do you really want to see the same measures instituted during SARS right now ?
    Did you live through the horrors, fears and death? It was a terrible time, and it's not easy for a leader to decide what's best.
    Kudos to the last health minister for making the call to clamp down, but it really disrupts lives and it's a damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation bro..

Be vigilant, it's up to the individual to take our own precautions too, instead of relying on and blaming the government for everything.

Cheers
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Don't worry, Ah Bui says he can cure anything.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asi...-sars-20150620
    Yes, his cure is a bullet to the head. Cures the population from the disease. It also helps against diverging opinions and other misaligned thoughts.
    EOS

Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post

We know... cause it happens in Apr last year.

With hugh amount of passengers using Changi on any given day... I agree with the Minister of Health that SG will kena MERS sooner or later... much like we have a chance of kena-ing SARS again... and/or any of the ten of thousands infectious diseases around the world...

More importantly... is are we prepared for it... or still hiding our heads in the sands.

PS... a colleague of mine kena tuberculosis (TB) after a trip to Indonesia... now is thin like a holocaust survivor... but on the road of recovery. Did anyone think that just because tuberculosis hasn't been mentioned for a long time meant we won't get it anymore ??

Buy the N95 masks now...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Be vigilant, it's up to the individual to take our own precautions too, instead of relying on and blaming the government for everything.
    Maybe a good idea to stay away from Kopitiam for a few days.

We know... cause it happens in Apr last year. With hugh amount of passengers using Changi on any given day... I agree with the Minister of Health that SG will kena MERS sooner or later... much like we have a chance of kena-ing SARS again... and/or any of the ten of thousands infectious diseases around the world... More importantly... is are we prepared for it... or still hiding our heads in the sands. PS... a colleague of mine kena tuberculosis (TB) after a trip to Indonesia... now is thin like a holocaust survivor... but on the road of recovery. Did anyone think that just because tuberculosis hasn't been mentioned for a long time meant we won't get it anymore ??

I kind of suspect that the MERS may already had in SG. The gahment might contained it as not to panic the citizens.

Think of it. It hit Msia last year April. Why we dont hv any single case and there are so many msians moving across our boder.

Quote Originally Posted by junction88 View Post
    I kind of suspect that the MERS may already had in SG. The gahment might contained it as not to panic the citizens.

Think of it. It hit Msia last year April. Why we dont hv any single case and there are so many msians moving across our boder.

Because unlike SARS... MERS may not be airborne yet

But I doubt the authorities will 'Cover Up' something like this... you can't quarantin large amount of people who has contect with patient 'Zero' without people noticing... look at Bangkok, Thailand... one middle eastern patient kena... over 175 is exposed amd is quarantined... you think if same thing happened here... authority could do the sa me to over 100 people and no one would said anything... ??

But I doubt the authorities will 'Cover Up' something like this... you can't quarantin large amount of people who has contect with patient 'Zero' without people noticing... look at Bangkok, Thailand... one middle eastern patient kena... over 175 is exposed amd is quarantined... you think if same thing happened here... authority could do the sa me to over 100 people and no one would said anything... ??
    Cover up is not on the cards, it will only make things worse.
    And I can tell you with some certainty that it's not here ... yet...

Don't anyhow spread fear and allegations.

Wait u kena sue.

Blog Entries

........only 100 meh?.......maybe because they can't afford to quarantine people by train load .................time to dig out the N95 masks....................
    Last edited by Zenten; 22nd June 2015 at 11:03 AM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    ........only 100 meh?.......maybe because they can't afford to quarantine people by train load .................time to dig out the N95 masks....................

Most nation also cannot "quarantine people by train load"... and we are talking about a cover up of about over a 100 person and no one is talking about it... NOT, do WE, have the will, space or money to do so...

MERS will come to our shore just like gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia etc. brought by the pleasure seekers and sinners.

Keep your mind and body healthy and pure and you'll be safe guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast