Thread: 10D good enough for wallpaper?

Default 10D good enough for wallpaper?

Doing some wallpapers or murals....size could be quite big.....wonder if my 10D 6 MP enough or not....

Default Re: 10D good enough for wallpaper?

How big is big? I printed a 60" by 40" poster from my 300D shot in JPEG. I think shooting in RAW and converting to TIFF would give you better results IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by n0d3
    How big is big? I printed a 60" by 40" poster from my 300D shot in JPEG. I think shooting in RAW and converting to TIFF would give you better results IIRC.
    how big....hard to say....could be those giant posters u see at fashion boutique....maybe taller than a man....its meant to be used as wallpaper.....

I managed to print out a 3x2m banner before. From normal viewing distance it's actually still pretty good. Just don't expect it to be silky smooth if you go near.
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    I managed to print out a 3x2m banner before. From normal viewing distance it's actually still pretty good. Just don't expect it to be silky smooth if you go near.
    100% agreed

A digital print done at 75 dpi is good enough if you are printing big. It is a misconception that prints have to be printed at 300 dpi in order for it to be effective. Do not expect good quality if you are printing from a 10D file and viewing up close but should be very adequate if viewed from far.

Quote Originally Posted by kensh09
    Doing some wallpapers or murals....size could be quite big.....wonder if my 10D 6 MP enough or not....
    Stitch a few photos together to get the higher resolution you need? 5 photos on tripod will yield you a 14 - 15 effective mp pic quite easily. Just some ps work involved.

PS - I have shot and developed 2m x 1.5 m pic with a single 300D raw file. It works easily as a wall paper but it need to be absolutely sharp & well exposed image to start with.

For best results, shoot in RAW and convert to TIFF 16bit and in photoshop, select your printing dimensions. (the dpi will change but that's nth to worry about)
    eat. drink. shoot