Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: budget black leather shoes besides Bata's..

Default Re: budget black leather shoes besides Bata's..

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Not all shoes will last very long nowadays, even the expensive one, best is to know where you can find a good cobbler, he will make your shoes last longer.
    OT: can you recommend a good cobbler? i'm wondering if a cobbler can help prevent my soles from wearing out too soon.

yep, saf #3 shoos are the best! the sole is much more durable than their expensive counterparts....
    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Beetle bug from UK? Sure boh? I tot from SG? My female friends told me before. Their prettyfit card can be used at beetle bug for discounts. I got a pair for shoes and bag there. Design is not bad. When you go shopping at beetle bug, bring female friends.

Best is still SAF no.3. FOC!

http://www.prettyfit.com.sg/webtop/frame_aboutus.htm
    http://www.beetlebug.com.sg/webtop/

I'm afbug!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Beetle bug from UK? Sure boh? I tot from SG? My female friends told me before. Their prettyfit card can be used at beetle bug for discounts. I got a pair for shoes and bag there. Design is not bad. When you go shopping at beetle bug, bring female friends.

Best is still SAF no.3. FOC!

http://www.prettyfit.com.sg/webtop/frame_aboutus.htm
    http://www.beetlebug.com.sg/webtop/

I'm afbug!

beetle bug is a local company.

Can consider Scholl....

Quote Originally Posted by yaoxing
    Can consider Scholl....
    Hugo Boss better. Ahlo BUDGET $70 only...

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Hugo Boss better. Ahlo BUDGET $70 only...
    Ouch! ...... solly solly..... I didn't know Scholl shoes are always expensive. I only own one pair.....

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    My $40 bata leather shoes have lasted me since 2001 till now...
    same here ... my prev pair of black leather shoes lasted me 5 years .. .haha ... from 2000 to 2005 ... and it was from BATA ... haha ... sadly it 'opened mouth' last week ... after getting abused too many times

new pair also from BATA ... $50 ... pretty decent ... abit hard .. but should be fine once it's worn in lah ...

Heard Dr Martens shoes are very comfortable and durable. But you may need to top up your budget or wait till sales

Quote Originally Posted by freeworld
    Heard Dr Martens shoes are very comfortable and durable. But you may need to top up your budget or wait till sales
    i concur!

I went to check out Dr. Mart shoes but they were too ex! lol! Hmm...I think I won't go with Bata shoes...had bad experience with it...maybe it's the user ba...keke...I ended up buying one Valentino at $29 and it's too big, no shoelaces and the back of my right foot hurt at the end of the day cuz it rubbed against the shoes! I mean the shoes rubbed against it! Left foot bigger so it fitted still pretty okay...overall, I wasted $29!!

Scholl's are ex man! lol!

I think I'll go check out Beetle Bug and Domanchi! haha...so many recommendations for Beetle Bug! heh...but can it go with black pants and long sleeve shirt? heh...go with blazers? hehe..questions again...hope you guys can help me before I make my trip down and get disappointed...keke...

thanks for all of you who have replied so far! heh...

i think Hush Puppies shoes are rather comfortable, and the price range is pretty wide, just get the lower end range

my bro recommended but the cheapest is something like $120+...

Quote Originally Posted by lemontree
    my bro recommended but the cheapest is something like $120+...
    can't be, my current pair for working is only around $60++ ... but that was during the Metro Sale when i bought them maybe check out if John Little carries the brand as well since they having a sale now

Quote Originally Posted by lemontree
    I went to check out Dr. Mart shoes but they were too ex! lol! Hmm...I think I won't go with Bata shoes...had bad experience with it...maybe it's the user ba...keke...I ended up buying one Valentino at $29 and it's too big, no shoelaces and the back of my right foot hurt at the end of the day cuz it rubbed against the shoes! I mean the shoes rubbed against it! Left foot bigger so it fitted still pretty okay...overall, I wasted $29!!

Scholl's are ex man! lol!

I think I'll go check out Beetle Bug and Domanchi! haha...so many recommendations for Beetle Bug! heh...but can it go with black pants and long sleeve shirt? heh...go with blazers? hehe..questions again...hope you guys can help me before I make my trip down and get disappointed...keke...

thanks for all of you who have replied so far! heh...
    Since you mentioned Scholl...there is a sale going on now.
    check out this link
    http://www.salegala.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

My last 3 pairs of Bata shoes had their joint between the heel and the bridge torn apart! 3 different models! The last pair lasted less than 3 weeks. I really wonder about their quality these days. Be it $19.90 or $39.90, no more BATA shoes for me.

Maybe you can consider Catapillar? Its really durable, comfy but heavy though. I think they may cost around $80++? Anyone can help verify?

Quote Originally Posted by Magix88
    My last 3 pairs of Bata shoes had their joint between the heel and the bridge torn apart!
    Sure your feet are not growing?

definitely not. It has remained as this size since 12-15 years ago. Maybe its my weight? But then again, I still choose to believe its the build quality and durability of the soles of the shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Sure your feet are not growing?

the best leather shoes that meet your budget would be no. 3 shoes from emart. If you have not served NS before, get someone to buy it for you. It is $40 per pair. cheap like hell and quality is good.

but if you ask me for my frank opinion, I would say save a bit more and get a pair of Clarks. Trust me you will not regret it.

and here's what I think of the various brands I have worn before:

Bata - seriously? don't waste your money. I have bought the most expensive range on the rack (I think close to $100) thinking bata shoes can't be that bad ... and just 1 week later, the insole gave way (glue melted). ok they fixed it for me, but 1 month later, the outer leather strip around the shoe loosened off. and by the way, the insole gave way again some time later.

Fifth avenue / Hush puppies - tight fit, not flexible enough for my liking. i may be wrong, but asian feet just don't go well with american shoes.

Timberland (casual leather) - cosy fit, but extremely inflexible. I think Timberland shoes were designed for the outdoors, in every sense of the word. Get plasters ready if you intend to wear these to work.

Everbest / Scholl - good shoes, but the shoe tongue is not very well placed and hurts my legs when I walk.

Clarks - the best I have worn, and the most expensive shoes I ever bought. I have worn through 3 pairs of clarks shoes over the past 10 years, and they have always been my favourite shoes to wear even for overseas business trips! Just make sure you try them out to find the fit you like before you buy.

SAF No.3 shoes - ahhhh ... these shoes are comfortable, and strangely enough, the finishing of the shoes differ depending on the size you wear. There is one particular size (I think it is size 8) that looks very good .. not too shiny, and has soft fabric inside the shoe wall. Very comfy ... and they are damn cheap too.

I saw Everbest at suntec having sales too. not sure if it is still on.. $79 for 2 pairs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12