Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: budget black leather shoes besides Bata's..

Unhappy budget black leather shoes besides Bata's..

Hi guys, does anyone of you know where I can buy a pair of black leather shoes?

I am looking for:

1. Price range around $70
    2. Good for walking as I am working as a video cameraman and photographer in my church
    3. also looks good enough to go for wedding functions
    4. durable

My brother has recommended Hush Puppies but the price is like $150+ and I can't afford it. He recommended Bata after that but everyone knows what Bata stands for, "Buy And Throw Away". Bata. -_-"'

Haha! And it's true la...their shoes never last. Telling by experience here.

I would be really grateful if anyone can suggest a place or a brand I can get and hopefully, you'll be suggesting by your own experience or that of someone close to you.

By the way, I'm staying in Woodlands area.

Thank you! Thank you! Arigato! Thanks!

Deregistered

Default Re: budget black leather shoes besides Bata's..

how about the SAF No3 shoes?

use Emart credit to buy.

oh dear... I'm not in NS yet...thanks anyway, Mark.

I am wearing the SAF Gore-Tex shoe ..

$108 plus $25 zipper made at beach road ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by lemontree

Are you going to test the shoes by walking home from town?

Before pennisular plaza a few shop selling shoe which are cheap. For $70 can buy 2 liao and still got enough to eat lunch. Try all the ex shoe like Hush puppies also don't last throw away very wasted. Now can change every half a year also not heart pain.

haha! No way man! lol! I thought it would be good if someone knows of any place in Woodlands where I can find what I want...hee...

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Before pennisular plaza a few shop selling shoe which are cheap. For $70 can buy 2 liao and still got enough to eat lunch. Try all the ex shoe like Hush puppies also don't last throw away very wasted. Now can change every half a year also not heart pain.
    Oh? Have you gotten yourself any black leather shoes from anywhere there before? Is it good? What brand? sorry so many questions...

Oh? Have you gotten yourself any black leather shoes from anywhere there before? Is it good? What brand? sorry so many questions...
    Got 2 there and still wearing, not branded one.Usually they will put big big sign $19.90 or $29.90. Not pure leather shoes. (pure leather very hard to wear) already 8mth liao, time to change.(design and colour)

Go take a look first la.

Not all shoes will last very long nowadays, even the expensive one, best is to know where you can find a good cobbler, he will make your shoes last longer.

I am looking for:

2. Good for walking as I am working as a video cameraman and photographer in my church
    4. durable

My brother has recommended Hush Puppies but the price is like $150+ and I can't afford it. He recommended Bata after that but everyone knows what Bata stands for, "Buy And Throw Away". Bata. -_-"'

I would be really grateful if anyone can suggest a place or a brand I can get and hopefully, you'll be suggesting by your own experience or that of someone close to you.

Okay, I'm not sure about Woodlands area, but you can try Bugis. Parco Shopping area, 2nd floor, there is a shoe shop that sells men and ladies shoe, from UK, it's called 'Beetle Bug', and the price is quite okay too.... you can even get 15% discount if you make payment using UOB mini card, well, 30% discount for ladies who pay by UOB mini.

I bought my wedding shoe there, and I just bought another working shoe last night, less than $60. Good.

wow thanks man! arigato!!!!! Taken into consideration liao! I think I'll go down to scout in a while...heh...anyone of you have other recommendations do drop a note here.

I actually went to yahoo auctions to see and some are selling shoes never worn before...duno if it's genuinely never been worn...haha...scared later dirty or something...

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Not all shoes will last very long nowadays, even the expensive one, best is to know where you can find a good cobbler, he will make your shoes last longer.
    oh okay! I have one pair by Polo and it's damaged..brought to cobbler and they said like usually doctors would after an operation...."Sorry..I have done my best liao..." and the shoes are beyond repair....so sad! I bought it for $79 leh!! haiz...I think it's the shoes and not the cobbler la...sianz..

Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Okay, I'm not sure about Woodlands area, but you can try Bugis. Parco Shopping area, 2nd floor, there is a shoe shop that sells men and ladies shoe, from UK, it's called 'Beetle Bug', and the price is quite okay too.... you can even get 15% discount if you make payment using UOB mini card, well, 30% discount for ladies who pay by UOB mini.

I bought my wedding shoe there, and I just bought another working shoe last night, less than $60. Good.
    Wow! Is the wedding shoes less than $50? Mum only gave me $50 man! a bit ngiao...haha...oOps! but bo bian...

wow thanks man! arigato!!!!! Taken into consideration liao! I think I'll go down to scout in a while...heh...anyone of you have other recommendations do drop a note here.

I actually went to yahoo auctions to see and some are selling shoes never worn before...duno if it's genuinely never been worn...haha...scared later dirty or something...
    Eh... I think best not buy from ebay or Yahoo auction if you are talking about shoes... you never know what you are getting... HK feet disease....

Wow! Is the wedding shoes less than $50? Mum only gave me $50 man! a bit ngiao...haha...oOps! but bo bian...
    Less than $50...? A bit hard lah.... top up a bit lah....

The design and quality of the shoe is worth the price lah.... go and take a look lor..

How about Domanchi at Bugis Junction. For $75 can get a very good looking leather shoe.

I am wearing Beetle Bug now and I can say that its durable, comfortable, fits well and last but not least...Stylo Mannnnn!!!!!

I am looking for:

4. durable

My $40 bata leather shoes have lasted me since 2001 till now...
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by kevyan

Beetle bug from UK? Sure boh? I tot from SG? My female friends told me before. Their prettyfit card can be used at beetle bug for discounts. I got a pair for shoes and bag there. Design is not bad. When you go shopping at beetle bug, bring female friends.

Best is still SAF no.3. FOC!

http://www.prettyfit.com.sg/webtop/frame_aboutus.htm
    http://www.beetlebug.com.sg/webtop/

I'm afbug!
    Last edited by afbug; 23rd September 2005 at 08:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast