Dear fellow members,
I need the advice on which new digicam to buy. My criteria are:
1) I need at least 4MP and above. I am not really entice by 6 or 8 MP or more though those are small plus
2) I need good battery live – at least 200 photo based on standard test method. If using AA, it is even better but not a must
3) I need optical zoom of 3x. Any more is a small plus
4) I need SD or MMC or CF. The others too expensive or capacity is not large enough (eg, SD can get 1GB and Memory stick cannot)
5) I need video – at least VCD quality at 30fps, though the 640x480x30fps is a BIG plus as I stop carrying my video cam around
6) My greatest need is – speed!! My children are very very restless so I need speed to snap quickly
7) Image stabilizer – I need those REAL one, not DSP type. My hands are not so steady and I do indoor shot a lot
8) I do a lot of indoor shots – birthday’s, gathering, celebration. Once in a while outdoor. Primarily people – so no need macro or stitching or those advance function – with them are small plus
9) Budget – less than $800. I do not want any digital SLR or any TIFF output. Too expensive and big. This is a NEED
10) Size – smaller better. Too big I will tend to not carry with me. Pocketable is a plus
I am currently looking at Lumix FZ5 and FX9, but heard that at ISO 400 the picture has noise.
Any other to recommend that can at least satisfy the NEEDs above?
Thanks a lot!