Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clubsnapper's review: Fuji 602z

Originally posted by wiz

mpenza, which is better vivitar 285HV or Metz 32Z-1 ??
    maybe time for me to get a flash....
    The 285HV is more powerful while the 32Z1 can swivel. You have to decide which one is more important for you. The 285HV is also cheaper and heavier.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by kristlbel
    darn. now i'm interested to get this cam.
    You know you want it...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Wow u guys shld get commission from fuji str8 for the promo.......

hehe....im one of those who after reading decided on ur suggestions.....

Originally posted by Revo
    Wow u guys shld get commission from fuji str8 for the promo.......

hehe....im one of those who after reading decided on ur suggestions.....

Welcome!
    --

am I too late? A previous s602z owner adding in something....

I agree with all the opinions of the sGozzers who contributed, seems like our likes and discontentment are more or less the same. But there's something I'd like to point out. Although s602z does not have a AF-assist lamp, and that the low-light AF seems to suck, I realise that at times, when the cam indicates that AF failed, it actually locked on AF correctly. I don't know how it works, maybe it will focus to the distance it thinks is the closest, yet can't confirm thus show AF failed. But if you snap anyway, and examine the pic on the PC, 80% of the time (for me) the pic is still focussed well, as long as you are further than the minimum focus distance.

Just my non-scientific input, don't know if it helps or not.

Originally posted by Tweek
    am I too late? A previous s602z owner adding in something....

I agree with all the opinions of the sGozzers who contributed, seems like our likes and discontentment are more or less the same. But there's something I'd like to point out. Although s602z does not have a AF-assist lamp, and that the low-light AF seems to suck, I realise that at times, when the cam indicates that AF failed, it actually locked on AF correctly. I don't know how it works, maybe it will focus to the distance it thinks is the closest, yet can't confirm thus show AF failed. But if you snap anyway, and examine the pic on the PC, 80% of the time (for me) the pic is still focussed well, as long as you are further than the minimum focus distance.

Just my non-scientific input, don't know if it helps or not.
    Yep...similar experience here, just that the percentage might be lower. About 60%?

However, it does help if you keep further away from the subject when in doubt as slight dfferences in focus might be compensated by the greater DOF. Then again...you will be forced to zoom in and the focusing ability reduces....catch 22 here..

Originally posted by Zerstorer
    However, it does help if you keep further away from the subject when in doubt as slight dfferences in focus might be compensated by the greater DOF. Then again...you will be forced to zoom in and the focusing ability reduces....catch 22 here..
    yes that's a good point too. Anyway just to relate my experience, I've taken a series of shots in a room with curtain drawn, only light is from the monitor. Took about 50 shots, of subjects about 1 to 2m away, full-wideangle. Turned out that 80% of the shots were sharp, altho the cam indicated AF failed.

Fuji digicams are supposed to focus at 2m when AF fails. My Finepix 2400 manual says to be 2m away from subject if AF fails. The 602 manual does not say so explicitly, but I think it behaves the same way.

What is the thread size of the lens adapter to get?

if you're getting Fuji telelens or wideangle converter, you get a 55-55mm adaptor free.

Originally posted by mpenza
    if you're getting Fuji telelens or wideangle converter, you get a 55-55mm adaptor free.
    wat is the price for wideangle converter now huh?

Fuji one? ~$200. Alan Photo ever quoted me $190 but that's before the launch of the S602Z.

How does Fuji FPS602Z fare in taking portrait shots? Anyone can tell me? Or better yet, got examples?

Originally posted by Gr|ever
    How does Fuji FPS602Z fare in taking portrait shots? Anyone can tell me? Or better yet, got examples?

Refer to this thread

Personally, i'm quite happy using the S602 for portraits.
    --

Oh thank u thank u... Very nice indeed! Too bad you shrinked the size. But why ah? I mean... many of us who have been to the motor show will already have their photos mah.

Anyway, anymore examples?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123