Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on 7d mark 1 upgrade from 650D

Default Re: Advice on 7d mark 1 upgrade from 650D

Quote Originally Posted by Mythmaker View Post
    I beg to differ. It really doesn't matter whether crop or FF is used even at night.

What matters is your noise reduction and details recovery techniques are solid.
    some how i am not agreeing to this, on my prespective/View FF are designed to handle noise better even in high ISO (eg Canon 6D , Nikon D750) , but in same note i agree Post prcessing will help to reduce/hide till some extend only.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post
    oh is that true?
    I have been trying a few software to clean the noise while retaining details,a few better ones even with high noise level still cannot maintain the details that iam after. If u have samples for before and after in original size,please show me. Not talking about stacking shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponraj Krish View Post
    some how i am not agreeing to this, on my prespective/View FF are designed to handle noise better even in high ISO (eg Canon 6D , Nikon D750) , but in same note i agree Post prcessing will help to reduce/hide till some extend only.
    Have you guys seen the milky way shots by Justin Ng? I'm not talking about those that are stacked, but those that are processed from a single RAW. He probably demonstrated the pinnacle of noise reduction techniques

Personally, I can spend around 30 to 40 mins in noise reduction alone... but I don't, because I have too much backlog to clear (I spend no more than 5 mins for noise reduction nowadays for non-macro ). I learnt how to properly denoise a photo through shooting insect macro, where a 30% to 50% crop is pretty common. Noise level is greatly magnified, and sloppy noise reduction won't get anywhere. Certainly won't get the amount of details required for a 2:1 or 3:1 macro shoot.

Also, I'm all for stacking shots to reduce noise levels. It's one of the techniques for noise reduction, and I don't see why it should be shunned. Just take a walk through the macro section in 500px. Do you think the macro shots like this or this were framed in-camera? Obviously no, an intelligent guess will be a 30% crop. Did he stack photos? It's quite an obvious yes. What was his gear? I happen to know it's a Canon 7D. And in the end, given the result, did it matter whether he was using a crop or a full frame in regards to noise level? If I didn't tell you it's a 7D, would you have guessed it's a full frame?

We are remembered by our images, not by how we achieved them. Whatever technique that works, is a good technique.
    Last edited by Mythmaker; 15th July 2015 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythmaker View Post
    Have you guys seen the milky way shots by Justin Ng? I'm not talking about those that are stacked, but those that are processed from a single RAW. He probably demonstrated the pinnacle of noise reduction techniques
    I have to say that Justin made it looks so easy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12