Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nikon 85mm f1.8G

Quote Originally Posted by canbedone View Post
    seem like non of nikon lenses are weather sealed, as i emailed nikon thats the reply i got
    That's completely wrong.

Default Re: nikon 85mm f1.8G

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    That's completely wrong.
    I was looking for nikon weather sealed lens but could not obtain the info from their website thus I emailed them i was surprise with their reply too, below is their reply

"Greetings from Nikon Singapore!

Thank you for contacting Nikon Singapore, please be informed that your enquiry has been forward to us and we shall assist you from now onwards.

With regards to your question “if Nikon 85mm f/1.8G and AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR are weather sealed?”, the answer is no. Nikon lenses are not weather sealed, but based on the feedbacks, they are able to manage splashes from water droplets. Our recommendation would be to minimize the exposure of the lenses to water in order to ensure proper functionality of it. Hope this helps.

Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you and have a nice day!"

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Looks a bit out of focus.
    Ha, ha, everyone's a critic...
    I can assure you the images are sharp on my 27" iMac.

To me focus was spot on.
    Loving it so much. This lens will stay on for a very long time, it will

Fpr those who might what to know about this lens, I do feel that the focus of 85mm F1.8G is not as fast and good as my kit lens 24-120mm F4

I do feel that the focus of 85mm F1.8G is not as fast and good as my kit lens 24-120mm F4
    what body u using may i ask?

I was looking for nikon weather sealed lens but could not obtain the info from their website thus I emailed them i was surprise with their reply too, below is their reply

"Greetings from Nikon Singapore!

Thank you for contacting Nikon Singapore, please be informed that your enquiry has been forward to us and we shall assist you from now onwards.

With regards to your question “if Nikon 85mm f/1.8G and AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR are weather sealed?”, the answer is no. Nikon lenses are not weather sealed, but based on the feedbacks, they are able to manage splashes from water droplets. Our recommendation would be to minimize the exposure of the lenses to water in order to ensure proper functionality of it. Hope this helps.

Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you and have a nice day!"
    even their trinity lenses 1424 2470 and 70200? can't be right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12