Thread: Back packs for mirrorless setup

Default Back packs for mirrorless setup

Anyone has a nice recommendation for backpacks for Fuji system?
    Looking for backpacks for traveling purpose.

Wish list
    - light, but must protect the gear
    - carry a body with a zoom and 2-3 primes, and a flash
    - carry tripod
    - carries a small laptop
    - maybe don't look too much like a camera bag

Most backpack are design for dslr so tends to be not too idea.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Back packs for mirrorless setup

Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    Most backpack are design for dslr so tends to be not too idea.
    Most bags allow you to adjust the inserts to fit different types of equipment. In addition, inserts can be purchased and added to offer additional compartments. So it doesn't matter how the maker labels the bag. Check whether it fits your list.
    Funan has several shops for bags, Orient Photo at Sim Lim has a good selection as well. Drop by, have a look and make your choice.
    EOS

i recently bought a backpack from Mindshift (Rotation 180 Panorama) and thought it is pretty decent coz it looks like a regular backpack but hides a waist pouch which is good enough with a Olympus EM1 + 12-40 mounted as well as a 25mm prime and a tablet, it does have enough storage in the regular bag area to put in stuff like snacks light jacket and has a tripod strap too, quite a few variety to choose from. Pretty comfy and has rain cover.

can't rem if it has a laptop slot but you can visit one of the shops at funan where it is stocked.

http://www.mindshiftgear.com/product...on180-panorama

I got mine from Funan, quite a lot of them there, but if you're willing to take the risk / know the shop owners, then SIM Lim is better..
    http://www.shimmeryphotography.com/ - Shimmery Wedding Photography And Videography In Singapore

Bought a Lowepro photo hatchback 16l in orange for a trip to Australia, carried a minimalist 3 lens set up. Rear access to gear compartment for extra security. It can carry an iPad in the front, not sure abt laptop though.

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Bought a Lowepro photo hatchback 16l in orange for a trip to Australia, carried a minimalist 3 lens set up. Rear access to gear compartment for extra security. It can carry an iPad in the front, not sure abt laptop though.
    How much did you buy the Lowepro one for?
    http://www.shimmeryphotography.com/ - Shimmery Wedding Photography And Videography In Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonwongjw View Post

How much did you buy the Lowepro one for?
    Abt $90 at SLRR. 22l was abt $20 more

Quote Originally Posted by iluvs90 View Post
    i recently bought a backpack from Mindshift (Rotation 180 Panorama) and thought it is pretty decent coz it looks like a regular backpack but hides a waist pouch which is good enough with a Olympus EM1 + 12-40 mounted as well as a 25mm prime and a tablet, it does have enough storage in the regular bag area to put in stuff like snacks light jacket and has a tripod strap too, quite a few variety to choose from. Pretty comfy and has rain cover.

can't rem if it has a laptop slot but you can visit one of the shops at funan where it is stocked.

http://www.mindshiftgear.com/product...on180-panorama
    Hmm interesting model. Didn't see this before.

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Hmm will check this out this weekend. One thing I don't like is the huge lowe pro name haha.
    Was using a vanguard uprise 46 years back. Sold if after I realize that it is probably too big for my current setup.