Thread: Angeniuex lens

Default Angeniuex lens

Anyone have any experience or comments on a brand of French lenses called Angeniuex? Heard they're right on top with leica and zeiss. Seen a couple on sale around peninsula plaza. Most are nikon mount.

the only Angeniuex lens i've heard of is the Tokina 28-70 f/2.6-2.8. it's supposed to be modelled after a Angeniuex lens...

Angenieux lenses are supposed to be top notch lenses on par with the best of the best, and that includes their prices.

In fact, Pierre Angenieux was the first to design retrofocus wide angle lenses for SLRs.

Read more here : http://www.mwclassic.com/articles/agenieux/ageniuex.htm

Tokina bought over Angeniuex long long ago. Their 28-70 f/2.6-2.8 ATX Pro is based on the Angenieux design.

Regards
    CK

Yes, they went out of the mainline in the early 70's.

Tokina at most bought over the designs, I believe. Angeniuex is still surviving, making optics for motion picture cameras and other applications.

As for Angeniuex 35mm lenses, I'm sure they're good, but the prices of them are really high... more for the collector, perhaps.

Originally posted by YSLee
    Tokina at most bought over the designs, I believe. Angeniuex is still surviving, making optics for motion picture cameras and other applications.

As for Angeniuex 35mm lenses, I'm sure they're good, but the prices of them are really high... more for the collector, perhaps.
    Yeah, by the time you pay the premium for a Angenieux 28-70mm f/2.6-2.8 you might as well cough out a bit more for the Nikon AFS 28-70mm f/2.8D ED-IF. I last saw a used Angenieux for like $1500.

Regards
    CK