Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Happening in Australia too but in smaller numbers:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-courses.html
    Last edited by Sion; 2nd June 2015 at 08:45 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Don't worry.

    We will welcome them with open arms!!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Don't worry.

    We will welcome them with open arms!!
    Haiz ....

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Don't worry.

    We will welcome them with open arms!!
    They are already hier.

    Many are welcomed to stay and work hier after graduation. We need more FTs.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,796
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    They are already hier.

    Many are welcomed to stay and work hier after graduation. We need more FTs.
    ..... haiz.......only Singapore would welcome them ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    There are bad apples from every country. Just that there are more bad apples from Chinese students simply because there are a lot more of them. Just a numbers game. In my time as a student in the US, I have seen Taiwanese, Hong Kongers (pre-97), Indonesians, Indians and many other students from different countries cheat in their studies, even Singaporean students. But I have also seen many exceptional students from these same countries as well, including students from China.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 3rd June 2015 at 04:40 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,796
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    There are bad apples from every country. Just that there are more bad apples from Chinese students simply because there are a lot more of them. Just a numbers game. In my time as a student in the US, I have seen Taiwanese, Hong Kongers (pre-97), Indonesians, Indians and many other students from different countries cheat in their studies, even Singaporean students. But I have also seen many exceptional students from these same countries as well, including students from China.
    Haiz .....bad apples from China are still bad apples lah ............... chances of getting them here are also higher knowing how much we like to put emphasis on academic qualifications per se....... one of them came with Degree in Finance and Economics and Masters of Science in Management and doesn't even know what an invoice/LC is ............so the boss had no choice but to put him through crash course to get him started .........crash a few times liao.......
    Last edited by Zenten; 3rd June 2015 at 11:58 AM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Haiz .....bad apples from China are still bad apples lah ............... chances of getting them here are also higher knowing how much we like to put emphasis on academic qualifications per se....... one of them came with Degree in Finance and Economics and Masters of Science in Management and doesn't even know what an invoice/LC is ............so the boss had no choice but to put him through crash course to get him started .........crash a few times liao.......
    Yes, bad apples from Singapore are also bad apples too...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,796
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yes, bad apples from Singapore are also bad apples too...

    Yup....careful when you choose apples....knowing that they will come with hidden flaws ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  11. #11
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Yup....careful when you choose apples....knowing that they will come with hidden flaws ......
    Yup... interview carefully. No good, just let go during probation.

  12. #12
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    There are bad apples from every country. Just that there are more bad apples from Chinese students simply because there are a lot more of them. Just a numbers game. In my time as a student in the US, I have seen Taiwanese, Hong Kongers (pre-97), Indonesians, Indians and many other students from different countries cheat in their studies, even Singaporean students. But I have also seen many exceptional students from these same countries as well, including students from China.
    Looking at the number game:

    2012 Singapore published data

    Resident population 3.818,200
    Crude Death Rate 4.5/1000
    Annual Deaths 17,181

    Extrapolate to China demographics

    China population 1,300,000,000
    Crude Death Rate 4.5/1000 (say same as Singapore)
    Annual Deaths 5,850,000

    That mean 1.5X SG resident population equivalent die in China every year
    So if this data on deaths from China is read in isolation, it is a frightening number indeed

  13. #13
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Looking at the issue. This indicate that there are a large number of "well-off" families that can afford the high cost to send their children to US universities.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,796
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Looking at the issue. This indicate that there are a large number of "well-off" families that can afford the high cost to send their children to US universities.
    Can't these buggers stay put in their own country and not cause trouble elsewhere ..... and bring shame upon themselves and their country..........

    They have got to understand that people everywhere are becoming very wary of their scams and shenanigans.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •