Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: (Good) retribution

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default (Good) retribution

    This just happened to me. This is for real.

    In morning bought a packet of beehoon in office charity sale
    did not eat as ate ither things and later
    got other lunch function

    decide take beehoon home to munch for dinner

    on way home went to simlim square (2 hours ago)
    bought a Sony Thumb drive 1GB
    new young salesman mistakenly told other lady saleslady price was $88
    (he was too new to be allowed to operate the credit card machines)
    when she pased me Visa card to sign, I noticed the price was wrong
    so told them it is an error, actual price is $158
    I could have signed taken the stuff and walked
    but did not
    because very "chik- ark"
    the poor young salesman sure get scolding, pay cut or get fired
    the boss started scolding him a bit already, then I said 'small matter'
    to cool it
    redo the Visa and signed for the $158 actual price
    they were quite appreciative, including the new salesman

    so got home, bathed and start eating the behoon while surfing PC same time
    LUCKY - discovered a metal staple in the beehoon just before putting into mouth
    (must have inadvertently dropped into beehoon in office charity sale by someone preparing it)

    imagine if I had eaten it
    and it pokes my throat or intestine?
    very painful
    maybe no way to take out
    except surgery
    what saved me?

    why and how come so lucky to discover it before eating ?

    I believe in "yin kuo" or some call it "pao ying"
    sometimes it takes years
    sometimes immediate.

    what would have happened if I had just signed $88 for the Sony IGB thumb drive and walked out of the shop, knowing it cost $158 actually?
    maybe the new young salesman get fired
    maybe I get into hospital in great pain for a long time with a staple poking my intestines

    don't fool around with retribution and don't take needless advantage of others

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Good for you and your honesty!

  3. #3

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Ups for your honesty!! That's great!

    I agree that strange things do happen.. but luckily u manage to spot the staple.

    One can never be too careful! (Do spare a thgt for all the dengue victims... none of them asked for it.. hope they'll recover soon)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    This just happened to me. This is for real.

    In morning bought a packet of beehoon in office charity sale
    did not eat as ate ither things and later
    got other lunch function

    decide take beehoon home to munch for dinner

    on way home went to simlim square (2 hours ago)
    bought a Sony Thumb drive 1GB
    new young salesman mistakenly told other lady saleslady price was $88
    (he was too new to be allowed to operate the credit card machines)
    when she pased me Visa card to sign, I noticed the price was wrong
    so told them it is an error, actual price is $158
    I could have signed taken the stuff and walked
    but did not
    because very "chik- ark"
    the poor young salesman sure get scolding, pay cut or get fired
    the boss started scolding him a bit already, then I said 'small matter'
    to cool it
    redo the Visa and signed for the $158 actual price
    they were quite appreciative, including the new salesman

    so got home, bathed and start eating the behoon while surfing PC same time
    LUCKY - discovered a metal staple in the beehoon just before putting into mouth
    (must have inadvertently dropped into beehoon in office charity sale by someone preparing it)

    imagine if I had eaten it
    and it pokes my throat or intestine?
    very painful
    maybe no way to take out
    except surgery
    what saved me?

    why and how come so lucky to discover it before eating ?

    I believe in "yin kuo" or some call it "pao ying"
    sometimes it takes years
    sometimes immediate.

    what would have happened if I had just signed $88 for the Sony IGB thumb drive and walked out of the shop, knowing it cost $158 actually?
    maybe the new young salesman get fired
    maybe I get into hospital in great pain for a long time with a staple poking my intestines

    don't fool around with retribution and don't take needless advantage of others
    it's not only you who got the 'good effect' ... imagine you ate that bee hoon and get hospitalised, the office staff in charge of the charity sale gets into trouble as well, and may resent himself/herself for a long time. but do remember to drop the staff in charge of the charity a small note on food safety, for the good of everyone.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    $18 for a $1800 watch!

  7. #7

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...
    OMG



    what goes around comes around

  8. #8

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...
    This shows tt retribution does not affect everyone.

    It's human nature to find a "cause" when something happens. If dead end, say "God" did it; solves everything.



    .

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    This shows tt retribution does not affect everyone.

    It's human nature to find a "cause" when something happens. If dead end, say "God" did it; solves everything.



    .
    have seen enough of many other cases involving other people to know retribution is for real
    most likely the cashier got fired for the $18 watch
    somebody lost his/her livelihood
    so it is not funny
    their children suffer
    terence can keep track of this friend
    and see what happens to him
    not swallowing staples of course
    but can be serious accident, dread disease, retrenchment, wiped out in share trading, etc....
    perhaps NKF case is also an example...when one already has so much ($600,000 peanuts) and still needs to rip off the donors and sue others for telling the truth
    people who feel they are so powerful, untouchable, invincible and become nasty and mean.
    the one up there will teach them a lesson.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 21st September 2005 at 12:11 AM.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Hmmm... AFAIK, it's not safe to eat packed food in styrofoam or paper foils after more than 2 hours.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Hmmm... AFAIK, it's not safe to eat packed food in styrofoam or paper foils after more than 2 hours.
    One of those many fables:

    http://www.snopes.com/toxins/noodles.htm

    HS

  12. #12

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Hmmm... AFAIK, it's not safe to eat packed food in styrofoam or paper foils after more than 2 hours.
    SAF cook house rule.

  13. #13

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...
    Wah... jialat lehz... your friend did not go back to the store to rectify the error? The store could have bring him to court for it.... it is obviously a human error. This reminds me of the HP laser printer case where an online store placed a wrong price tag on the laser printer & afew guys made bulk order of it & insist the online store honour the sale.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by gundugundu
    Wah... jialat lehz... your friend did not go back to the store to rectify the error? The store could have bring him to court for it.... it is obviously a human error. This reminds me of the HP laser printer case where an online store placed a wrong price tag on the laser printer & afew guys made bulk order of it & insist the online store honour the sale.
    His side of the story was that he only noticed the error after leaving the store. He bought the watch while on holiday in Perth. I'm pretty sure some undesirable consequence came about as a result of this, but AFAIK, he's still in possession of the watch when I saw him last and not been asked to pay the full amount. What goes around, comes around. I'm sure this incident will bite him in the ass one day, in one way or another.

  15. #15

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    His side of the story was that he only noticed the error after leaving the store. He bought the watch while on holiday in Perth. I'm pretty sure some undesirable consequence came about as a result of this, but AFAIK, he's still in possession of the watch when I saw him last and not been asked to pay the full amount. What goes around, comes around. I'm sure this incident will bite him in the ass one day, in one way or another.
    Wow! I'm sure he will surely make arrangement & do all he can if he had mistakenly sign off $18000. Distance & hassle is not really an issue... its just an excuse

  16. #16
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    upz for good karma!!

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    upz for good karma!!
    right. upz for the good karma for the watch.
    maybe it a retribution for the watch store owner that why Terence friend get it for $18.

  18. #18

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Everyone 'Should' perform good deeds without any any hope of good returns and rewards. Ricoh did a good job. Praise him for that. =)

    For me, i dun believe in 'Yin Guo'. I believe that everyone 'should' perform good deeds and it is a responsibility.

  19. #19

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    right. upz for the good karma for the watch.
    maybe it a retribution for the watch store owner that why Terence friend get it for $18.

    LOL That's another way of seeing it!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: (good) retribution

    What goes around comes around.This is very true..
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •