Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bus and cab fare cheaters to be jailed!

Default Re: Bus and cab fare cheaters to be jailed!

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    how come no law to penalise dishonest cab drivers?
    there should be!!!$#@%yesterday went to holland village..took a cab whose driver looks like pck mah!told him block 30..e usual pretend dont know and ask me if i know...reach holland avenue..spoke in chinese testing if im not local mah.stop in front of block 11 and ask to get off pointing its behind the block.cannot tahan ...scold him he shouldnt be working as taxi driver!!work as CON artist better!suddenly he knew where is block 30....******* rite?

Say so much for what?
    Either you vote them out of power or you migrate!
    I'm thinking of migranting soon. I rather be a quitter.

hmmm ... in this place don't think anyone is interested in stopping anyone else from quitting anyway

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    the moral of the story, get your daddy or mommy to buy a car.
    don't forget a chauffeur too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    don't forget a chauffeur too.
    The moral of MORE GOOD YEAR.

i wasn't even referring to you ... oh well
    Oh, BTW, I've deleted the post.

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Oh, BTW, I've deleted the post.
    sure.

sure.
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by glensky
    there should be!!!$#@%yesterday went to holland village..took a cab whose driver looks like pck mah!told him block 30..e usual pretend dont know and ask me if i know...reach holland avenue..spoke in chinese testing if im not local mah.stop in front of block 11 and ask to get off pointing its behind the block.cannot tahan ...scold him he shouldnt be working as taxi driver!!work as CON artist better!suddenly he knew where is block 30....******* rite?
    hahaha... reminds me.

This cabbie who refused to accept VISA even though my fare was $18. He said, "Machine spoil." in the end, its more like, "I don't know how to operate the VISA machine." and I have to show HIM how to do it.

To top it all off, his driving was horrible, nearly got into a couple of rear end banging, e-brakes, clutch throwing and speeding.

With cabbies like this, we need legislation enforced to ensure that cheating cabbies get their licensed axed and not a clampdown on so-called 'cheating passengers'.

People pay to have good service in other countries. In our country, we pay and must bow to the person and he must feel good before we can get service of any kind.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    i think this whole thing is an evil ploy for the garment to make us buy more cars/bikes lah, then make even more money by installing erp(on 24hrs a day) all over the place, even in TUAS...

but seriously, it quite ridiculous if u think carefully about it...

1. a person cheats a PRIVATE company, and he gets thrown into a PUBLIC PRISON? wasting tax payers money? so is there some special tie up between the private company and our prisons? in my opinion, he shd just be fined and the fine go to the private companies. afterall, we are a FINE city wat

2. are we one of the very few privilleged countries where PRIVATE companies can request the local garment to impose LAWS to help safe guard their own interests?

3. if there is a hardware or software malfunction, and our cards dont get sensed and as a result are not detected, then will it be a case of the private company cheating us and then sue us for cheating and then we get jailed?

4. think that we are in one of those countries where the garment is the sole winner. i mean, even the bookies are going out of job liao, so i guess as they always say in the army, LPPL, lan lan suck thumb....

maybe after this, i may just be thrown in under isa....
    Someone needs to tell these firms that they can't get away with swinging their fat arms around like a miserly bozo with an IQ of a drunk squirrel.Public transport in Singapore is no longer a public department, there is something terribly flawed with this profit-oriented system of transport.

And pray tell how does a so-called private transport company manage to get the act of being cheated into the Penal Code all of a sudden?Private?I think not.Profit driven?Yes.

Willing to jail cheats just to maximise profit?Now that's killing a robber with a Primus isn't it..boy we are the kings of intelligent hyperbole on this Earth eh..
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Jailing fare cheaters may not be effective as a publishment as some people consider going to jail as a "confined holiday".
    And its FREE!!!! Three times a day FREE food, FREE TV, no electricity bills, no gas bill, no water bill, no work to do, can read books the whole day...........BUT: NO SEX!!

HS

Quote Originally Posted by reno77

The driver dropped her off at bus-stop B02 Marine Terrace. Stranded with no money, my daughter had to walk all the way home. "

No money ? Off you go !
    He!he! Exactly the same thing happened to me when I was young (and that was long ago!!) in Holland. I went out for a swim at a swimmingpool, about 10 KM away from where I lived.......

On the way home we went into a bus, but we were short of money (after spending some of the money for food after swimming, and we calculated wrongly the amount as we were unsure how much the trip would cost; we were brought there by car).......the driver didn't allow us into the bus, not even for the money amount we had.......

After calling home to pick us up, the person who was to pick us up couldn't find us (and this was in a time when there were no handphones, no pagers).......

It was getting dark, and we decided to just walk the 10 KM back home.........:-)

HS

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Unfortunately, that's that for u.

"Got money take bus. No money u walk."

The driver or the ppl in-charge would prolly be thinking, "Hey, she already got a lift up to the point where her $1 would take her. What more she want?"

And what's that we hear the last time say about promoting a 'gracious society'?
    Can also say that about the other people inside the bus, those who at least knew what was happening, couldn't they just help the girl with some small coins to pay for the remaining trip????

HS
    Last edited by hongsien; 20th September 2005 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Bus driver left 12-year-old girl stranded because she didn't have enough fare

No money ? Off you go !
    Remind me of an incident when i am young about 15 when one of my friend fall and cut badly i carry him to the nearest clinic and when face the doctor the first question ask is 'who are you related and do you have the money to pay?' I say friend and the answer is 'call the parent, if not i can't do anything'
    Nothing again doctor, but this people exist...

Before midnight taxi drivers disappears and suddenly appears afterwards. The solution? Staggered charge (commuter pay the price)... Peak hours and taxi nowhere to be found, but when you call they suddenly appear due to booking fee (commuter pay the price)...

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Remind me of an incident when i am young about 15 when one of my friend fall and cut badly i carry him to the nearest clinic and when face the doctor the first question ask is 'who are you related and do you have the money to pay?' I say friend and the answer is 'call the parent, if not i can't do anything'
    Nothing again doctor, but this people exist...
    I think there may be a good reason for a family member to be there, not only the money matter.........am not a doctor, so don't know the reason....

Or maybe the doctor was a 'convicted' paedofile, and can not be left alone with young innocent, and wounded patients?

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    I think there may be a good reason for a family member to be there, not only the money matter.........am not a doctor, so don't know the reason....

Or maybe the doctor was a 'convicted' paedofile, and can not be left alone with young innocent, and wounded patients?
    then why he ask got $$$$ boh.... just ask for parents lah.....

sorry for the hijack ( abit related )

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Before midnight taxi drivers disappears and suddenly appears afterwards. The solution? Staggered charge (commuter pay the price)... Peak hours and taxi nowhere to be found, but when you call they suddenly appear due to booking fee (commuter pay the price)...
    Cheating cabbies! Jail 'em!
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Cheating cabbies! Jail 'em!
    Suspense their license

Today's Straits Times just posted an article on the buggy EZ-Link system.... days after the above news on getting jailed for cheating bus/cab fares. Apparently 25% of refunds was due to this.....

Hmmm... makes me wonder will they pull off another TT.Durai on this... hahahah!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast