Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bus and cab fare cheaters to be jailed!

Default Re: Bus and cab fare cheaters to be jailed!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888

Although I would like this same law applied to those #% selfish people who like to walk haphazardly while read or playing with their mobile phone and expecting everyone to make way or look out for them. heheh Now that is one ruling I would support along with this one. heh.
    Just walk into them and say: Hey, watch where you walk!.........

That's what I did when people don't let me out of the MRT.......not that they listen to me though :-(, so I just push them aside..........he!he!

HS

Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    maybe after this, i may just be thrown in under isa....

Nah not ISA lah... just 20 feet underground at ISD special hotel. lah.

But seriously, I can understand about the reliability of the sensor for detecting the card but so far if it does not work you would not hear the audio "bip" sound. I had that happen. But you have to pay attention to it. In any case, as you say if they want to pass this law, you can be certain they will be kiasu enought to come out with so called "safeguards" to prevent that from happening..not to help the innocent but to prevent themselves from losing face if it screws up heheh.

what is considered "cheating" will soon depend on driver/inspector's interpretation....

forget to tap card when boarding....JAIL!!!
    tap card but forget to press bell hence drop 1 stop later....JAIL!!!
    bus crowded and card accidentally touch device and beeps...JAIL!!!

damn jia lat....

Singapore has once again made headlines all over the world with this stupid ass law and everyone is laughing their ass off!
    BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Just walk into them and say: Hey, watch where you walk!.........

That's what I did when people don't let me out of the MRT.......not that they listen to me though :-(, so I just push them aside..........he!he!

HS

*HIGH FIVE* Hey you mirror my solution! heheh..... That is what I have been doing for the past year with the help of my haversack...just nudge them off. But of late I verbally tell them off.....this is because the worst cuplrits are women.

I wonder how much longer this will be going on till someone using their mobile phone and walked off the platform into an oncoming train before they want to impose jail time or a huge fine to prevent this too heheheh.....Sometime you have to be cruel to be kind heheh..

Where is dkw to balance this??

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    Singapore has once again made headlines all over the world with this stupid ass law and everyone is laughing their ass off!
    BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!
    that's why we are known the world around as a FINE country

Nowadays, take bus also kenna find and jail. What has this world become?

It's always the operators who wanted to rip off the profits. How about us as commuters who kenna overcharged? Who should we seek justice from? I was overcharged many times becuase the bus drive did not update the fare stages. Went to MRT station to get the balance back, and guess what, they'll make an investigation and I am to go back again to collect the refund if it's justified! Hey, then who's going to pay for my time, transport charges to the MRT station and effort! The operator there went speechless.

The law protects only the operators, how about we as commuters? If I have a choice, I'd rather take private buses from other operators. Let there be some open market yah?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

I think the main reason is not to deter public transport fare cheaters....
    but a bigger hidden worry of declining profits.

(Aren't most companies nowadays more concerned bout profits and meeting the "TARGETS" irregardless how anyone else may suffer.)
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    I think the main reason is not to deter public transport fare cheaters....
    but a bigger hidden worry of declining profits.

(Aren't most companies nowadays more concerned bout profits and meeting the "TARGETS" irregardless how anyone else may suffer.)
    all these while... i think its kinda funny y they called it public transport when they are privatised... and when things are public, shouldn't they ignore the possibility of profits? so since they are privatised, should they be like private companies and settle their problems by themselves?

so maybe should we also go seek help if our debtors refuse to make payment (minor sum below 10k) & request them to go to jail next time?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    i've proposed this, and i'll propose again, CANING is the BEST way. no need to spend precious tax payer's $ to sponsor a few weeks@changi!

For shoplifting, littering, and other petty crimes, even drink driving, one just needs to be charged at a local police station, with probably a few witnesses, no need expensive judge nor lawyers, then if guilty, straight away taken to changi and PIAK! PIAK!

everything done within 48hrs, no criminial record, no need yellow ribbon. save everyone's time/$!

coming back to the topic, if one really intend to cheat on the bus, and one sees a conductor up the bus, i'll alight immediately! i mean..who wouldn't?? those who'll get caught are those who unintentionally didn't manage to register the tapping during boarding.

PIAK PIAK!
    Ahh... Its just like what Mummy always liked to say huh?

"You anyhow tok, wait policeman come and catch you!"
    "You say again?! Say somemore I beat you ah!"

Does words like these ring a bell?

Do wrong = jail, punish, cane.

If that's the case, might as well be like Communist China. Have Capital Sentence on every thing. That would solve problems real quick. Just pay 30 cents for a bullet. *BANG* Nuff said.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I thought SBS profit is on the rise? How did they measure the loss of profit? Even with the white elephant stations, the favor seems to be always on the corporate side. I guess we need more yellow ribbons for these future ex-convicts.

Private, Public... Service still sux. Honestly.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I have foreign friends who don't pay some taxi drivers. This is because, seeing that my friends are foreigners, some taxi drivers fake a long route. For example, to get to Ang Mo Kio from Eunos, they are brought all the way to Changi Airport. One can even see the control tower!

So they get off without paying a cent to the cheat.

What happens in this case? Pay the taxi driver for cheating you of over $10 or get fined for not paying them?

And it's worse for buses. The bus companies are at fault! If they kept to the old ticketing system (magnetic cards), we wouldn't have EZ-link card problems. Blame themselves for inventing such a lousy system.

Before the NEL run, i took private bus from Punggol road to Raffles city, i think bus no. 638.. 30 mins journey and only .90cts!
    cheap and fast!

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    I thought SBS profit is on the rise? How did they measure the loss of profit? Even with the white elephant stations, the favor seems to be always on the corporate side. I guess we need more yellow ribbons for these future ex-convicts.
    Yes its will and always be on the rise...but the funny thing bout companies is that once target reached, they tend to set a higher target...if not heads will roll.

Eg.

Profit for year A = 1000k

Company set target next year B = 1500k

Profit for year B = 1000k

Which means targets not met, heads will roll.
    Every year there will be an increase if target is met...so 1000k might become 5000k in future...anything less would be blasphemous by then. Haha

No profits = let's jack up prices to hit our target

My company too sets company targets, not those sensible ones...but those conditions which people have to work their bums off to keep their jobs and not to offend people sitting in higher positions. It's amusingly ridiculous.

Maybe what i said might not be accurate...from what i know...mine is the layman's point of view. You can't really educate a layman to think how a corporate guy think when the layman's not earning those kind of peanuts as the ones in the corporate does.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    Yes its will and always be on the rise...but the funny thing bout companies is that once target reached, they tend to set a higher target...if not heads will roll.

Eg.

Profit for year A = 1000k

Company set target next year B = 1500k

Profit for year B = 1000k

Which means targets not met, heads will roll.
    Every year there will be an increase if target is met...so 1000k might become 5000k in future...anything less would be blasphemous by then. Haha

No profits = let's jack up prices to hit our target

My company too sets company targets, not those sensible ones...but those conditions which people have to work their bums off to keep their jobs and not to offend people sitting in higher positions. It's amusingly ridiculous.

Maybe what i said might not be accurate...from what i know...mine is the layman's point of view. You can't really educate a layman to think how a corporate guy think when the layman's not earning those kind of peanuts as the ones in the corporate does.
    That is why they decide to jail the "perpetrator". Its something a layman will understand. But still funny how they promote the yellow ribbon project on one hand, and this on the other hand. Or does it mean there were over supply of yellow ribbons?

Typically, a dishonest commuter taps his ez-link card on the exit reader well before his intended stop. This way, he is charged a lower fare.
    I'm puzzled. I thought all buses would disable the cards to be 'flashed' once they board the buses nowadays? So why now go to such extend?

So could we in turn sue them when they provide lousy services, like buses coming late or cabbies that got lost

Singaporeans are living sponges? let's all boink boink!!

all these r just to ensure that the profit target has been met, hence it translates to good performance = higher bonus come end of the year,

other wise , u think those mgmt will 1 2 sit there on the mgmt team ? , u think doing charity meh , got perfomance appraisal 1 ley

Bus driver left 12-year-old girl stranded because she didn't have enough fare

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/for...41739,00.html?

" She had lost her EZlink card and was told to pay $1 for the journey home the first time she took a bus. She had been taking this service for the past nine months and had been paying $1 each time she took it.

On Sept 10, she boarded bus number 13 at bus-stop B16 Upper East Coast Road at around 2pm. She was told by the driver that she had to pay $1.30 for the journey home. Unfortunately, she did not bring extra money and told the driver.

The driver dropped her off at bus-stop B02 Marine Terrace. Stranded with no money, my daughter had to walk all the way home. "

No money ? Off you go !

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast