Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Property Market Crash

  1. #21
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    We, as SG, is a victim of our own success.

    We become so successful, that at the same time, are caught in this cycle of rising prices and materialism.

    Blame no one except ourselves
    Be proud of yourself for your success and your country for giving you the opportunity.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    We, as SG, is a victim of our own success. We become so successful, that at the same time, are caught in this cycle of rising prices and materialism. Blame no one except ourselves
    Think again:

    Backdrop; Cheap money printed by trillions; low interest rates and strong SGD. where would you park your money (currency)? Stocks are volatile, properties are good bets. Singapore is very much plugged into the global trade and money flows very quickly from everywhere. Even with the degree of control the policy makers put in place, the prices kept inching up. I believe they would have carefully buffered Singaporeans for the huge release of new apartments. Hopefully this will sort out the unrealistic prices.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    We, as SG, is a victim of our own success.

    We become so successful, that at the same time, are caught in this cycle of rising prices and materialism.

    Blame no one except ourselves
    Agreed fully.

    Don't you think a cup of coffee for $8 is expensive?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Worse than crash ....... dying a slow death .....................
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

    Agreed fully.

    Don't you think a cup of coffee for $8 is expensive?
    Yeah, its like robbing a bank

  6. #26
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Worse than crash ....... dying a slow death .....................
    that's more fun right slow death than quick one
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  7. #27

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    I know a couple both are full time agent and they both own a car. I am now thinking i think i choose a wrong career -_-
    Car in sg is waste of money ... Donation to govy coffer only .... Buy camera and lens better
    Last edited by DSolZ; 13th June 2015 at 07:41 AM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    Car in sh is waste on money ... Donation to govy coffer only .... Buy camera and lens better
    That's donation to Jepun. So help other governments also don't help our own lah, is it?
    Last edited by UncleFai; 11th June 2015 at 11:34 PM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    That's donation to Jepun. So help other governments also don't help our own lah, is it?

    Must support local products! Buy more HDB uncle Fai? ^_^
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  10. #30

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    That's donation to Jepun. So help other governments also don't help our own lah, is it?
    I mean the import taxes govy is charging us. Not even mentioning ERP. Price of car is pretty ridiculous in sg. Which is why buy camera and lens seems a nicer way of spending money haha

  11. #31

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    Must support local products! Buy more HDB uncle Fai? ^_^
    Ok I got what you mean ... Buy camera means donation to Japan lol ...
    At least there isn't a 200% tax on import

  12. #32
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    Ok I got what you mean ... Buy camera means donation to Japan lol ...
    At least there isn't a 200% tax on import
    Buy camera means support local XMMs.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Singapore property market will not crash at all. With all the ABSD, SSD and TDSR cooling measures, it is actually preventing bubble from happening.
    Look at all these measures, what do you think they are meant for? Simply imply that those whom with the cash and affordable to buy and own, then buy. Otherwise, do save up a bit more before coming out to shop.
    As our property prices have stabilised, a lot of resale by sellers transacted at new low pricing and new condo launch pricing have been selling at the right price point after all the measures. Now, it is more about the buyers affordability.
    There's upcoming new launch at Fernvale - High Park Residences, launching in early July 2015 amazing low price starts from $3xxk.... Best time to own 1 private condo when the price is so near to BTO...
    Cheers and good luck

  14. #34
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by ominblue View Post
    Singapore property market will not crash at all. With all the ABSD, SSD and TDSR cooling measures, it is actually preventing bubble from happening.
    Look at all these measures, what do you think they are meant for? Simply imply that those whom with the cash and affordable to buy and own, then buy. Otherwise, do save up a bit more before coming out to shop.
    As our property prices have stabilised, a lot of resale by sellers transacted at new low pricing and new condo launch pricing have been selling at the right price point after all the measures. Now, it is more about the buyers affordability.
    There's upcoming new launch at Fernvale - High Park Residences, launching in early July 2015 amazing low price starts from $3xxk.... Best time to own 1 private condo when the price is so near to BTO...
    Cheers and good luck

    Selling at new low = selling at right price? Hmmm ... ...

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by ominblue View Post
    Singapore property market will not crash at all. With all the ABSD, SSD and TDSR cooling measures, it is actually preventing bubble from happening.
    Look at all these measures, what do you think they are meant for? Simply imply that those whom with the cash and affordable to buy and own, then buy. Otherwise, do save up a bit more before coming out to shop.
    As our property prices have stabilised, a lot of resale by sellers transacted at new low pricing and new condo launch pricing have been selling at the right price point after all the measures. Now, it is more about the buyers affordability.
    There's upcoming new launch at Fernvale - High Park Residences, launching in early July 2015 amazing low price starts from $3xxk.... Best time to own 1 private condo when the price is so near to BTO...
    Cheers and good luck
    price start from 3xxk, well the smallest unit is also only 388sqft... thats is ~$1000psf cheap meh ??? to me thats is like 20% overprice imo... i got money i put my money elsewhere...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  16. #36

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    I know a couple both are full time agent and they both own a car. I am now thinking i think i choose a wrong career -_-
    I'm a freelance taxi driver and i know personally alot of drivers who are ex property agents..always remember-in order to win,someone has to lose.

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post

    I'm a freelance taxi driver and i know personally alot of drivers who are ex property agents..always remember-in order to win,someone has to lose.
    It's the pareto theory 80-20 rule.

    Only 20% will be successful. 80% is at the bottom of the pit. Same applies to every industry and jobs.

    For estate biz, its v clear to rationalise this. There are only limited number of units to be sold and bought in the market. But we have 35000 agents. So how can every agent survive?
    Last edited by donut88; 22nd June 2015 at 08:47 AM.

  18. #38
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    I'm a freelance taxi driver and i know personally alot of drivers who are ex property agents..always remember-in order to win,someone has to lose.
    Agree... Now my property agent friend went back to normal office works and doing property agent as part time only.
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  19. #39

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    It's the pareto theory 80-20 rule.

    Only 20% will be successful. 80% is at the bottom of the pit. Same applies to every industry and jobs.

    For estate biz, its v clear to rationalise this. There are only limited number of units to be sold and bought in the market. But we have 35000 agents. So how can every agent survive?
    It is outdated, middle class disappearing, now it is 90/10 rule and fast becoming 95/5 and 99/1%.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    We, as SG, is a victim of our own success.

    We become so successful, that at the same time, are caught in this cycle of rising prices and materialism.

    Blame no one except ourselves
    Before you decide who to blame, ask yourself this:

    Who is the biggest landlord in the whole of Singapore? Then ask ask any Tom, Dick or Harry what is the real cause for our rising prices and cost of living...... I think we already know the answer/s.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •